Shawn Merrimen on The Mighty 1090 San Diego

BuffaloWest

Nothing much here, but Shawn mentions how much he liked his Buffalo teammates and their blue collar work ethic and how he felt the sense of responsibility to play hard for the Bills fans. Too bad we didnt capture lighting in a bottle with this guy-He was once a beast...but lets face it-It is over despite what he thinks....

http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/xxsportsl/common/global_audio/40/88967.mp3

He'll never be what he was, but in the right system, I think he can still rush the passer effectively as a rotational player. I'd like to have him back and see what a real DC can do with him.

I don't think he is done at all. He may never be "lights out" again but he could still contribute.

PTR

Exactly

With all the talk of the Bills weak point being the LB position & Pettine coming in with the very big possibility of doing some multiple look D 3/4 - 4/3. Add in Merriman being able to do a decent job with his hand on the ground coupled with the fact that he was a 3/4 LB in his hay day it wouldn't surprise me if Pettine looked into bringing him back .

I for one would like to see it b/c i don't think he's done. He's finally healthy & brings a veteran presence to the locker room & i don't know that Kelsay will be back so it leaves the door wide open !!

Good move go get him !!

He'll never be what he was, but in the right system, I think he can still rush the passer effectively as a rotational player. I'd like to have him back and see what a real DC can do with him.

Exactly

Pettine being hired and Nix keeping his job were both good news for Merrimans prospects of being here next season. Anyone know if he is under contract for 2013?

I think if there is one guy that stands to improve the mosy it could he Merriman, based on his 3-4 experience. Also I think Anderson will benefit from Pettines system as well. Bith players have experience in 43 34 defenses. Multiple fronts with guys that can play multiple fronts sounds like it can only mean good things.

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring him back, We could get him rather cheap and he's quality backup material now.

If he is still in the league next year it will only be for the same reason he was still in the league this year. The Bills are the only team that will hire him.

I think if there is one guy that stands to improve the mosy it could he Merriman, based on his 3-4 experience. Also I think Anderson will benefit from Pettines system as well. Bith players have experience in 43 34 defenses. Multiple fronts with guys that can play multiple fronts sounds like it can only mean good things.

Agreed. Anderson is the guy that benefits most from Pettine IMO. Just hope he stays healthy. I think he'll produce

He can still contribute last I saw. That play he made when he stood up Jake Long, an All Pro OT, and planted him on his ass is a textbook example of how to "set the edge" as they say. Kyle Moore wishes he could play the run like that. Let him play a handful of plays in a game and pick his spots. He's a great lockerroom guy and is more than serviceable at the position.

GO BILLS!!!