Are we targeting any big free agents?

Anyone out there hear of any rumors lately of us targeting high profile or even mediocre free agents? I've heard of Ellerbe from the Ravens but that's it. It's pretty frustrating seeing all the potential moves from all these teams and the bills not even making a headline. Chiefs were the worst team in the NFL (record wise) and landed a solid QB, signed their best WR to a long term deal, no franchise tag. Dolphins need a receiver, targeting Wallace. I believe of building through the draft, but we have so many holes I'm not sure 6 players can fill. I know we will know more on March 12th and on, just curious if there are any rumors out there.

Go Bills!

I think we will let the market settle. There is not enough FA money out there for most teams to make many big signings so there will be some great value pickups to be had by the teams that are patient

What you hear right now amounts to absolutely nothing. Nobody can make any FA moves until March 12th, so there's really no point in speculating.

I can pretty well assure you that the front office has a plan, just as they did last year. I personally expect them to be proactive in going after either a WR or a LB...perhaps both. It would also not surprise me to see both a CB and a SS signed...again though, that's just conjecture.

I gotta say no. Nix has said we won't do anything on the first couple of days. We will get two mid Tier LB's and a mid tier WR then go draft. Hopefully this will be the year those mid tier guys can actually perform well as they will fit our systems.

So we can expect a lot of nickelback halftime performances?

I see what you did there :-)

yeah, how did that work out

We will see how it works out. One year is no sample. But Stevie did well, again, especially considering the QB

throwing him (or not throwing it well) the ball. Mario was better post surgery. Anderson was hurt most of the

year, so the jury is out.

Anyone out there hear of any rumors lately of us targeting high profile or even mediocre free agents? I've heard of Ellerbe from the Ravens but that's it. It's pretty frustrating seeing all the potential moves from all these teams and the bills not even making a headline. Chiefs were the worst team in the NFL (record wise) and landed a solid QB, signed their best WR to a long term deal, no franchise tag. Dolphins need a receiver, targeting Wallace. I believe of building through the draft, but we have so many holes I'm not sure 6 players can fill. I know we will know more on March 12th and on, just curious if there are any rumors out there.

Go Bills!

It's not about big names. It's about the right names and addressing the right issues. LB, WR, OG, CB are strong possibilties. For instance, Keenan Lewis from Pittsburgh isn't a "big" name, but would be a great signing. Brandon Moore, Brandon Gibson also would be good. The only big names I could see the Bills grabbing would be Ellerbe or Kruger. And I'd prefer Ellerbe to Kruger.

Edited by purple haze