we should go after Dumervil if price is right

Dude WAS making 12M. Was torn on taking a reduction to 8M. Then lost out on that. How much do you think he's going to play for? And, if he was going to play for, say $5M, why wouldn't he just stay in Denver?

If you think it through, there is NO freaking way he's a target in Buffalo.

Dude WAS making 12M. Was torn on taking a reduction to 8M. Then lost out on that. How much do you think he's going to play for? And, if he was going to play for, say $5M, why wouldn't he just stay in Denver?

If you think it through, there is NO freaking way he's a target in Buffalo.

If Denver gives him 5, they essentially hit a 9,8 million cap hit on him this year with 4,8 in dead money. Denver where willing to pay him 8 million, which means they`ll probably still take him at 3,2 million. But some team will offer alot more.

Does he have a track record of success at that position or would this be another Chris Kelsay experiment?

His 17 sack season was when he was playing a mix of 34 OLB and 43 DE. i didn't really think anything of the Bills signing him but he would actually be a perfect fit in our system. Some Steelers fan was saying that he is best in a 34 defense

he probably wouldn't want to come here, we already have too much money tied up at DE, putting another 8 million would be crazy. it would be better to use that 8 mill one DB or WR.... or better yet, even use some of it for Hasselbeck who would be an upgrade over what we had at QB last year and instantly make us better.... too many better things to use our resources on. I honestly would rather carry the money over than use it on Dumerville who probably wouldn't even entertain the idea of coming here, even if we were interested.

Three Rules Of NFL Free Agency:

1. Do not pay big $ to old players.

2. Do not pay big $ to high-motor, lunch-pailers,

3. Do not pay big $ to midgets.

Signing him would clearly violate Rule #3, so the answer is NO.

Yeah, good thing we got rid of midgets like London Fletcher and Antoine Winfield or we'd have sucked for the last 10 years.......

Yeah, good thing we got rid of midgets like London Fletcher and Antoine Winfield or we'd have sucked for the last 10 years.......

I was sad to see Fletcher go, but I would not have broken the bank for him + the Bills didn't need to either, just a messed up situation.

As for Lil Antoine, he showed absolutely NO signs of becoming the player he was with the Vikings during his time with the Bills, so I was not sad to see him go, especially considering (what appeared to be) the ridiculously over-priced contract he got.

I was sad to see Fletcher go, but I would not have broken the bank for him + the Bills didn't need to either, just a messed up situation.

As for Lil Antoine, he showed absolutely NO signs of becoming the player he was with the Vikings during his time with the Bills, so I was not sad to see him go, especially considering (what appeared to be) the ridiculously over-priced contract he got.

He looked like the same player in Buffalo that he was in Minnesota as far as I'm concerned.

As for Dumervil, I wouldn't suggest the Bills pursue him and he wouldn't want to come to Buffalo anyways but judging a player by their height is a bit simplistic.

For one thing he's a great player. For another thing although he's less than 6 feet tall, his wingspan is 6'6" inches due in part to his wide shoulders and in part to his 32 inch arm length.

I'm interested to find out, but I would expect to see Dareus get a look at DE along with M Williams in the 3-4, with Carrington and Johnson backing up. K Williams will be a half baked NT. I hear what you're saying- what do they do with K Williams if they draft a NT? I don't know what the answer is but the Bills defense with Dareus and Williams was very weak versus the run. They need a bigger body in the middle to shore things up.

One other long shot option would be to play M Williams as an OLB and Kyle Williams as DE in a Wade Phillips style "5-2". Then you could have a new NT and Dareus as the other DLs and Anderson as the other OLB. I'm not sure that it would work since you would have two guys (Williams and Dareus) that you probably wouldn't want to leave on an open edge and two former DEs playing in space if they dropped. I think that it may be something to look at though IF they can find a NT.

They do have a NT on the roster in Troupe. Just don't know if he is healthy enough.

:lol:

Negotiating with the lollipop guild is just not worth it.

Hilarious stuff guys.

Dumervil's the same age as Mario Williams, was drafted the same year, has the same number of sacks (63.5) and 3 more forced fumbles (16 to 13).

If we had drafted Dumervil in the 4th round instead of Ko Simpson, he would be a God in Bills Nation.

Thanks for the yuks though.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan