Gibson interested in bills but bills never called

NishP

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut him some slack. He's still trying to learn how to work the new digital phone system with caller ID readout. Once he gets that down, he'll start reaching out to FA's.

I thought he was still communicating via carrier pigeons.

I wish I could argue with you but I don't have too much in the way of supporting evidence.

+1. The problem between fans and the organization is that trust is earned. The owner and string of GMs haven't done anything in the past 13 years to show they deserve our trust. So, rather than trust that "they have a plan" as many of you suggest, we just assume they're screwing the pooch again. It's difficult at this point to believe there is a plan, especially when Gibson fits the bill for an up and coming WR and we have almost no legit WRs on the roster and we don't even kick his tires.

Edited by ndirish1978

+1. The problem between fans and the organization is that trust is earned. The owner and string of GMs haven't done anything in the past 13 years to show they deserve our trust. So, rather than trust that "they have a plan" as many of you suggest, we just assume they're screwing the pooch again. It's difficult at this point to believe there is a plan, especially when Gibson fits the bill for an up and coming WR and we have almost no legit WRs on the roster and we don't even kick his tires.

While reading your post, I looked up and I realized that I still had a magnet with the Bills 2007 schedule attached to my file cabinet. it just made me think how nothing changes with this organization.They try to change the recipe, they bake it different ways, but they end up with the same old result. Garbage Stew.

Dolphins agreed to terms with WR Brandon Gibson, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year contract.

The Jets' top free-agent target is taking his talents to South Beach. Gibson, 25, is the latest mediocre talent to join GM Jeff Ireland's burgeoning "Dream Team," and should be slotted into his ideal role of No. 3 receiver behind Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline. Gibson can move the chains and is a threat in the red zone, but offers nothing after the catch and is prone to mental mistakes. His 108 yards after the catch were an absurd 167th in the NFL last season. With just one 100-yard game in 54 career contests, Gibson won't be a major threat for fantasy value as the fourth or fifth option in Miami's pass game. Davone Bess may be done in Miami. Mar 15 - 4:36 PMSource: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dolphins agreed to terms with WR Brandon Gibson, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year contract.

The Jets' top free-agent target is taking his talents to South Beach. Gibson, 25, is the latest mediocre talent to join GM Jeff Ireland's burgeoning "Dream Team," and should be slotted into his ideal role of No. 3 receiver behind Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline. Gibson can move the chains and is a threat in the red zone, but offers nothing after the catch and is prone to mental mistakes. His 108 yards after the catch were an absurd 167th in the NFL last season. With just one 100-yard game in 54 career contests, Gibson won't be a major threat for fantasy value as the fourth or fifth option in Miami's pass game. Davone Bess may be done in Miami. Mar 15 - 4:36 PMSource: Adam Schefter on Twitter

All that may be true. He is still miles better than Graham. Graham has bad hands and doesn't run consistant routes. He seems to be a head case as well.

That sounds about right.

He might be mediocre on a team with Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline, but he would be as good as anything we have and miles better then anyone except Stevie on this team. I really don't believe this team is trying to win. One year of spending, and it is back to the cheap old ways of the Bills.

He was a rookie last year. Cut him a bit of a break, CJ didn't look that great as a rook. Marv Levy as coach used to say rookies all make mistakes.

He also said "your best rookies are last year's rookies" meaning that many players make their biggest jumps between their first and second years.

A source informed me shortly after wide receiver Brandon Gibson signed a three-year deal with the Dolphins that Gibson wanted to play with his buddy, Bills receiver Stevie Johnson. The sentiment was mutual, based on what Johnson told the NFL Network about Gibson last week.

But the Bills, said the source, never reached out.

Source: Buffalo News

By: Tim Grahmn

Quite frankly, if Brandon Gibson is the level of talent we're looking for in a WR we should probably re-sign David Nelson. He's not the difference-maker I'd like to see on the team

Well considering you live in St. Louis and are familiar with Gibson, that speaks volumes to me.

I'd like to give a guy the benefit of the doubt. 3 of Gibson's 4 years have been with Sam Bradford at the helm. I don't know what to make of Bradford. His first year I thought he looked very good for a rookie and I had high hopes. Now I kind of chortle at all the TBDians who are so insistent that all the Bills must do is draft a QB, any QB, high in Round 1 and our troubles will depart, like Cinderella's sash fluttering from the beaks of little bluebirds. To be fair, the OL acquisitions and/or OL coaching hasn't worked out and he's been doing a remake of "run for your life". And he's had 3 OC in as many years. But in 2011 he threw 6 TD. Six. In 10 games, whilst throwing for >200 YPG. And balanced them out with an equal number of INTs. A number of St Louisians speak fondly of Fitz and wonder why the Rams traded him. No jive. Still, the Rams had the chance to draft RGIII and they turned it down for draft picks. so they must still have hopes for Bradford's future development.

So to be fair, Gibson has done what he's done with a 1st round draft pick throwing to him, but a 1st round draft pick impersonating Alex Smith before Harbaugh pushed the reset button. On the other hand, Bradford isn't Fitz - he's got an arm, he's accurate. Gibson can be brilliant, and then he can disappear for games on end. And he's only 6 ft tall, and no faster than Nelson or maybe a bit slower. So yeah, I'd rather have Nelson, and neither are the difference makers I'd really like to see on the Bills.

Edited by Hopeful