Unexpected Free Agent Signing Predictions

cosmo

I know the Bills won't be trying to do anything huge in free agency this off-season but looking at how they shocked everyone and got Mario last year and at least tried to get Robert Meachum, if we do unexpectedly go after some high profile players who do you guys think it will be?

Personally I'm thinking Martellus Bennett, Greg Jennings (fingers crossed), and maybe Rey Maualuga.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love Bennett, it looks like Jennings might get the franchise tag from GB, and Ray Maualuga is OLB who is not very good in coverage. I personally don't think Buffalo will go after any "high profile" free agents. I could see Buffalo going after a WR like Hartline, a LB like Connor Barwin or Daryl Smith, and an OT like Sam Baker.

I don't think they'll break the bank for anyone - but they'll definitely be getting a WR, and a LB in FA. Probably a CB, too. In fact, if the Bills do lay down a big FA contract, I'd expect it to be on a CB. I also think there's good value at the TE position for Buffalo in FA. You have to figure they like Chandler and would be content to get a pass catching TE like Cook, maybe, for a very reasonable salary. Or, better still, Walker from San Fran, or Findley from Green Bay, if they release him.

At WR I'd like them to get a guy like Jerome Simpson, Louis Murphy, or Henderson - considering I expect them to get their ''tall, open when he's not'' WR in the draft - so, they should get a 3rd WR that will offer some upside.

I could see them going after an Ellerbe, Jones, or Scott for ILB help.

Some of FA will depend on whether the Bills are determined to draft, and hopefully start, a rookie QB. If they are, they'll want to be sure they have veteran talent at WR and TE to help him, and in that case I could definitely see them bringing in a 3rd WR and a TE via FA.

Frankly, with all the talk Russ Brandon has been doing, it seems very clear the Bills are planning on adding GOOD - i.e., starting quality - FA's. Because the draft is so loaded on defense I think we'll draft for most of our defense's needs (except a CB). There looks to be a bunch of intruiging safeties to couple with Byrd (I really like that Syracuse Safety - I hope the Bills grab him. He reminds me of an Ed Reed type).

I just read somewhere Greg Jennings wants $12 million per season

Yikes! I didn't realize Jennings wanted that much.

At WR I'd like them to get a guy like Jerome Simpson, Louis Murphy, or Henderson - considering I expect them to get their ''tall, open when he's not'' WR in the draft - so, they should get a 3rd WR that will offer some upside.

Yeah I bet they go after a lower tier WR like Henderson or Murphy, I'd also like Brandon Gibson or Steve Breaston.

Yikes! I didn't realize Jennings wanted that much.

Yeah I bet they go after a lower tier WR like Henderson or Murphy, I'd also like Brandon Gibson or Steve Breaston.

Odds are Jennings might be a Dullphin with his former Pack coaches Philbin & Sherman...The Phins also have the cap room/financial ammo to make the strongest bid for the veteran

I wouldn't mind snagging Hartline from the Phins...good possession guy

Odds are Jennings might be a Dullphin with his former Pack coaches Philbin & Sherman...The Phins also have the cap room/financial ammo to make the strongest bid for the veteran

I wouldn't mind snagging Hartline from the Phins...good possession guy

According to this article, Jennings to the Phins is unlikely.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000144998/article/greg-jennings-joe-philbin-reunion-reportedly-unlikely

I would like to see Ellerbe, & the Jets TE UM ------ ya that guy good ole whats his name !!

Dustin Keller is who you’re thinking of.

I’d like Martellus Bennett from the Giants. We need a TE even if Chandler can make it back for camp. I also wouldn’t mind seeing us bring in a guy like Ramses Barden from the Giants. He’s 6-6, 224 and runs in the 4.5-4.6 range. The Giants had some hopes he’d breakout but it never happened. Partially due to injury and I’d have to think partially due to Cruz’s breakout. He essentially lost 2 years with a broken ankle that had some ligament damage. He probably wouldn’t cost a lot of money, he’s got some size and has been in the league for 4 years so he’s still young but not green.

Perhaps Lewis--CB from Pittsburgh; Landry-Safety, Jets; and an older LB like Urlacker, Foote, or someone that can play for 1-2 more years while we draft a LB this year and next, and one of the many FA TE's (Cook, Keller)

According to this article, Jennings to the Phins is unlikely.

http://www.nfl.com/n...rtedly-unlikely

Dustin Keller is who you’re thinking of.

I’d like Martellus Bennett from the Giants. We need a TE even if Chandler can make it back for camp. I also wouldn’t mind seeing us bring in a guy like Ramses Barden from the Giants. He’s 6-6, 224 and runs in the 4.5-4.6 range. The Giants had some hopes he’d breakout but it never happened. Partially due to injury and I’d have to think partially due to Cruz’s breakout. He essentially lost 2 years with a broken ankle that had some ligament damage. He probably wouldn’t cost a lot of money, he’s got some size and has been in the league for 4 years so he’s still young but not green.

Barden could be a good pickup. I think he played well in a few games, then Cruz had his breakout.

Since this is supposed to be a unexpected post, here is something I do not expect (but would welcome): Mike Wallace--Steelers WR.

I don't have the link, but word is the Fins have a chub for him.

As for the bills, i think the biggest surprise will that instead of 2-3 signees, we'll see 5-6 mid level signings.

Um I would say some tier II LB, CB and WR or two. Nix has all but said we are going to not participate day one or two so I can't see any top talent coming here. New Coaching staff but no matter how Russ spins it, its the same old philosophy at OBD.