Matt Scott - QB - Arizona

Wilson's big problem was his height. Scott's big problem is his one year to judge him on. However with Kaepernick and Wilson's unreal fast success and with Scott's striking similarities to these two guys…Matt Scott is the best QB prospect in this class.

Still complete and utter garbage. If Scott's only problem was his one year to judge him on, he would be a top five pick. But he's likely going in the third round. You said he's every bit as good a prospect as Russell Wilson. Not even in the same universe.

And there is not striking similarities between Scott and Wilson, there are more striking differences.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still complete and utter garbage. If Scott's only problem was his one year to judge him on, he would be a top five pick. But he's likely going in the third round. You said he's every bit as good a prospect as Russell Wilson. Not even in the same universe.

And there is not striking similarities between Scott and Wilson, there are more striking differences.

That's the same round Wilson went in. Don't be surprised if he goes in the second round though like Kaepernick did.

BTW, did you read the article? Matt Scott sounds like this years diamond in the rough steal of a QB. You need to look past the echo chamber and check out what Scott has that all of these other QBs in this class don't (read the article). The reason I like him better than Smith and Manuel is that he is tough and a true gamer. Two things that I think are suspect in both Smith and Manuel. As for all the others, I don't think they're starting material in the NFL let alone franchise QB material.

That's the same round Wilson went in. Don't be surprised if he goes in the second round though like Kaepernick did.

BTW, did you read the article? Matt Scott sounds like this years diamond in the rough steal of a QB. You need to look past the echo chamber and check out what Scott has that all of these other QBs in this class don't (read the article). The reason I like him better than Smith and Manuel is that he is tough and a true gamer. Two things that I think are suspect in both Smith and Manuel. As for all the others, I don't think they're starting material in the NFL let alone franchise QB material.

ASU is my favorite team and I live in LA. I know who Scott is and I have seen him play. I went off a little because it drives me crazy when people talk about Russell Wilson, and just say he was drafted in the third, this guy could be this year's Russell Wilson. There was never a guy like Russell Wilson. He's better than Matt Scott in EVERYTHING. He's one of the best prospects ever.

Matt Scott has potential. He's got all of the tools. Athletic, quick, big arm. I say we take him round 3 and let him chill behind Mr. Kolb for a year. Or until Kolb gets hurt. He's going to be good. And he'd be really good in this new fangled no-huddle, hurry up attack we're probably running. Screw the early round Q's and lets get a steal for once.

ASU is my favorite team and I live in LA. I know who Scott is and I have seen him play. I went off a little because it drives me crazy when people talk about Russell Wilson, and just say he was drafted in the third, this guy could be this year's Russell Wilson. There was never a guy like Russell Wilson. He's better than Matt Scott in EVERYTHING. He's one of the best prospects ever.

Like Charles Davis said the other day on NFL Network...Russell Wilson was a 1st Round QB in every evaluation possible based on his abilities...He slid to the 3rd Round for one reason, and one reason only...His height...Period...If he was 6-2 or better Wilson may not have lasted till Miami at #8 overall...But he would have gone no lower, that's for sure... B-)

Russell Wilson had four years of college starts. He was obviously polished.

Imagine if Matt Scott had four years of college starts. He had 27 TDs this year. imagine what year three of starting would have been like.

As for Wilson, it still remains to be seen this year whether his height will be an issue or not. DCs are doing their homework on him this off season. If he can be successful this year he will be officially one of the top QBs. But we've seen players that don't have answers to the DCs answers after their first year of success.

I'm shocked that you're not a bigger fan of Matt Scott's. When I saw his Stanford and USC video's I couldn't believe the difference in the combination of arm, athleticism and competitor than to ALL the other QBs being discussed here the first couple of months.

You know, I thought there would be no chance in hell of us taking him. He clearly doesn't seem ready to start, even if he has the physical tools, and the Bills were definitely in the market for a starting QB.

