FREE AGENCY THREAD

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pressure is really on Flacco now. The Ravens lost a lot of key contributors on defense.

Flacco will be cut and get the Drew Bledsoe type treatment in 3 years. He will make the PERFECT scapegoat should the FO last that long.

ESPN New York reports free agent OG Brandon Moore is drawing interest from the Cowboys and Lions in addition to the Dolphins.

Moore visited the Dolphins on Wednesday, but it's unknown if he's lined up visits with either Dallas or Detroit. Moore is going on 33, but both teams need to upgrade their interior line. Moore was Pro Football Focus' No. 4 rated guard last season.

Related: Cowboys, Lions

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Looks like the price is rising possibly.

I wonder if we have made a gesture ?

Thought this guy would be high on the list after the Andy/Chad episode.

The pressure is really on Flacco now. The Ravens lost a lot of key contributors on defense.

In many ways, the retirement of Ray Lewis, and the losses of Ed Reed, Ellerbe, Kruger, Boldin, Bernard Pollard and Cary Williams take the pressure off Flacco.

BTW, it's also possible that they lose their starting LT, Bryant McKinnie.

Flacco will be cut and get the Drew Bledsoe type treatment in 3 years. He will make the PERFECT scapegoat should the FO last that long.

Are you using FO to mean front office?

If so, I doubt Ozzie Newsome gets fired anytime soon. The Ravens know what they're doing and the head coach and the owner are completely on board with the beginning of this rebuilding process (as their recent comments show).

It's not at all unusual for a Super Bowl winner to not even make the playoffs the following season. The Ravens won't say it publicly but they're in rebuilding mode.

Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GMs in the NFL. The Ravens will continue to win and it wouldn't surprise me if they were fighting for a playoff spot this year. Obviously, I disagree on Flacco. In about 5-7 years, maybe.

I just do not see it guys. I do not see the Ravens losing what they have, going all in on Flacco, and continuing to have success. I think the bumps in the road they face over the next few years will be enough to cause some shake ups. It's not Newsome, and it is not Harbaugh, or any specific person - it is the way it is. I do not see the Ravens having a legacy. I could be wrong, if I am so be it... but I just cannot see them doing it. They lost the starters and their backups.

As reported by ProFootballTalk, Brent Grimes to the Dolphins:

http://profootballta...-with-dolphins/

The Phins are putting together a nice squad on paper. And i like the HC. I hate to say it but give them a year or two and if the QB matures they may be on to something. The QB is the big question for them, like all teams. If you have that in place then the rest of your roster becomes a lot easier to address.