Anybody doing a Bills trip this season?

BillsPride12

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my math is correct, I have been to games 16 of the current NFL cities (including Buffalo) to see the Bills...New Orleans is probably my favorite...honestly, the stadium is nothing special (will confess I have not been there for a game post-Katrina, so it is likely nicer now), but the city is awesome....while I never got the sense of a great tailgating scene, hey, its' New Orleans...tailgate 24/7.

I will take No Saints word for it, I just didn't no where to go, I suppose...but it didn't curb my fun one iota, any of the times I was there for a game. One year, my brother was in town (Austin)...it just so happened the Bills were on a bye week...on a whim, we drove to New Orleans (about an 8 or 9 hour drive), and scalped some tickets for a Chiefs/Saints game (I think it was 2004- Haslett was the Saints HC, Aaron Brooks QB, Joe Horn had a monster game...Saints won late after a mini-comeback!) Had a great time....

I was also there for the Christmas weekend game between the Bills & Saints, final week of the 1998 season, and a Bills classic in 1992.

Had a ridiculously good time at all three games. Of course, I am not sure if I can (or want) to drink that much again....but I have nothing but fond memories....have been a couple of times for Jazzfest as well...tried like hell to get a transfer there through my old job...got me wanting to head back for a Bills game...if the schedule plays out right I just may do it...Tampa Bay is another possibility...great stadium but boring city...but I do know folks there!

Edited by Buftex

There is. They will almost certainly have some stuff planned. There home bar is right by the dome.

I'd direct Aussie my way if serious.

I stand corrected. Believe me there will be a lot of out-of-town fans coming to this game.

During our tailgate at the San Francisco game this past season, there were a lot of fans talking about going to New Orleans next year.

I wish I could go, but I doubt it will happen. My dream scenario would be to go to Baton Rouge on Saturday and go to a Louisiana State game, then head back to New Orleans for the Saints-Bills game. That would be the best, but probably difficult to accomplish.

If my math is correct, I have been to games 16 of the current NFL cities (including Buffalo) to see the Bills...New Orleans is probably my favorite...honestly, the stadium is nothing special (will confess I have not been there for a game post-Katrina, so it is likely nicer now), but the city is awesome....while I never got the sense of a great tailgating scene, hey, its' New Orleans...tailgate 24/7.

I will take No Saints word for it, I just didn't no where to go, I suppose...but it didn't curb my fun one iota, any of the times I was there for a game. One year, my brother was in town (Austin)...it just so happened the Bills were on a bye week...on a whim, we drove to New Orleans (about an 8 or 9 hour drive), and scalped some tickets for a Chiefs/Saints game (I think it was 2004- Haslett was the Saints HC, Aaron Brooks QB, Joe Horn had a monster game...Saints won late after a mini-comeback!) Had a great time....

I was also there for the Christmas weekend game between the Bills & Saints, final week of the 1998 season, and a Bills classic in 1992.

Had a ridiculously good time at all three games. Of course, I am not sure if I can (or want) to drink that much again....but I have nothing but fond memories....have been a couple of times for Jazzfest as well...tried like hell to get a transfer there through my old job...got me wanting to head back for a Bills game...if the schedule plays out right I just may do it...Tampa Bay is another possibility...great stadium but boring city...but I do know folks there!

Really? I was always under the impression tampa was a good party city too. That was our other choice we were debating on but we decided New Orleans would probably be the best option

Will hit the Saints game unless it's first week of the season (family wedding), X-Mas or Thanksgiving weekends. My best friend from college is from Baton Rouge so have been down there a few times to NO with him, including a Falcons-Saints game in the mid-90's (that was preceded by HS football on Friday night and checking out LSU beating a 5th ranked Auburn team (remember, this was pre-Saban resurgence)) and for the SU-Auburn Sugar Bowl way back. Had tickets to the Bills-Saints game in 2005, but obviously didn't go. Going to see if we can get our fathers to go to make a 4-some of it. Hopefully LSU will be in BR that weekend. Nothing like a non-stop football weekend--last year caught the Stanford-AZ game before seeing the 9ers stomp us and last year caught the Navy-SMU game before the 'Pukes stomped us. Now that I think about it, the Bills just might pay me to stay home this year....

