Welker to test Free Agency (Update - now a Bronco)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Brady is glad he restructured his contract now ? :w00t:

He ended up getting a raise over the next two years and more guaranteed money on the back end so I don't think Brady is too beat up about it. Welker left the best situation for him productivity wise and went to one of the few were he will still likely catch a 100 plus receptions.

Vasquez and Welker the Broncos are really serious about winning this year.

Two year deal, I am surprised the Pats let him go.

I'm totally not. They have a history of being very good at releasing historically good (and very popular) players who are about to hit the downside of their careers.

Won't be saying that when welker shreds the patriots in the afc championship game.

this. It's exactly the reason he chose the Broncos. Another real shot at another SuperBowl all while sticking it to Lraft and the Pats for messing with him the past 2-3 years.

Pats wont skip a beat....

believe it or not, sometimes teams with 36 year old qbs that have no running backs, no wideouts to throw to, and no defense to speak of, have trouble winning games, much less championships (especially teams that have never won championships without cheating.)

this season for the pats is shaping up to look like the 1997 bills season.

the end is near for them, sadly. wish we could have been good enough during their run to stick it to them more than just the 1 time where we caught a million lucky breaks and got over on them 2 years ago.

Nice to see such a talented skill player leave the division. Bush to the Lions doesn't hurt either.

The Pats will get Amendola or Tavon Austin and inflict the same amount of pain they always do. It's all about Brady. That's why we need Bernard Pollard.

Amendola isn't half the player Welker is. Or maybe he is, because he'll play about half as many games (if that much).