The annual Torrell Troup article

TPS

700lbs on the leg press is far from impressive. You'll see regular 180lb guys in the gym every day doing high reps with that and more. He's also wearing knee wraps (which make it easier) and only doing about 60% range of motion. I'm sure Troup could double the weight & still do reps, and the vid is probably just his warm-up.

He looks great. I hope he's healthy & ready to finally contribute.

When I was still in one piece, I could leg press 1000 lbs.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

700lbs on the leg press is far from impressive. You'll see regular 180lb guys in the gym every day doing high reps with that and more. He's also wearing knee wraps (which make it easier) and only doing about 60% range of motion.

Really? How about you put up a vid and show us how much you can leg press for 30 reps. Freakin' Internet Mr. Olympia's.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Torell Troup would be better served if he called together all the iron throwing monsters on TBD and glean from them all their insight and wisedom on weight training. I am altering my routine immediately. You guys are inspiring. Arnold Schwarzenegger can't compete with this group. :)

Unbelievable, isn't it?

http://www.menshealt...Your_Weight.php

Advice for "regular guys" is to shoot for 2.25 times your body weight on the leg press.

So, big whoop. The guy's back obviously cannot handle the stress of the position he plays unfortunately.

That's actually pretty cool. I am positive I can do all of that, minus the swimming part. I have no idea how much that would be or how long it takes me to swim a lap....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm stronger than Troupe. I don't know what I can leg press because I don't do them, but I'm sure he could do more than me.

I'm just saying that a 300+lb guy who works out ought to be able to leg press 750lbs. A pro athlete's numbers would be much higher, especially a lineman.

Still, I wish the best for the kid. I just don't see what he's doing in this video as impressive.