Now though...Kolb is a starter, even if he isn't a top tier one, and if the contract is structured like we suspect, we won't be behooven to him is something better comes along. I can see Matt Scott being brought on, and given a year or two to get his head about him before getting a shot.

You know, I thought there would be no chance in hell of us taking him. He clearly doesn't seem ready to start, even if he has the physical tools, and the Bills were definitely in the market for a starting QB.

Now though...Kolb is a starter, even if he isn't a top tier one, and if the contract is structured like we suspect, we won't be behooven to him is something better comes along. I can see Matt Scott being brought on, and given a year or two to get his head about him before getting a shot.

Scott does indeed need a year of polishing up and it's clear now that there's no way they were ever thinking of drafting Matt "most ready to start" Barkley.

This move screams the Bills are not taking a QB at #8. They're either taking BPA…a Jordan, Ansah or Jones type pick, or they will trade out of #8 for an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

Scott does indeed need a year of polishing up and it's clear now that there's no way they were ever thinking of drafting Matt "most ready to start" Barkley.

This move screams the Bills are not taking a QB at #8. They're either taking BPA…a Jordan, Ansah or Jones type pick, or they will trade out of #8 for an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

You don't trade out of number 8 for an extra third.

That's not at all "clear." Buffalo could be concerned Barkley will go top-7.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

Russell Wilson had four years of college starts. He was obviously polished.

Imagine if Matt Scott had four years of college starts. He had 27 TDs this year. imagine what year three of starting would have been like.

As for Wilson, it still remains to be seen this year whether his height will be an issue or not. DCs are doing their homework on him this off season. If he can be successful this year he will be officially one of the top QBs. But we've seen players that don't have answers to the DCs answers after their first year of success.

I'm shocked that you're not a bigger fan of Matt Scott's. When I saw his Stanford and USC video's I couldn't believe the difference in the combination of arm, athleticism and competitor than to ALL the other QBs being discussed here the first couple of months.

I'm not totally against him in the third round. I think he had some tools. You were just talking nonsense about he was as good a prospect as Wilson that I had to step in on. Scott would be a massive risk to become a franchise QB though. It's possible but high, highly unlikely. He has a decent chance to be a decent back-up. To me, he is a Matt Moore level talent. Not the same kind of player, just the same kind of talent.

Or maybe that's exactly what the Bills want everyone to think...

I think if it screams anything at all it's that the Bills feel if Geno is gone by #8 the rest of the QB's are more developmental prospects...And that the Bills prefer to have some insurance in case they trade out of #8 and get bit by it, or if they stay at #8 and take a QB who is definitely more of a project-type like EJ Manuel...That's all...But we'll see... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I'm not totally against him in the third round. I think he had some tools. You were just talking nonsense about he was as good a prospect as Wilson that I had to step in on. Scott would be a massive risk to become a franchise QB though. It's possible but high, highly unlikely. He has a decent chance to be a decent back-up. To me, he is a Matt Moore level talent. Not the same kind of player, just the same kind of talent.

Projection wise he's as good of a prospect IMO. He's not as polished, but there's no reason why Scott wouldn't have thrown for 35+ TDs and vaulted to the top of the 2014 draft if given another year of starting in college. To me, he's been the most under rated prospect in this draft in terms of draft experts, media and fans. We'll see how the NFL sees him by which round they draft him in.

Beyond the physical attributes, this guy seems like a guy who truly hates losing to me. He seems to possess that gene that all the great QBs have. I think he makes a great franchise QB prospect. We shall see.

Matt Scott has potential. He's got all of the tools. Athletic, quick, big arm. I say we take him round 3 and let him chill behind Mr. Kolb for a year. Or until Kolb gets hurt. He's going to be good. And he'd be really good in this new fangled no-huddle, hurry up attack we're probably running. Screw the early round Q's and lets get a steal for once.

I know signing Kolb changes things a little bit....but it just that "waiting for a qb" mentality that has us in the situation we are in right now.......

If we like Matt Scott.....lets find a way to get him before someone else scoops him up in the later rounds