Titus Young released 2x, arrested 4x

I am in complete disbelief of people that completely waste their God-given abilities. And then there are people like Titus Young. This guy was given fantastic physical abilities, a brain the size of a peanut and an ego too big to realize either. What a moron. Lock him up and let this be the last that the public ever hears of this complete waste of talent.

It is amazing isn't it...You just can't fix stupid!!! :doh:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he'll ever get another chance after this. I started to feel sad for the kid but really I'm glad for the hard working young man that is putting the time in that's going to get his roster spot wherever that is.

Are you kidding? You can shoot yourself in the leg, kill dogs, shoot steroids, and be the last person to have seen a missing person and someone will take a chance on you in the NFL.

It seems to me Titus has a mental illness that he most likely had for years but everyone looked the other way.Titus has the same odd behavior as raiders center Barret Robbins has.

In a couple of weeks you will here that Titus in treatment for manic depression (bipolar 1).

It seems to me Titus has a mental illness that he most likely had for years but everyone looked the other way.Titus has the same odd behavior as raiders center Barret Robbins has.

In a couple of weeks you will here that Titus in treatment for manic depression (bipolar 1).

This is quite possible. Hopefully part of his release from this most recent arrest will involve mandatory counseling.

Must be nice to throw away millions :thumbsup:

Young probably has very little self-control (due to possible mental issues?) so I'm not sure you can hold him completely accountable.

The Detroit Lions on the other hand…. how could they do the interviews and due diligence and then decide this kid was a good risk as their 2nd round pick?

Young frequently got in trouble at Boise State and was suspended for fighting with a teammate. He also refused to change the way he held the football which resulted in him fumbling numerous times until he was benched.

He even had problems in high school.

The Lions should be very embarrassed.

Young probably has very little self-control (due to possible mental issues?) so I'm not sure you can hold him completely accountable.

The Detroit Lions on the other hand…. how could they do the interviews and due diligence and then decide this kid was a good risk as their 2nd round pick?

Young frequently got in trouble at Boise State and was suspended for fighting with a teammate. He also refused to change the way he held the football which resulted in him fumbling numerous times until he was benched.

He even had problems in high school.

The Lions should be very embarrassed.

This guy is heading for jail.A complete waste of a promising career.

Detroit has a history with this type of player

He's in a manic state now and nobody knows when it stops and he crashes.when you have mania you think your a god (superman) you don't sleep,you will piss away all your money,you are the man throw alcohol on top of it and there's no thought process.

Lets just hope he gets the help he needs before he hurts himself or he smucks somebody.

Sounds like he is using Meth to me. Too bad, terrible waste of talent, hard to kick. Hate to see it in public but that's life, some people just fizzle out. Prison sucks, so I sort of feel for him but he has really been an idiot for whatever reasons.

This guy is heading for jail.A complete waste of a promising career.

Detroit has a history with this type of player

No question that he's wasting his career. As for Detroit they publicly said that they're trying to change their ways.

I'll say it again. Sometimes people are just criminals.

No one is arguing that.

I'm more interested as to why some people are just criminals.

I don't believe that everyone who is a criminal has the very same major malfunction, do you?

No question that he's wasting his career. As for Detroit they publicly said that they're trying to change their ways.

No one is arguing that.

I'm more interested as to why some people are just criminals.

I don't believe that everyone who is a criminal has the very same major malfunction, do you?

agreed - the root causes vary immensely, and by obvious correlation how you handle the people probably should too.

being arrested 3 times in a week, coupled with what stories we are aware of in his past, is really a strong arrow towards him likely being a bit more towards the manic end of the spectrum than the diva side that many suspected early on. the theme of thinking hes superman (better than calvin johnson!) and blatant disregard for authority, rules, mentorship - anything coming towards him... id be very curious to learn more from the people that know him, but the ones that do care likely wouldnt go to the media with worries about mental health. my personal curiosity doesnt trump their desire to take care of a friend/family member though

I also wonder how many people have truly been trying to help him over the years.

Interesting point. He is ultimately the one to blame for his stupidity, but his teams helped create this entitled monster. Because of his talent, he had a lot of things overlooked. I think his problems go back to high school. When you don't get real consequences, you keep taking and taking. Young is an idiot but these teams used him just as much.