Welker to test Free Agency (Update - now a Bronco)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's definitely a good player but let's be honest. Guys like him would have been murdered in the old NFL. You basically aren't allowed to tackle anymore, so little midgets can cross the field without fear. Definitely respect the guy though and he's a giant pain in the butt.

Could you imagine him on Denver? They would be unstoppable (until Peyton chokes in the playoff again).

He's definitely a good player but let's be honest. Guys like him would have been murdered in the old NFL. You basically aren't allowed to tackle anymore, so little midgets can cross the field without fear. Definitely respect the guy though and he's a giant pain in the butt.

Could you imagine him on Denver? They would be unstoppable (until Peyton chokes in the playoff again).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LargSt00.htm

Largent was a little before my time but I hope you're not comparing him to Welker. They only thing they have in common is their skin color. Welker averages 11 ypc. LArgent averaged 18. I highly doubt Welker has the career if he has to worry about Ronnie Lott across the middle. The fear is gone because of the rules.

And I think Tom Brady is a little better than Jim Zorn. Just a tad.

I've been saying for awhile that he'll be gone. I could see the 49'ers making a play for him if the Revis trade falls through.

And word is that the Pats might also cut Brandon Lloyd, who was a disappointment for them last year, and who is scheduled to receive a $3M option bonus on 3/16.

I'm not joining the "let's sign him" bandwagon. He's a product of being in a good system, IMO.

Agree on both points.

Welker fit the Pats system. Add to the fact that he's approaching the downside of his career (he's 31) I'd be surprised if he can find the same success on another team.

The Patriots have been phasing Welker out too, they rely on their TE's more.

Largent was a little before my time but I hope you're not comparing him to Welker. They only thing they have in common is their skin color. Welker averages 11 ypc. LArgent averaged 18. I highly doubt Welker has the career if he has to worry about Ronnie Lott across the middle. The fear is gone because of the rules.

Skin color, hight, and weight.

Wes Welker returns punts, I don't think fear is in his game.

My point is without Steve Atwater and Ronnie Lott Wes Welker will play well beyond 32.

What rules prevent tackling? And didn't Welker trash his leg getting tackled?

What rules prevent tackling? And didn't Welker trash his leg getting tackled?

Only because he ran into the Patriot murder machine,Mr. Bernard Pollard. Actually IIRC Welker tore up his knee trying to get down before he got hit,he was trying to get down before Pollard killed him.