Welker to test Free Agency (Update - now a Bronco)

Yeah, I was trying to also include drafts, because their drafts aren't much better than ours really. Their team is great because of Brady, Bellicheat, Wilfork, Mayo, their two TEs, and formally Welker. The rest of the team is pretty weak overall. They just lost welker and Chung... pats took two big steps backwards. and at worst, we took a step backwords losing levitre. but really, tavaris jackson is probably just as good if not better than fitz, lawson is better than what we had last year...... I don't think our season is doomed yet. And I am not ready to crown marrone as a good HC just yet, but I am pretty confident Pettine can make this a top 15 defense this year. Even without levtire, I don't think this team is any worse than last year. And from a big picture point of view, we are probably more improved than any other team in the afc east just on the coaching change alone.

Gotcha. I hope the Bills have indentified a good QB in this draft, take him, and he succeeds.

The success rate I mention deals with Belichick's penchant for accurately deciding when it's time to let older players go .... not about his success in getting new FA's.

For the most part, that's been true. But again, Welker showed no signs of slowing down last year, while some would suggest the Pats didn't fully utilize him to "teach him a lesson," which led to him leaving (helped by reports that he turned-down $5M/year from the Pats). And he'll be catching passes from Manning and should be able to duplicate his seasons in NE. And again, it's just for 2 seasons.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha. I hope the Bills have indentified a good QB in this draft, take him, and he succeeds.

For the most part, that's been true. But again, Welker showed no signs of slowing down last year, while some would suggest the Pats didn't fully utilize him to "teach him a lesson," which led to him leaving (helped by reports that he turned-down $5M/year from the Pats). And he'll be catching passes from Manning and should be able to duplicate his seasons in NE. And again, it's just for 2 seasons.

I too believe Welker will play well in Denver but, Belichick gets the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I too believe Welker will play well in Denver but, Belichick gets the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Not this case, because of the situation. But hear me now, believe me later.

Edited by Doc

Not this case, because of the situation. But hear me now, believe me later.

All I know is that a year ago this time Belichick tagged Welker and paid him close to $10M yet today he woouldn't pay Welker $6M. Something happened such that Belichick's opinion of Welker's worth changed during the last 12 months. Whether that change was due to something other than skillset who knows but, Belichick gets the benefit of the doubt from me on this one.

All I know is that a year ago this time Belichick tagged Welker and paid him close to $10M yet today he woouldn't pay Welker $6M. Something happened such that Belichick's opinion of Welker's worth changed during the last 12 months. Whether that change was due to something other than skillset who knows but, Belichick gets the benefit of the doubt from me on this one.

What could have changed? Nothing physical since the Broncos gave him one and signed him. Mental? No way to tell that.