Landing spot for Fitz?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

losing 20 of 28 games builds the hate. I know you like him also but it was time to cut that cord.

And yes I do look forward to the ribbing you and PTR have waiting for me when Fitz wins a game or two with his next franchise.

Like I've said multiple times, I'm excited to get a new QB and it is time to move on. Fitz is very limited with his arm. But if you think another QB was coming in here with our crappy defense and making us into a playoff team, you're mistaken. Our defense deserves just as much of the blame for the losses.

QB A: 60.6 %, 6.73 ypa, 24 tds, 16 ints, 8 fumbles, 83.3 QB rating.

QB B: 54.1%, 6.98 ypa, 23 tds, 18 ints, 9 fumbles, 76.5 qb rating.

QB A - Fitz, Qb B - Andrew Luck. Yet Fitz is a complete scrub and Luck is on a fast track to the HOF. Trust me, I woudl never take Fitz over Luck but it's just funny how much hate the guy gets.

Sam Bradford is a better example of a QB everyone thinks is god's gift to football but has done diddly squat except earn high draft picks for the Rams.

PTR

Well, it seems the Bills FO agreed, or he'd still be a Bill. I didn't hate Fitz the man, just Fitz the QB. And yes, it was a deep hatred. If Fitz won games, I would have loved him. But I was never convinced he ever could and he proved me right. You guys never understood that I wanted him to succeed. Badly. However I knew he would not.

As for he next QB, his performance will be the deciding factor.

Sam Bradford is a better example of a QB everyone thinks is god's gift to football but has done diddly squat except earn high draft picks for the Rams.

PTR

Yeah. Bradford sucks too. I'd still take him over Fitz, but he sucks.

PTR

Agreed, but he did drastically improve last year from his first 2 seasons. Having a real NFL coach in Fischer might yet earn him that praise

QB A - Fitz, Qb B - Andrew Luck. Yet Fitz is a complete scrub and Luck is on a fast track to the HOF. Trust me, I woudl never take Fitz over Luck but it's just funny how much hate the guy gets.

Those stats do not show one thing.

Luck is a winner

Fitz- Not so much.

By this i mean i remember at least three games where Luck brought his team back to win games last year.

I remember three games last year where Fitz sealed a defeat for the Bills.

The reality is that Fitz is about the 23rd-27th best QB in the NFL and I think that everyone agrees (if you don't it is blind hatred b/c the numbers support that). No one thinks that he is the answer.

Those that defend Fitz get frustrated when others say that he is worse than Losman, Edwards, etc... They argue that you could do worse (ie Arizona). Those that hate him believe that anyone would be a better fit (Jamarcus Russell has been suggested). The reality is that this franchise is long overdue for a guy better than the 25th or so best QB.

Luck also threw 235 balls further than 10 yards compared to Fitz's 146, threw for almost 1000 yards more, had a 4:1 TD:INT ratio and 92.3 rating when up or down 7 or fewer points in the 4th quarter compared to Fitz's 1:4 ratio with a 55.5 rating in the same situation. Oh, and Luck led a 2-14 team to the playoffs in his rookie season. Nice comparison.

Luck is a winner

Fitz- Not so much.

By this i mean i remember at least three games where Luck brought his team back to win games last year.

This.

The reality is that Fitz is about the 23rd-27th best QB in the NFL and I think that everyone agrees (if you don't it is blind hatred b/c the numbers support that). No one thinks that he is the answer.

Those that defend Fitz get frustrated when others say that he is worse than Losman, Edwards, etc... They argue that you could do worse (ie Arizona). Those that hate him believe that anyone would be a better fit (Jamarcus Russell has been suggested). The reality is that this franchise is long overdue for a guy better than the 25th or so best QB.

And this.

I highly doubt Jacksonville will be an option for Fitz. Not because he isn't as good as Henne or Gabbert, but in his interview with John Murphy he said that finding a place that was good for his family would weigh into where he went. And unless he intends to live far away from the city of Jacksonville itself, that isn't exactly the most family-friendly place to live.

your right, he should come in with an attitude that he sucks and everyone else is better then him. Thats a winning attitude!

I want my QB to know he sucks and that he shouldn't be playing in the league!

Actually a pretty similar stat line in Losmans only full season. 3050 yards 62% completion 19 TD 14 Int. 3 game winning drives.

This is actually better production than TJax ever put up.

Sirius NFL Radio Opening Drive this AM a caller asks about what SF will do for a backup QB. The host's response there are a lot of championship caliber backups available such as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I agree completely. I was very much hoping that somehow Fitz would sign as a backup with the pay cut. Now we will probably wind up with a rookie QB and TJax as the backup.

Luck is a winner

Fitz- Not so much.

There are only a handful of QBs who are "winners" in that they often lead their teams back in the end to win. Luck and Russell Wilson qualify based on their one season but better examples are the royalty of the NFL: Brady, the Mannings, Brees. After that it's ludicrous to point to any QB with a winning record and call them a "winner." Managing a game while your defense crushes your opponent does not make you a "winner."

Tim Tebow is the odd case. Yes he had many dramatic victories in his brief tenure as a starter, but his defense did the hard work of keeping the Broncos games close enough for him to pull one great drive out his butt.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Don Banks writes about the Backup QB Market and it is a shame that he fails to write even a single line about Fitz..

http://sportsillustr.../?sct=uk_t11_a5

Also, I don't understand why these pundits have Kolb going to the Jets...The Jets are already on the hook for close to 10M at the QB position for Sanchez. I don't understand how they can add another 3-4M to that position to get Kolb and compete. Kolb to the Bills would actually make more sense (as a primary backup).

if your starting games your not a back up - that makes you a starter

I wished harder than most that Fitz would improve his game and be the QB Buffalo deserved. And if I'm not lighting any candles for J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards, I'm sure as hell not wishing for Fitz to win the freaking super bowl. Call me ungrateful for letting him throw passes into the dirt at the feet of our receivers. We can find someone else to not restructure their contract or hide a team-hindering rib injury, who is younger and has a killer instinct. Lets roll the dice with a promising rookie or a mobile QB at this point.

My sentiments exactly! He can land at the GLUE FACTORY for all I care!

Sirius NFL Radio Opening Drive this AM a caller asks about what SF will do for a backup QB. The host's response there are a lot of championship caliber backups available such as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

He lost me with "championship caliber".

Edited by the skycap

Well said. And considering that's what he was signed for in the 1st place, I have no idea how people can possibly hate on the guy. Hate on JP Losman, a 1st round bust. I wish Fitz nothing but the best.

The moment Fitz was given a $62M contract, he is a starting QB. Why wouldn't he be criticized for his poor play (7-20 since signing the contract) just like Losman or Edwards were. He is one of the players responsible for the 7-20 record, so it is fair to criticize his play.