David Garrard A Jet

BRAWNDO

ESPN radio here in NY is saying that the Jets should go after Fitzpatrick if he's cut.

Meanwhile, some people here would probably go as far as to say that Garrard is better than Fitz. The irony.

The grass is always greener on the other side. People just don't realize that is because the cows sh*t more over there.

Seems to me that the Jets' QB situation is a lot like ours: a starter who nobody wants or trusts, a backup who nobody thinks is much better than the starter, hoping that a kid comes along in the first round that is better than the other two guys that suck, and a new system coming into place that nobody knows will work with any of the QBs.

Jets bring in a guy who hasn't played in 2 years, at 35 for a workout and sign him to compete for the starting job and its a good move

People suggest the Bills bring in anyone who is not a current starter for a workout and its a complete waste of time and horrible idea

Sounds about right...............

If you think about how bad the Bills are and have been, they still don't come close to the ridiculousness of the Jets.

I still remember all the chortling over the NY Post cover showing the Jets in a clown car.

Then they slaughtered us.

I'll laugh at the ridiculousness of the Jets when we stop being their b**ch and start pwning them.

Seems to me that the Jets' QB situation is a lot like ours: a starter who nobody wants or trusts, a backup who nobody thinks is much better than the starter, hoping that a kid comes along in the first round that is better than the other two guys that suck, and a new system coming into place that nobody knows will work with any of the QBs.

Not quite. They signed a Merriman - a player who was once good, has struggled with health issues, and who hopes to return to his own form.

Garrard spent his career on a team that lost too much for him to gain recognition. In his prime he was a good quarterback and Sanchez couldn't carry his jock.

Has anyone heard what he signed for? I was googling and came up blank.

Edited by Hopeful

Does this mean the Jets become unlikely to take a rookie QB this year.....particularly in the 1st round?

If it does, this would mean that Buffalo could far more comfortably trade down to grab their desired QB(if available) without the fear of the Jets snatching him at #9.

Better yet, it could mean that we can be more comfortable using the #8 pick on a LB.....and trade up from the 2nd into the late 1st to grab our QB.

Nor do the W-L records of the last decade.

Interestingly the Jets are one of a small handful of teams that:

1) The Bills have a higher all-time winning percentage than, and

2) The Bills lead the all-time series between

Unfortunately, the Jets won their first and only Super Bowl appearance in the AFL/AFC's first Super Bowl win ever and in a game where their quarterback guaranteed victory.

In contrast you all know our Super Bowl history.

So in spite of being a historically better franchise than them, we don't really own the Jets because in the most important category, they lead.

For the record I've always thought Garrard was a good quarterback on a bad team and in his prime was a much better quarterback than the one we've watched as our starter for the last 3 years.

JMO.

Just curious, what is the W-L percentage and the series record for the last decade?

I don't know but here's the place to find out:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=buf&tm2=nyj&yr=all

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/head-to-head.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/head-to-head.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/

Interestingly the Jets are one of a small handful of teams that:

1) The Bills have a higher all-time winning percentage than, and

2) The Bills lead the all-time series between

Unfortunately, the Jets won their first and only Super Bowl appearance in the AFL/AFC's first Super Bowl win ever and in a game where their quarterback guaranteed victory.

In contrast you all know our Super Bowl history.

So in spite of being a historically better franchise than them, we don't really own the Jets because in the most important category, they lead.

For the record I've always thought Garrard was a good quarterback on a bad team and in his prime was a much better quarterback than the one we've watched as our starter for the last 3 years.

JMO.

IIRC in the Jets SB winning year, 1968 season and 1969 Super Bowl, the Bills were 1-12-1 and their only win came against the Jets. ;)

IIRC in the Jets SB winning year, 1968 season and 1969 Super Bowl, the Bills were 1-12-1 and their only win came against the Jets. ;)

I think what it really boils down to is whether you'd rather have a slightly higher all-time winning percentage and head to head bragging rights along with 4 Super Bowl losses

OR

you'd rather be one for one in Super Bowls with that one win being one of the most historical championship games in professional sports history.

Thanks, pro-football-reference rocks, doesn't it? One of my fav sites.

I thought since you made a point about the all-time W-L record and series record, you might have that info handy.

Would seem more germaine, no? "What have you done for me lately?"

To a previous poster, I repeat: we've been the Jet's b**ch of recent years. They have pwn'd us. I'll laugh at their ridiculousness when the pwn'ing situation changes, and not before.