FREE AGENCY THREAD

updated chart:

4U8Dy9z.jpg

very telling. San Francisco and Baltimore just were Superbowl teams, so I can understand why they only signed 1 free agent. What is our excuse for complacency?

And Casell already signed with the Vikes? I am not a Casell fan, but we need to field a roster and are desperate for a QB or 2 or 3

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

updated chart:

4U8Dy9z.jpg

I was just about to ask you for an update on this. You must be psychic.

I'm actually really curious on what Cincy are doing. They have bucket loads of cap money & haven't signed any new FAs.

I was just about to ask you for an update on this. You must be psychic.

I'm actually really curious on what Cincy are doing. They have bucket loads of cap money & haven't signed any new FAs.

Cincy did the same thing last season, basically waited for the market to die down and then started shopping.

Thanks for updating. To me, Miami is just treading water. They've basically swaped players at a few positions. Is Keller and upgrade over Fasano? Maybe. If so, only slight. Reggie Bush was their only playmaker last year. He's out and they sign Walace. Ellerbe and wheeler in; Dansby out. Sean Smith and Jake Long out, no one replacing them. I'm sure they cut others too. I'm not sold that Miami will be drastically improved next season.

Thanks for updating. To me, Miami is just treading water. They've basically swaped players at a few positions. Is Keller and upgrade over Fasano? Maybe. If so, only slight. Reggie Bush was their only playmaker last year. He's out and they sign Walace. Ellerbe and wheeler in; Dansby out. Sean Smith and Jake Long out, no one replacing them. I'm sure they cut others too. I'm not sold that Miami will be drastically improved next season.

That's very true. If they lose Long, which isn't a given, I just don't see them much better. Losing Long, Smith and Bush will hurt bad. Ellerbe and Wheeler are both guys I like and wanted for the Bills, but they are a bigger risk than Dansby and Burnett. They got younger and perhaps more potential but not better automatically at LB. Jonathan Martin at LT? Wallace is good but Tannehill is going to need time to throw and without a run game and OL that could be very tough.

The signings look good on paper but the losses are more damaging.

If they keep Long they will have significantly improved.

4U8Dy9z.jpg

NFL Management Council figures show KC and Tenn had approximately the same cap room as the Bills. ( http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21814687/current-nfl-salary-cap-figures-are-anything-but-concrete) Those 2 teams have been active players while the Bills plod along. Tortoise vs Hare. If Nix and company don't sign more than 1 free agent, Bills fans will not be happy. There will be no hope going into the draft that this team will be a winner this year.

So Elvis Dumerville agreed to a salary reduction from 12m to 8m but the Broncos didn't get it into the league office in time. So he had to be released. I assume all this means is that in one day they will re-sign him to whatever they agreed on, but who knows. He's a vested vet and no one would take him for his salary anyway.

EDIT: And now they say that the dead money cap hit because of the release will make it hard for them to offer the same deal they just agreed on. Hmmmm...

Edited by Kelly the Dog

The players really took it on the chin in the last CBA (except for concessions in their work schedules) and I personally would like to see them get guaranteed money contracts sometime in the future.

Not unless we get guaranteed performance. Damn,we'd still be paying for Langston Walker.