Tarvaris Jackson re-signs with Bills

scurdog1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Not sure what to think just yet. I guess that is why having a new coahing staff makes all of this more interesting......we just don't know exactly what they have in mind yet.

Might mean they think all the QBs in the draft suck. That, or they are planning a massive cage fight match to decide the starter.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Does this mean that he's going to be inactive for the next 16 games?

Edit: Imagine how maddening it would be if T-Jax actually started and played well next year with Fitz as his backup. What a waste of last season!

Edited by Corp000085

Very interested to see quotes from Nix et al w/ regard to this. I'm guessing it'll be "chance to compete for the job". Can't think T-Jax would've re-signed this early without at least that promise. Also can't imagine the Bills would be dumb enough to sell him as much more than that. But I've been surprised before.

Most interesting implication of this is that it gives the Bills leverage/options with respect to Fitz. Is T-Jack really any worse? Bills likely want Fitz to restructure to save cap room and real cash. Cutting him saves tons of cash, but no cap room. With the added leverage of "we're happy to have TJ play caretaker while we develop a rookie", they might be able to get Fitz to agree to a restructure.