Pats* sign Brady to 3 year extension thru 2017

FluffHead

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

Amazingly, according to the source, the deal is for an eye-poppingly conservative $27 million, which is less than half his worth by any measure.

Which means one of two things:

1. Must be nice not being the chief bread-winner when you're one of the top 3 QB's of the past decade. (most likely why he's willing to accept less)
  2. He knows he'll be exposed as a fraud/cheater/product of the system if/when he goes and fails elsewhere. (what I'm going with)

From the article:

Amazingly, according to the source, the deal is for an eye-poppingly conservative $27 million, which is less than half his worth by any measure.

1. Must be nice not being the chief bread-winner when you're one of the top 3 QB's of the past decade. (most likely why he's willing to accept less)

2. He knows he'll be exposed as a fraud/cheater/product of the system if/when he goes and fails elsewhere. (what I'm going with)

#2 all the way

Inexplicably low $ for the often-perceived "best of all-time".

Read Spygate....whole chapter on Brady's low $

From the article:

Most likely, though, not either of 1 or 2.

Probably (as stated in the article) wants to keep his team competitive and makes mad cash with endorsements.

What agent would let someone with his profile (once in a blue moon client) go for less money to be a team player and rely on endorsements???? He has not made elite QB money at all in his career.....that is not because he's a team guy, it's because he's a system guy. Once they proved the system with Cassell, Brady had no leg to stand on if he were to ever try and hold the Pats up for more $$$.

From the article:

3. He is being paid an additional $10mil a year from an "unrelated" company in the guise of a sponsorship deal. (The Patriots would never cheat like that though.....would they?)

3. He is being paid an additional $10mil a year from an "unrelated" company in the guise of a sponsorship deal. (The Patriots would never cheat like that though.....would they?)

Not that I think this is the case.....but....does anybody know what sort of measures the League has in place to detect and enforce against this sort of salary cap cheating?

The Australian Football League has very strong measures in place to detect this sort of thing.....as 10-15(?) years ago it was quite rampant in the League.

Teams are still regularly getting caught cheating on the cap.....even with the constant scrutiny.

I just find it amazing after watching Brady pound the Bills for years some posters still cling to the fantasy he's a fraud.

So he took less then he could have gotten elsewhere. I don't suppose that he has made a ton of money already, his wife makes something like 100 mill a year and he just wishes to stay in NE could POSSABLY be the reason?

Not that I think this is the case.....but....does anybody know what sort of measures the League has in place to detect and enforce against this sort of salary cap cheating?

The Australian Football League has very strong measures in place to detect this sort of thing.....as 10-15(?) years ago it was quite rampant in the League.

Teams are still regularly getting caught cheating on the cap.....even with the constant scrutiny.

I can't imagine the NFLPA is too happy about this. The deal does nothing but devalue the franchise tag for QBs.