Big Game Thread

NoSaint

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God gave ray the power to make them good. Don't you remember when he laid hands on joe in Denver causing joe to throw that last second TD? That was all ray and god.

Im not religious but have to love Lewis' response when Nance asked him to describe what it was like: "it's simple, when God is for ya', who can be against ya'?"

LOL Lewis is a character, I love the guy

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/0ap2000000135662/Lewis-takes-Lombardi-trophy-for-final-time

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Im not religious but have to love Lewis' response when Nance asked him to describe what it was like: "it's simple, when God is for ya', who can be against ya'?"

LOL Lewis is a character, I love the guy

http://www.nfl.com/v...-for-final-time

If it came out of anyone elses mouth I would be annoyed. With Rayray, doesn't phase me. I guess I envy how he can motivate himself and others.

He did mention he layed his hands on Jacoby's Jones chest before the kick return.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

If it came out of anyone elses mouth I would be annoyed. With Rayray, doesn't phase me. I guess I envy how he can motivate himself and others.

He did mention he layed his hands on Jacoby's Jones chest before the kick return.

No wonder it was like Jones walked on water on that return

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I like the result tonight:

Kaepernick lost. I like the guy, but he is too damn talented. We don't need him going on an early career run of SB wins like Brady did. Losing that first SB hasn't worked out too well for any team since the Cowboys beat Denver back in 1978 after prior setbacks in the SB.

The Ravens won, Joe Flacco is going to get paid and that team is going to come back less talented.

On a personal note: Ed Reed and Ray Lewis won, which is good for the U, who really could use a boost in recruiting, to say the least.

Lil' Donte got exposed after a season of undeserved accolades. The guy literally made no plays, which was his calling card here in Buffalo. No impact at all, despite the game really being a pinball affair with a lot of chances for him to make plays. He ate a d*ck tonight.

Downside: putting up with Ray Lewis' BS hallucinogenic rambling. My dad was a U grad so I grew up a christian and a fan of the U well before the U won anything, but even I can't tolerate his nonsense. Great player, great field general, and huge blowhard off the field.

Side note: Greg Roman had a really bad series of calls at the end of that last 49ers drive. That may stick with him in his future pursuit of a HC job. No way they shouldn't have scored there.

I like the result tonight:

Kaepernick lost. I like the guy, but he is too damn talented. We don't need him going on an early career run of SB wins like Brady did. Losing that first SB hasn't worked out too well for any team since the Cowboys beat Denver back in 1978 after prior setbacks in the SB.

The Ravens won, Joe Flacco is going to get paid and that team is going to come back less talented.

On a personal note: Ed Reed and Ray Lewis won, which is good for the U, who really could use a boost in recruiting, to say the least.

Lil' Donte got exposed after a season of undeserved accolades. The guy literally made no plays, which was his calling card here in Buffalo. No impact at all, despite the game really being a pinball affair with a lot of chances for him to make plays. He ate a d*ck tonight.

Downside: putting up with Ray Lewis' BS hallucinogenic rambling. My dad was a U grad so I grew up a christian and a fan of the U well before the U won anything, but even I can't tolerate his nonsense. Great player, great field general, and huge blowhard off the field.

Side note: Greg Roman had a really bad series of calls at the end of that last 49ers drive. That may stick with him in his future pursuit of a HC job. No way they shouldn't have scored there.

Fine post. Can't say I disagree with anything you've said here. Who do you see the Ravens losing as a result of having to (somewhat over)pay Flacco?

Fine post. Can't say I disagree with anything you've said here. Who do you see the Ravens losing as a result of having to (somewhat over)pay Flacco?

Possibly all their free agents except Flacco(Kruger, Ellerbe, Reed) plus potential cap cuts in Boldin and Jones at WR who were huge tonight. I think I read that they are at the cap before they pay Flacco and I doubt they will mortgage their future for any of those guys, even if it means a one or two year step back because Ozzie Newsome has a great track record with regard to finding talent in the draft. All good things come to an end though, and maybe Ozzie's luck will run out like it does for pretty much everybody at some point in the NFL.

When God is for you... We're done here!

Ray has no class. He could have simply said that Flacco was the best player on the field and what a great game he had.

I think there's a real shot they lose Ed Reed.

And Boldin and Pollard....

Isn't it funny? I swear watching the game I was thinking "this is the same underachiever I saw in Buffalo." He played the same exact game that he did here for 5 years. Hilarious how much love that guy gets just because he's on a good defense now.

How many has flacco just heaved up there and the wr's made the play?

None that I've seen. He's thrown it exactly where he expects his WR to be, and they get there. (If they didn't, we'd be saying it's an awful throw, yards off target LOL)

That said, he does have gold-standard wideouts who are able to adjust on the fly and haul in these throws that aren't exactly where they expect, even though they know they'll get leveled.

Well, Cowboys reference conveniently left out SBVI -a 24-3 thumping of Miami just a year removed from their 1st SB appearance in the Blunder Bowl. Kinda killed the post for me..

I was pulling for the Ravens and I'm glad that they won.

They are a class organization. Back in 2010 when Buffalo sucked, we played them, and during the postgame they had nothing but good things to say about the Bills and their competitiveness.

None that I've seen. He's thrown it exactly where he expects his WR to be, and they get there. (If they didn't, we'd be saying it's an awful throw, yards off target LOL)

That said, he does have gold-standard wideouts who are able to adjust on the fly and haul in these throws that aren't exactly where they expect, even though they know they'll get leveled.

Boldin is as tough as they come and explodes to the ball. But, I'm not sure about calling Smith and Jones "gold-standard wideouts". Those 2 can flat out fly and have developed with Flacco, but I'd say they are helped by a guy that can throw the ball a mile and can be deadly accurate with his throws. Line them up with Fitz and they'd be much less productive, I think. On the third hand, the Ravens have a pair of TEs that can run and catch. Maybe having a GM that played that position helps the team realize that it can be a weapon?