Can't believe there are still fans out there

nodnarb

I can't believe that people think all 11 people on the field have as much impact on a teams chances vs. the 1 person who handles the ball on every snap. Damn that Trey Teague for holding the ball too long!! Damn Lee Evans for not seeing a rusher coming at him on his non-blind side!!! Damn Willis McGahee for throwing passes too low or behind the receivers!!!

196991[/snapback]

I don't think folks and I know I am not saying that all 11 players have the same impact. However, almost as outlandish and equally untrue as this false statement would be to make the claim that 1 player has all (or even a majority) of the impact on the Os performance. Clearly the QB position has the most impact because from start to almost finish he is the main provider of the particular play.

However, in my mind, winning football comes from a QB who does the best job at translating and giving out the play effectively to the entire O from the OC and then acts well as a conduit for others to do their job, rather than being an athlete who can haul the team on his shoulders and carry them himself.

It would be great to have $20 million and the cap room to pay someone to both, but given the limitations of the real world I would much rather go for getting a QB who is a good conduit (Brady during his short career) than get a QB who is the best athlete in the world (Micheal Vick in his short career).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've seen Bledsoe's ceiling. This season was as good as he gets. And that's not good enough. He actually had a "career season" this year, folks. His rating was right on his career average. His completion percentage was too. His TD-INT numbers were within 5 of each other again.

If Bledsoe wasn't such a good guy, he'd be widely considered to be the most overrated quarterback of all time.

The most important aspect of drew's game is that he's completely unable to hoist the team on his shoulders and win a big game against a tough defense. When was the last time Drew beat a top 5 defense in a big game, and played a key factor in that win? It was several years ago, in New England.

Drew has not only hit the wall, he has backed up and run into it at least 3 more times since first impact. There is no way in hell that, with the investment we have in Losman, this team SHOULD put Drew in control again. If he wants a paycut to hold the clipboard and help Losman develop, fine. Otherwise, I'd rather he be traded...even if its for a lowly 4th round pick.

Drew's value has dried up on Buffalo's watch. Belichick saw it coming, and he was right again. There's no way in HELL that drew is worth the 5 million he's slated to get next season. That number will make it unlikely that we could ship him off to the Parcells for a mid round pick. He'd have to restructure AGAIN, or be cut.

There are fans out there who seem blind to the truth. They'll point to 9 wins and say hey, that's a big improvement.

No, it's not. We played 2 games against defeated, humiliated teams with no playoff shot and NO HEAD COACH. We beat one of them (the Browns) DESPITE Drew's performance. GO back and look at his numbers. He played like crap and we still won thanks to our D. Drew does not have the ability to pull this team up, to elevate them by his play. If he was able to, he would have. Instead, our D and ST pulled our team up.

It's time for JP, even if he's not ready. It'll do more for the team's confidence than any other move, and that's evident after hearing Moulds' comments.

The Bledsoe era in Buffalo is over. It has to be. If it's not, then I've overrated One Bills Drive and our coaches. But I don't believe that. I believe they realize the situation we're in, and I believe we'll be saying goodbye to Drew at some point in the offseason. This will free up all his $, and with Moulds' restructuring, we'll be able to afford a backup QB who fits this offense better.

196921[/snapback]

Great post, bro.....I agree with everything you said. JP is the man. It's time.........

I must have missed something on the board this week.

196973[/snapback]

What I see happening more and more on TSW is thread killing via hijacking a post. If someone does not like a topic for WHATEVER reason, they try to kill it by posting repeated inane replies. In some cases they seem to stalk certain posters, just to toss their cookies on a thread.

Suggestion: if you start to read a thread and it is NOT of interest to you, go read something else. Is that so hard? :P

He lost me at the Steeler game. He can't make those mistakes at home, against scrubs, with the playoffs on the line. That is the worst loss I've seen in a long long time. We drafted the kid for a reason and fortunately we have a running game that will carry this team irregardless of who's at the controls. I really hope that JP can wrestle it away from Bledsoe.

He lost me at the Steeler game. He can't make those mistakes at home, against scrubs, with the playoffs on the line. That is the worst loss I've seen in a long long time. We drafted the kid for a reason and fortunately we have a running game that will carry this team irregardless of who's at the controls. I really hope that JP can wrestle it away from Bledsoe.

197235[/snapback]

You know, the more I think about it, the only real thing Drew has over JP at this point is experience. While that can go a long way, I think it's less important in todays NFL. I also think that all the aspects JP brings that Drew can only dream of possessing not only offset the game experience thing, but JP still has the advantage.

speaking of 11, I wonder who will have that jersey next season.

196986[/snapback]

The Bills should perform an exorcism on that jersey then burn it to keep the demons away, and strike all occurrences of it from team history. No one should EVER wear that number for the Bills again...

The Bills should perform an exorcism on that jersey then burn it to keep the demons away, and strike all occurrences of it from team history. No one should EVER wear that number for the Bills again...

197287[/snapback]

#11 in Bills History - Ritchie Lucas, Spike Jones, Fred Basana, Dan Manucci, Joe Dufek, Scott Norwood, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe

Agreed. Who's got the gasoline can ?

