Glimmer of hope for non-DirecTV NFL fans - Sunday ticket non-exclusive

GG

Cable sucks will never go back. Directv is freedom from comcast and there suckie service and never ending signal connection problems. Directv forever and i hope they keep sunday tickect exclusive to only directv customers. Cable is so 20th century, step into the real world.

Depends on the cable company, but sat TV is not the highest-tech provider. Fiber like FIOS is the future in my opinion. Far more bandwidth than sat will probably ever have, bi-directional communications possible for things like interactive TV, and you can bundle internet and phone with it like cable does today.

Unfortunately the rollout takes a long time due to logistical issues, but it is in progress.

At a mean average of $200 per subscription (some pay more, others pay less), they would need 2 million Sunday Ticket subscribers.

You sure about that math?

Well, it was $4B in 2009 to extend it to 2014. That's either 6 seasons - if it runs through the entire 2014 season. That's a devilish :devil: $666+M per year at $200 per pop that's more like 3.5 million subscribers per year - give or take a few as it regresses toward the meanies. :ph34r:

I am a Direct TV subscriber and the ONLY reason I am is for Sunday Ticket. DT might want to do some research with their customers to find out how many subscribe just for NFL Sunday Ticket. My guess is that it is a large number

Yes, but it's a somewhat scaled dow nversion of Sunday ticket. Can't record, split screen is limited, etc.

You do not need to have DTV in your home in order to watch Sunday Ticket.

It is 2013. Sign up for the sunday ticket online streaming option.connect HDMI cable to your laptop. Switch TV to HDMI port of your laptop.

Viola.

I am a Direct TV subscriber and the ONLY reason I am is for Sunday Ticket. DT might want to do some research with their customers to find out how many subscribe just for NFL Sunday Ticket. My guess is that it is a large number

They would be stupid not to do some research before deciding against exclusivity.

Red Zone channel on cable is amazing... totally changed the way I watch football.

Of course, it would be cool to watch one entire game as desired, but I sat there from 1-7pm the first time I had red zone channel and hardly moved.

lol

Red Zone Channel is addicting

I have DTV and have only had the sunday ticket 3 out of 13 years, DirecTV is far superior in quality, amount of real HD channels, and customer service, I wouldn't have comcast to save my life.

Agreed, I've had DTV since 1999 (Sunday Ticket the whole time too). I love their DVR, picture quality and the way they treat loyal customers. I would never leave for cable. DTV on the go is great now too, turns your Ipad into a TV.

I just cancelled DTV because I was paying so much per month around $230 per month for 4 TV's , HD, etc. with NO movie channels. I switched to U-verse and I get internet, phone and all movie channels for $205 per month. I'll get NFL game rewind and watch the games later that night and I get NFL redzone in that $205 as well.

I got DTV in 97 to get Empire Sports here in Indy and later Bills and Sabres games. I had cable and will never go back. Comcast took 30 days to respond to my next door neighbor's service problem and another 2 weeks before a repair man showed up to fix the connection on the pole. It just has to depend on the quailty of your cable co. DTV has a fan in me.

I just cancelled DTV because I was paying so much per month around $230 per month for 4 TV's , HD, etc. with NO movie channels. I switched to U-verse and I get internet, phone and all movie channels for $205 per month. I'll get NFL game rewind and watch the games later that night and I get NFL redzone in that $205 as well.

How in the world are you spending $230 per month on 4 TV's? I'm not the hugest DTV fan, but I have four TV's and the DVR and spend $106 per month. I think, that even is including my Center Ice subscription price of $15 in there as well.

Red Zone channel on cable is amazing... totally changed the way I watch football.

Of course, it would be cool to watch one entire game as desired, but I sat there from 1-7pm the first time I had red zone channel and hardly moved.

lol

Did you, you know, have fun?

They would be stupid not to do some research before deciding against exclusivity.

Probably both the NFL and DirecTV have done numerous studies.

How in the world are you spending $230 per month on 4 TV's? I'm not the hugest DTV fan, but I have four TV's and the DVR and spend $106 per month. I think, that even is including my Center Ice subscription price of $15 in there as well.

Good question. That's why I cancelled.

They are always willing to negotiate, at least I have found that. i always have discounts on my bill

Yes, they called Thursday night offering me the Genie DVR box and to look at reducing my bill but I told them to take a hike, they had their chance to give me the Genie box and reduce my bill on previous phone calls to customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. I don't like companies that run their business like that, why do I have to cancel the service before they get serious about giving me better service. I expect a good company to offer me their best deal on the first call to customer service. ATT does that for me. When ordering UVerse from ATT, the customer service person reduced my cell bill by $75 per month on the same visit. Now that's good customer service. I am saving $175 per month now as a result of that customer service visit.

You think you were paying $230 for just TV and four receivers? If you had the premier package plus four DVRs, with whole home DVR, you'd still only pay ~$173/month. You either signed up and had more than you thought, or you're misremembering how much your bill was. There's no way it was $230 without premium movie channels and/or premium sports (NHL, NFL, etc).

They don't have the power to block it.

You'd be surprised how much power the local affiliates have. They're the reason you can't watch a game on Sunday Ticket if it's being broadcast locally. :(

You'd be surprised how much power the local affiliates have. They're the reason you can't watch a game on Sunday Ticket if it's being broadcast locally. :(

I don't think I'd be surprised in knowing how the cable/media industry works. Who do you think owns the broadcast affiliates in major NFL markets?