Incarcerated Bob to fabricate bills info

I can't remember the last time the buffalo news broke a big bills story

I am actually surprised at this, I was hoping TG would get on the boat to break some good info along the way but he hasn't yet. I think that speaks a lot for the organization we have - tight lipped.

Guilty as charged! Dam you guys are quick.

http://www.cliffdwellerslodge.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dam.jpg

:nana:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sick of people being touted for some breaking inside info. Throw it all at the wall... once in a while a monkey will hit the right spot with their crap.

link? source?

I'm sure he will toss out a couple reasonable predictions - stuff with a good shot based on common sense and maybe 1 is right.

Samples: Byrd discussing long term deal, levitre to be let go, fitz to be cut if he declines restructure type stuff.

Bobs less connected, and moreso tends to use basic fortune telling techniques of making good guess based on any bit of info he can glean

I can't remember the last time the buffalo news broke a big bills story

Newspapers are not set up to be the first with rumors & innuendo, which sometimes turn into the real thing. It's called a fact checking filter (or at least it used to be when they could still afford fact checkers)

Newspapers are not set up to be the first with rumors & innuendo, which sometimes turn into the real thing. It's called a fact checking filter (or at least it used to be when they could still afford fact checkers)

Umm have you ever read the ny post , or daily news ?

So you are saying news papers are not suppose to break stories

Umm have you ever read the ny post , or daily news ?

So you are saying news papers are not suppose to break stories

Those stories are different. There are the page 6's but the main stories are much different. They go through a vetting process, fact checking every little point. Once it is in print it cannot be taken back or withdrawn. Once it is published that is the end all be all. This is much different then being online, and a great case in point is Jerry Sullivan's famous article where he demanded the Bills give Fitz a contract extension. You cannot find that article anywhere online anymore. Yet, I am sure it is still in some library, bird cage, or other place for reference.

Comparing any newspaper to gossip rags is not accurate. If this was something more like Hillary Clinton getting a sex change then it'd be covered as soon as she went for a consult. If this was that the Falls were going to be turned off for a day in 2016 the Buffalo News would be all over it immediately... but this is football.

If they (the traditional press) have a legit source, even anonymous, they'll go with it. The source has to be solid and they would always prefer it to be on the record from someone of authority. Sometimes there's a reason for a legit source to provide it to a paper as an exclusive. For instance, an agent that wants to drive up the price for his client might leak an element of the negotiations. The connected guys (to their credit) are the ones that get the scoop. They are the ones making calls and dropping emails to sources. The Buff News, for instance, would be left out in favor of a national guy if it pertained to free agency. JW got the Leodis news, not Timmy. Also likely a result of relationships and dilligence. That said, they aren't, the traditional media guys, just going to throw S at the wall like IBN will do tonight. In the places where it still exists, it’s called journalistic integrity.

Those stories are different. There are the page 6's but the main stories are much different. They go through a vetting process, fact checking every little point. Once it is in print it cannot be taken back or withdrawn. Once it is published that is the end all be all. This is much different then being online, and a great case in point is Jerry Sullivan's famous article where he demanded the Bills give Fitz a contract extension. You cannot find that article anywhere online anymore. Yet, I am sure it is still in some library, bird cage, or other place for reference.

Comparing any newspaper to gossip rags is not accurate. If this was something more like Hillary Clinton getting a sex change then it'd be covered as soon as she went for a consult. If this was that the Falls were going to be turned off for a day in 2016 the Buffalo News would be all over it immediately... but this is football.

Close enough.

My sources have confirmed that Bills would like to bring back Leodis McKelvin.

My sources have also confirmed that the Bills will be drafting Geno Smith if he's available with the 8th overall pick.

My sources have also confirmed that Buddy Nix will be looking to upgrade the LB position this off season.

My sources are very credible.

It's probably to announce that Leodis is close to a new deal (which was already reported).

And we'll go after Bart Scott or Dannell Ellerbe once free agency starts (which we already assumed).

/breaking insider news

Edited by Bangarang

It's probably to announce that Leodis is close to a new deal (which was already reported).

And we'll go after Bart Scott or Dannell Ellerbe once free agency starts (which we already assumed).

/breaking insider news

Bart Scott? Seriously? Should not be put in the same sentence with Dannell Ellerbe, surely.

Scott is 32 and currently unemployed. Last year, he appeared to have seriously lost a step.

He's a stop gap at best.

Dannell Ellerbe is 27 and probably has a good 5-6 years of football career remaining.

Edited by Hopeful