We've seen Bledsoe's ceiling. This season was as good as he gets. And that's not good enough. He actually had a "career season" this year, folks. His rating was right on his career average. His completion percentage was too. His TD-INT numbers were within 5 of each other again.

If Bledsoe wasn't such a good guy, he'd be widely considered to be the most overrated quarterback of all time.

The most important aspect of drew's game is that he's completely unable to hoist the team on his shoulders and win a big game against a tough defense. When was the last time Drew beat a top 5 defense in a big game, and played a key factor in that win? It was several years ago, in New England.

Drew has not only hit the wall, he has backed up and run into it at least 3 more times since first impact. There is no way in hell that, with the investment we have in Losman, this team SHOULD put Drew in control again. If he wants a paycut to hold the clipboard and help Losman develop, fine. Otherwise, I'd rather he be traded...even if its for a lowly 4th round pick.

Drew's value has dried up on Buffalo's watch. Belichick saw it coming, and he was right again. There's no way in HELL that drew is worth the 5 million he's slated to get next season. That number will make it unlikely that we could ship him off to the Parcells for a mid round pick. He'd have to restructure AGAIN, or be cut.

There are fans out there who seem blind to the truth. They'll point to 9 wins and say hey, that's a big improvement.

No, it's not. We played 2 games against defeated, humiliated teams with no playoff shot and NO HEAD COACH. We beat one of them (the Browns) DESPITE Drew's performance. GO back and look at his numbers. He played like crap and we still won thanks to our D. Drew does not have the ability to pull this team up, to elevate them by his play. If he was able to, he would have. Instead, our D and ST pulled our team up.

It's time for JP, even if he's not ready. It'll do more for the team's confidence than any other move, and that's evident after hearing Moulds' comments.

The Bledsoe era in Buffalo is over. It has to be. If it's not, then I've overrated One Bills Drive and our coaches. But I don't believe that. I believe they realize the situation we're in, and I believe we'll be saying goodbye to Drew at some point in the offseason. This will free up all his $, and with Moulds' restructuring, we'll be able to afford a backup QB who fits this offense better.

196921[/snapback]

I think it is very telling when Eric Moulds was talking about a "open QB competition" between JP Losman and Drew Bledsoe

As a starting WR....you would think Eric would be behind Drew 100 percent....especially with the "its my team" comment by Bledsoe....but Eric doesn't seem to be going down that road....to me he seems OPEN TO haveing a rookie QB behind center if that is the choice between him and bledsoe....IN OTHER WORDS....THE BEST QB SHOULD PLAY

I think it is very telling when Eric Moulds was talking about a "open QB competition" between JP Losman and Drew Bledsoe

As a starting WR....you would think Eric would be behind Drew 100 percent....especially with the "its my team" comment by Bledsoe....but Eric doesn't seem to be going down that road....to me he seems OPEN TO haveing a rookie QB behind center if that is the choice between him and bledsoe....IN OTHER WORDS....THE BEST QB SHOULD PLAY

197438[/snapback]

You could almost view it as a subtle form of lobbying for JP :P

I can't believe that people think all 11 people on the field have as much impact on a teams chances vs. the 1 person who handles the ball on every snap. Damn that Trey Teague for holding the ball too long!! Damn Lee Evans for not seeing a rusher coming at him on his non-blind side!!! Damn Willis McGahee for throwing passes too low or behind the receivers!!!

196991[/snapback]

I read somewhere that there are 11 positions on offense all of equal importance! :P:P

I read somewhere that there are 11 positions on offense all of equal importance! :P  :P

197457[/snapback]

I didn't read that at all. What was said was that the QB isn't instantly the most important player on the offense. In some cases it's a RB, in some cases it's an OL. It all depends on the team.

CW

You  could almost view it as a subtle form of lobbying for JP :P

197448[/snapback]

You could view it as a common sense statement. The organization trades up for a 2nd 1st round pick and takes a QB. The QB sits the whole year. The season ends for the Buffalo Bills so each player is back getting evaluated.

It is a normal occurance during the offseason.

I didn't read that at all.  What was said was that the QB isn't instantly the most important player on the offense.  In some cases it's a RB, in some cases it's an OL.  It all depends on the team.

CW

197467[/snapback]

The most important part of the offense is the offensive line hands down. Games are won at the line end of story.

I didn't read that at all.  What was said was that the QB isn't instantly the most important player on the offense.  In some cases it's a RB, in some cases it's an OL.  It all depends on the team.

CW

197467[/snapback]

Yeah. Apparently Ricky Williams was a pretty important piece of the Fish offense.

You could view it as a common sense statement.  The organization trades up for a 2nd 1st round pick and takes a QB.  The QB sits the whole year.  The season ends for the Buffalo Bills so each player is back getting evaluated.

It is a normal occurance during the offseason.

197494[/snapback]

nice post total........SATAN

197438[/snapback]

Telling? Why? Did you expect him to say that JP is a skinny, seemingly frail and untested kid?