My group is doing New Orleans as long as it doesn't fall right before Xmas. If for some reason that doesn't work out, probably back to Miami for 3rd go around (0-2 so far and got kicked out last time!). Also looking to do Jax for the 2nd time. Have to go down there for work at some point hoping I can parlay it into golf & Bills game.

I stand corrected. Believe me there will be a lot of out-of-town fans coming to this game.

During our tailgate at the San Francisco game this past season, there were a lot of fans talking about going to New Orleans next year.

I wish I could go, but I doubt it will happen. My dream scenario would be to go to Baton Rouge on Saturday and go to a Louisiana State game, then head back to New Orleans for the Saints-Bills game. That would be the best, but probably difficult to accomplish.

That's doable--the cities aren't that far apart, and makes for an epic football weekend!

I've always wanted to spend a getaway weekend in New Orleans.

Food and hedonism.

I might try making this one depending on when the game is.

i was just about to add to this thread that I might be planning my stag party in and around a away Bills game city. You might wanna plan on an away game for sure this year.

Really? I was always under the impression tampa was a good party city too. That was our other choice we were debating on but we decided New Orleans would probably be the best option

Sorry...Tampa is fine. The gameday experience is fun...and the stadium is top notch. I just meant, Tampa, in general is not a very exciting city...particularly in comparison to New Orleans. When I go on a road trip, I am normally there for at least 3-5 days, so for my tastes, Tampa is nice (and I have friends there) but it just doesn't have the vibe of New Orleans. I didn't mean to slight it...

always do at least one road game a season...last year we drove to Cleveland and Indy...not sure what game we will go to this year, but there WILL be a game..

I reccommend New Orleans, especially if you have never been....make sure you make a long weekend out of it and eat lots of seafood

If doing New Orleans, hook up with their facebook group - its small, but they are enthusiastic and will definitely help out with questions and planning. like i said, i think they will be planning some stuff for the weekend too so itll be a good source of info.

http://www.facebook....36106273155570/

and be sure to look up my thread in the Off the Wall section about going to New Orleans, lots of GREAT suggestions in there of things to do, especially contributed by NoSaint (thanks again brother, we had a great trip!!)

and be sure to look up my thread in the Off the Wall section about going to New Orleans, lots of GREAT suggestions in there of things to do, especially contributed by NoSaint (thanks again brother, we had a great trip!!)

glad you enjoyed!

im really looking forward to seeing where the game lands on the schedule. hopefully a lot of you that are interested make it down.

Edited by NoSaint

Me and my buddies are thinking about going to the game in New Orleans?

I planned on going to New Orleans once, bought airplane ticket from USAir and then Hurricane hit.

All the other airlines gave choice of credit or refund, USAir only gave credit and you needed to fly within one year of ticket purchase; since I purchased it as soon as schedule was released I only had 5 months to use by the time they got around determining what their refund policy was and could not use since I could not schedule time off work. Will never use again/

I planned on going to New Orleans once, bought airplane ticket from USAir and then Hurricane hit.

All the other airlines gave choice of credit or refund, USAir only gave credit and you needed to fly within one year of ticket purchase; since I purchased it as soon as schedule was released I only had 5 months to use by the time they got around determining what their refund policy was and could not use since I could not schedule time off work. Will never use again/

Yep I swapped flights to go to San Antonio.

My wife and couples friend of ours are going to be in NOLA for the Storming of the Sazarac in September, I was hoping to catch a Saints game with my buddy, even better if it were a Bills/ Saints Game. We will probably be back down for Halloween, so maybe if the game is close we'll go. God, I love that city.

• 1 month later...