Fred Jackson update

Beerball

Just a reminder and reality-check TBD'rs: Our team sucked last year because the Defense sucked! . . . Don't get caught mindlessly drinking the "its all about replacing Fitz" Kool Aid and stupidity.

defense was not good and was awful in about 6 games. One does not have anything to do with the other. Fitz is not an nfl starting qb. He lacks in some many areas.

I'd like to see FJax turn into a Sammy Morris type of player -- not starting but lots of reps, particularly on 3rd down. Screens, good blitz protector, etc. Could extend his career a couple of years.

CJ needs to be the "workhorse" though.

I'd like to see FJax turn into a Sammy Morris type of player -- not starting but lots of reps, particularly on 3rd down. Screens, good blitz protector, etc. Could extend his career a couple of years.

I agree. I think Spiller proved last season that he's the future at running back. Am I happy to have Freddy back? Hell yes, especially if he can return to form from two seasons ago. But he's going to be 32 by next season, and keeps getting hurt. He said he was ready to go last season as well, and it didn't appear to be true,

Still, if Marrone and Hackett have half a brain between them (which apparently Chan didn't), they'll be spending the offseason drawing up plays where they can use both Spiller and Jackson well together.

I agree. I think Spiller proved last season that he's the future at running back. Am I happy to have Freddy back? Hell yes, especially if he can return to form from two seasons ago. But he's going to be 32 by next season, and keeps getting hurt. He said he was ready to go last season as well, and it didn't appear to be true,

Still, if Marrone and Hackett have half a brain between them (which apparently Chan didn't), they'll be spending the offseason drawing up plays where they can use both Spiller and Jackson well together.

OK , Chan says it is time for the subject to change...it is Cj's turn

You must have missed the shot to the knee he caught from Laron Landry in week 1.

CJ isn't a workhorse back. Certainly he should be the focal point, but if he's being asked to carry the ball 25+ times a game then coach is !@#$ing up. CJ needs to be part of a 2 man tandem to get his optimal production.

You must have missed the shot to the knee he caught from Laron Landry in week 1.

CJ isn't a workhorse back. Certainly he should be the focal point, but if he's being asked to carry the ball 25+ times a game then coach is !@#$ing up. CJ needs to be part of a 2 man tandem to get his optimal production.

Workhorse does not mean 25+ carries per game. CJ can handle around 17 per game just fine, with another 5-8 touches as a receiver.

Workhorse does not mean 25+ carries per game. CJ can handle around 17 per game just fine, with another 5-8 touches as a receiver.

I respectfully disagree. Workhorse, to me, implies that a running back carries the ball a minimum of 25 times per game AND has additional touches as a receiver. Furthermore, he blocks on plays that he doesn't touch the ball. I love me some CJ, but that kid gets tired WATCHING football.

I respectfully disagree. Workhorse, to me, implies that a running back carries the ball a minimum of 25 times per game AND has additional touches as a receiver. Furthermore, he blocks on plays that he doesn't touch the ball. I love me some CJ, but that kid gets tired WATCHING football.

Not so much tired as winded.

You do realize no backs ever average what you just laid out for 16 games, right? That would be at its very minimum 400 carries PLUS wr duty and I assume you mean more. The nfl record is I believe 26 carries per game, plus some catches (but not the cj style dynamic receiving)

Just a reminder and reality-check TBD'rs: Our team sucked last year because the Defense sucked! . . . Don't get caught mindlessly drinking the "its all about replacing Fitz" Kool Aid and stupidity.

In five of the last 7 games, the Bills failed to score 20 pts. The defense was playing better but then the offense struggled.

The defense sucked because of fitz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jeremy2020