Flynn or Kolb

HOF4LOU

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolb would be a good choice for the right price. He's not likely to become a franchise QB, but he's probably better than T-Jax and there's an outside chance he could turn the corner. AZ was winning last year before he got hurt.

Considering that Kolb was playing on a team that had one of the worst, if not the worst O-Lines in football...and one of the worst, if not the worst running games in the NFL...he actually did not put up terrible numbers...Kolb got cremated in those two years at Arizona...

From 2009-2010 in Philly Kolb started 7 games and was sacked a total of 18 times...In Arizona he started 14 games over two seasons, and was sacked 57 times...

I think talent around him, and coaching, made a big difference with Kolb...I still don't view him as any long-term answer...But it's hard for me to imagine that Kolb would not be better than TJax...And again...When compared to Flynn...Kolb costs less, and no Draft picks are required to get him... B-)

Just back from a trip from the West Coast and rumours from Seattle fans is Flynn is on the trading block and Bills may be one of the teams interested. I have not heard this anywhere - anyone else heard this? How about Kolb as an option ?

I pray that we don't go down this road again (Rob Johnson) especially if it cost a premium pick...5-6th rd at best. I'll even throw in a conditional pick, hell we basically gave them an All-Pro RB for a 3rd & 4th rd pick, smh...they're way ahead dealing with this inept cast of characters, IMO.

So we should bring in a guy who's a bit better than TJax so we can win 7 games instead of 4 games?

Or do people just want to tie up more money in a veteran backup quarterback?

No one will make me understand the point of bringing in a second-tier veteran quarterback.

You're spot on with this.

So we should bring in a guy who's a bit better than TJax so we can win 7 games instead of 4 games?

No one will make me understand the point of bringing in a second-tier veteran quarterback.

add the following: DE, LB, OL, WR, CB to the list. Sometimes I wonder why The Bills just don't spend $300million a year on player's salaries. Don't they know we've got to have players? [/ffl bills fan]

It's a fair point...I'm really not in favor of bringing Kolb or Flynn in to be honest...I would like to go with a Rookie and see what happens...But from a Depth Chart standpoint I think I would prefer both those QB's to TJax...That's all...

It does seem like this is a discussion in turd-polishing for sure...

But anyway... B-)

I'm amazed sometimes just how obsessed people (and Buddy for that matter) are with these mid-to-late round draft picks. Last year those level of picks netted us Tank Carder, Mark Asper and Sanders. All three were eventually cut (though Sanders found his way to the practice squad). I'd trade any pick from the fourth round on to acquire an experienced player that could potentially solidify an area of need. So, I would prefer to send a 4th or 5th rounder to Seattle for Flynn as opposed to drafting Tom Dikwadd from SW Missouri St, a guy who'll probably end up being cut by the end of camp anyhow. For every late-round gem unearthed by a team, you have hundreds of other Asper and Carder types who just aren't very good and should be driving a beer truck instead.

Hey, I have Tom Dikwadd's jersey!

I think it is a very big assumption to say that any QB that the Bills could draft this year is EVER ready to be a starter, much less in their first year in the league. This is a bad QB draft and just because the Bills (and other teams) desperately need a QB doesn't change that. I am not saying that it isn't worth taking a chance on one of the QBs this year, only that if they do they need to be prepared to accept that he may never be starting material.

They need a veteran alternative. If they think Tarvaris Jackson is that guy, then OK. If not, then I'd like to see them pursue Kolb.

I agree with you on the talent in this draft although one can never be 100% sure.. there may be a diamond in there... However what is the point of adding another cast-off veteran QB when we already have Jackson on the roster... Flynn nor Kolb nor Jackson are leading this team to the promise land.

Let's face it, the Bills are going to have a tough year... I'd throw a rookie out there and see what he has. If he bombs, you likely set yourself up in a great position for the 2014 draft and you can grab a QB in the top of round 1 in a deeper QB class.

I agree with you on the talent in this draft although one can never be 100% sure.. there may be a diamond in there... However what is the point of adding another cast-off veteran QB when we already have Jackson on the roster... Flynn nor Kolb nor Jackson are leading this team to the promise land.

Let's face it, the Bills are going to have a tough year... I'd throw a rookie out there and see what he has. If he bombs, you likely set yourself up in a great position for the 2014 draft and you can grab a QB in the top of round 1 in a deeper QB class.

Yup. So sick of re-treads and other teams' trash. Draft a guy play him, and if he sucks, draft another guy. If the Bills spent their 1st round pick on QBs for the next 3 years until they found a franchise guy, would people even care? The PAts' drafts have sucked lately but they got Brady.