Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah - DE - BYU

H2o

http://www.profootba...one-year-wonder

• “Everyone has been talking about (BYU DE) Ziggy Ansah and throwing around comparisons. If a guy has length, some twitch and a motor, people think it’s Jason Pierre-Paul. He ain’t. Otherwise, they wouldn’t align him inside so much. He’s a one-year wonder and a tweener. ... Put on the bowl game. He was getting pushed down the field and a ball was thrown at his chest and he intercepts it. He fell into it — he didn’t create it. That’s how he produced this year.”

His stats: http://espn.go.com/c...7/ezekiel-ansah

You mean to tell me that this guy's production warrants a first round selection? I don't see him as anything more than another Maybin. I hope we stay far, far away from him and let someone else make that mistake.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean to tell me that this guy's production warrants a first round selection? I don't see him as anything more than another Maybin. I hope we stay far, far away from him and let someone else make that mistake.

Don't be surprised if the Lions take him at #5. They saw him up close all week at the Senior Bowl where he blew everything up. Dude is big (6'6" 270) and ran a 10.91 in the 100 meters...LOL He's a freak who's worth the risk. He certainly won't wake it past the Jets.

Trust me...anything you can pick on him about, there would be something to pick on who you'd want the Bills to pick at #8. If the Bills don't take a QB there then I could definitely see them taking Patterson or Ansuh. I won't be a boring pick, they are going to try to hit a homerun with that one.

Edited by 1billsfan

Not directed at you H2o...But..."All this talk." He played one Bowl Game and the Combine is 2 plus weeks away???...Who is doing all this talking? :rolleyes: ...

Nobody is moving way up due to the Sr Bowl alone...Even if he had blown the place up...Which he didn't...I would not worry much about The Bills picking him...At least not in the first couple Rounds... B-)

Not directed at you H2o...But..."All this talk." He played one Bowl Game and the Combine is 2 plus weeks away???...Who is doing all this talking? :rolleyes: ...

Nobody is moving way up due to the Sr Bowl alone...Even if he had blown the place up...Which he didn't...I would not worry much about The Bills picking him...At least not in the first couple Rounds... B-)

If you follow the draft writers and NFL draft sites you would have seen a major uptick of interest in Ansah after the Senior Bowl. It's too time consuming to "prove it" with links. Ansah was very impressive and from everything I've read, shot himself up from an early 2nd round pick to a sure top 15 pick with his performance that week.

Edited by 1billsfan

No offense taken, but I have seen his name mentioned in other threads as a guy we should take by other posters. Don't want him, not @ 8th for sure. Like I said, let someone else make that mistake. I don't care how he runs, he hasn't shown himself worthy through his on the field production IMO.

Stop with the idiocy, there's better ways to dissect a prospect than just tagging him as a Maybin clone. Stop being lazy. Ansah is a good run defender, he's raw with better athleticism than Maybing, and uses his hands in a much more violent way. Maybin was a soft player with just one move, Ansah has sand in his game. Still, he needs a lot of work with his technique, but you hope to teach that, can't teach his athleticism.

Still remember when nimrods went around tagging Von Miller with the Maybin 2.0 tag, hahahaha. Stop being dumb for a change.

If you follow the draft writers and NFL draft sites you would have seen a major uptick of interest in Ansah after the Senior Bowl. It's too time consuming to "prove it" with links. Ansah was very impressive and from everything I've read, shot himself up from an early 2nd round pick to a sure top 15 pick with his performance that week.

He was a first round pick before the senior bowl, he actually had a poor SB but it doesn't matter becuase games mean more a handful of practices. Guy was going in the first before all of this.

Edited by bouds

Right. The comparison to Maybin is astounding. Light weight DE getting pushed all over the field, never getting to the QB and being manhandled by chump team OLinemen.

Not even

that could get fans interested. He even looks exactly like Maybin. In fact, Maybin is bigger.

Ezekiel-Ansah---FTB-2010.jpg?1353064503small_maybin.JPG

Um, do people know what they are talking about? He may be raw and he might have some comparisons to Maybin but uhhh Ansah weighs 270 pounds which is what he tipped the scales at the Senior Bowl. Maybin was supposedly tops 240 and weighed in at 225 at times. Weight and size aren't what should be the reason for comparisons.

I follow as much as anyone around here...And I understand what you're saying...

I'll wait to see what Scouts are saying after the Combine and the PW's...Folks have to have someone to write about right now...I'm certainly not sold on the kid...Not yet...We're talking about a BYU DE/OLB who only started 9 of 13 games, had a grand total of 4.5 Sacks, and did not force a single fumble as a Sr...I don't need uptick to tell me this is premature praise for this kid...I agree with the OP, at least right now I do...Let another team take the gamble... B-)

Right. The comparison to Maybin is astounding. Light weight DE getting pushed all over the field, never getting to the QB and being manhandled by chump team OLinemen.

Not even

that could get fans interested. He even looks exactly like Maybin. In fact, Maybin is bigger.

Ezekiel-Ansah---FTB-2010.jpg?1353064503small_maybin.JPG

They are not the same size even remotely. They look alike in that they are in dark suits and have white shirts. Otherwise, they don't look that alike. Maybe they have high cheekbones?

This is what I thought, I haven't heard much talking about him here. As a matter of fact, I think you just created the first Ansah thread lol

Stupid- Maybin Played at 226 and bulked up to 249 for the combine - Ansah plays at 270 and maybe you'd like him at 275- looks like he's pretty stout against the run and his pursuit is very good but if I wanted to downgrade him I'd say he doesn't have that crazy explosive first step that people look for from a RDE- as for the Bills needing a RDE Anderson, Merriman, Kelsey, and Moore combined for 7 sacks and run defense on that side wasn't very stellar either so yeah it's a need.

They are not the same size even remotely. They look alike in that they are in dark suits and have white shirts. Otherwise, they don't look that alike. Maybe they have high cheekbones?

Your write. Now that I look more closely at the pics, Ansah's eyes are more wide open and his eyebrows are higher and he's not showing his teeth like that Error Maybe is. Didn't have time to look at the kid's U-tube videos though, but I suspect they show him being mopped up all over the place.

Your write. Now that I look more closely at the pics, Ansah's eyes are more wide open and his eyebrows are higher and he's not showing his teeth like that Error Maybe is. Didn't have time to look at the kid's U-tube videos though, but I suspect they show him being mopped up all over the place.

They will show him lining up more as a DT/NT than a wide DE. He is a big, physical player with a lot of violence in his game and very little experience. Just started playing 3 seasons ago after he came to the US and didn't make the BYU hoops team. Naturally carries about 50 more pounds than Maybin. When you watch a team like the Ravens win a SB with 3 huge rush linebackers(Suggs, Kruger and Upshaw) it will make teams think they can take this guy and put him at rush linebacker too. And they might, he has OUTSTANDING sideline to sideline mobility for such a big guy. Pass rush moves need work, but his athleticism and power are a great start.