Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah - DE - BYU

H2o

Yes, he'll be a Strong Side LDE for a 4-3 team. I still have him at #17 for one of the remaining 4-3 teams, and DraftTek just dropped him 9 to #38, and he goes to Cincy at #37 in the next mock out Wed 2-13-13. I don't think he's coming to the Bills with Pettine. He had 10 tackles in 2011, so Nix won't like him either. Ansah is also not terribly scheme versatile. He drops 56 slots using him as a OLB34.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ansah is nothing like Maybin. Plus he didn't even begin playing football until his sophomore year in college. So the one year wonder argument is absurd.

Yes, he'll be a Strong Side LDE for a 4-3 team. I still have him at #17 for one of the remaining 4-3 teams, and DraftTek just dropped him 9 to #38, and he goes to Cincy at #37 in the next mock out Wed 2-13-13. I don't think he's coming to the Bills with Pettine. He had 10 tackles in 2011, so Nix won't like him either. Ansah is also not terribly scheme versatile. He drops 56 slots using him as a OLB34.

And I disagree completely, he's got the speed to play OLB as the tweeter and plenty enough strength to play end. My guess is he will end up having one of the better careers out of all the pass rushers this draft.

http://www.profootba...one-year-wonder

His stats: http://espn.go.com/c...7/ezekiel-ansah

You mean to tell me that this guy's production warrants a first round selection? I don't see him as anything more than another Maybin. I hope we stay far, far away from him and let someone else make that mistake.

he is way bigger than Maybin and didn't play football till he got here from Africa. He has all the talent and dominated at the senior bowl. That said we should go with a more sure pick (if there is such a thing) and a team with no real needs should give him a shot (probably goes to the Giants).

Right. The comparison to Maybin is astounding. Light weight DE getting pushed all over the field, never getting to the QB and being manhandled by chump team OLinemen.

Not even

that could get fans interested. He even looks exactly like Maybin. In fact, Maybin is bigger.

Ezekiel-Ansah---FTB-2010.jpg?1353064503small_maybin.JPG

you couldn't be any more wrong

Ansah 6'5" 275

Maybin 6'4" 240

and they don't look a like and he actually has talent :doh:

I'm not quite sure why people are talking about Ansah as a 3-4 olb. The kid is going to be hand in the dirt in a 3-4,4-3 or 46.

Let me clarify it for you. Terrell Suggs and Paul Kruger were 4-3 defensive ends coming out of college. Ansah is more athletic than those guys. In case you didn't know, Suggs was NFL DPOY last year and Kruger basically put up a sack per game in the second half of this season. The Bills own Mario Williams had 5 sacks in 5 games as an OLB in Houston's 3-4 two seasons ago. These are all big guys.

I agree with BB. He's going to a team with few glaring needs at the end of RD1 (Giants, Atlanta, NEP* if they go 4-3), will be a backup for a year or two, and will be more of an investment in the future than a solution right away.

I have him behind Damontre Moore and Bjoern Werner as the 3rd DE43 to be taken. Last year, four DE's were taken in the first round, at 15, 16, 19, and 21. This year's crop is better at the top, so they'll go sooner, and probably Ansah/Okafor (in either order; I think Okafor is a more immediate help to a team), and Jordan will all go in the first.

Round 2 will be where all the DE34's go--Jesse Williams (most versatile choice for a 3-4 team as he can slip inside and still create disruption), Sylvester Williams (the most disruptive IMHO), and Margus Hunt (the most raw, huge upside).

I watched the senior bowl and thought ansah looked dominant. He showed incredible instinct and agility. I know that he didn't post eye popping stats this year and missed many games but we are talking about a guy that hadn't even been on a football field until three years ago.he is incredibly green and raw but his upside and possible payoff is huge. Worthy of a top ten pick? Perhaps not but he will not last past the first round.

he is way bigger than Maybin and didn't play football till he got here from Africa. He has all the talent and dominated at the senior bowl. That said we should go with a more sure pick (if there is such a thing) and a team with no real needs should give him a shot (probably goes to the Giants).

you couldn't be any more wrong

Ansah 6'5" 275

Maybin 6'4" 240

and they don't look a like and he actually has talent :doh:

I'm not talking about him being an exact replica of Aaron Maybin my friend. I'm talking about the hype surrounding him and all of the talk of his athleticism warranting a first round selection. Maybin had that "amazing first step" and Ansah is all of a sudden this "dominant force" on the line despite his numbers. I just feel he is this year's Aaron Maybin, another product of the bobble-head hype machine. I hope we don't make that mistake. :thumbsup:

ran a 10.91 in the 100 meters...LOL He's a freak

That's just....insane for a 275 pound man. That's faster than some WRs. No doubt the combine will vault him to a high 1st round pick.

I just feel he is this year's Aaron Maybin, another product of the bobble-head hype machine.

Jason Pierre-Paul was also a product of the bobble-head hype machine, and that's a much better comparison. Both have similar size and weight, neither started out playing football, both had less than mediocre stats playing for small schools against weak competition, i.e. both considered more hype than substance.

Nix would never in a million years take the risk on a player like Ansah 8th overall. If we pick him, then you know someone else is running our draft.

I agree with BB. He's going to a team with few glaring needs at the end of RD1 (Giants, Atlanta, NEP* if they go 4-3), will be a backup for a year or two, and will be more of an investment in the future than a solution right away.

Ansah is an incredibly adaptive player with speed, a non-stop motor, and ZERO shyness when it comes to physicality. One year wonder, or not, the guy showed dominance at his level in college. No limit to his upside IMO... He wants the start, and I expect him to meet that goal sooner rather than later.

Ansah to NYG =VERY BAD NEWS to NFCE rivals.

I believe I just read that the guy has played football for 3 years and you expect Nix to be turned off by his 2011 production? Same approach to OLB, what do you expect from a player who's never done it? I enjoy your DT stuff Astro, but you're off base here.

They don't look similar at all lol....sorry bruh not even close

hmmmm, perhaps that was the point bruh.

I'd be perfectly happy if we selected Ansah with the #8 pick overall. In the senior bowl did you guys happen to catch how he sped out to the corner to make an open field tackle on Denard Robinson? Or in the first half when he had that impressive bull rush against the tackle, he drove that guy straight to the QB. He's got the speed and strength to be a stud at the next level, now what he needs is desire and more experience.

I'd be perfectly happy if we selected Ansah with the #8 pick overall. In the senior bowl did you guys happen to catch how he sped out to the corner to make an open field tackle on Denard Robinson? Or in the first half when he had that impressive bull rush against the tackle, he drove that guy straight to the QB. He's got the speed and strength to be a stud at the next level, now what he needs is desire and more experience.

He showed flashes of freak athleticism in the Senior Bowl. A good sign the Bills will go in some other direction, that. ;)