Mark Schlereth and Super Bowl XXVI

BobbyC81

Mark Schlereth on his ESPN radio show was talking about dumb things said on SB media days and he brought up Super Bowl XXVI when he was with Washington. He said one of the Bills defensive coaches (Dickerson?) was making fun of the Hogs (Washington O-Line) and when Joe Gibbs heard about it he became very angry, told the team about it and wanted them to murder the Bills.

From my memory, the Bills lost that Super Bowl because their DBs couldn't cover the Smurfs but still, unnecessary bulletin board material was provided by a Bills' coach that pissed off their opponents.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Schlereth on his ESPN radio show was talking about dumb things said on SB media days and he brought up Super Bowl XXVI when he was with Washington. He said one of the Bills defensive coaches (Dickerson?) was making fun of the Hogs (Washington O-Line) and when Joe Gibbs heard about it he became very angry, told the team about it and wanted them to murder the Bills.

From my memory, the Bills lost that Super Bowl because their DBs couldn't cover the Smurfs but still, unnecessary bulletin board material was provided by a Bills' coach that pissed off their opponents.

Excuses are cheap

I remember Steve Tasker talking about this and saying he def felt it gave Washington extra motivation going into the game. Wow we really couldn't do anything right during those Super Bowls :wallbash:

Hard to believe that in a Super Bowl, something like that would provide even more motivation.

Nonetheless, Dickerson was a loud-mouthed blowhard and I'm glad Marv canned his ass that offseason…except that Dickerson then polluted the Buffalo airwaves as a result of his firing.

Let it Go

Let what go? Oh .... That's right. I forgot that Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly are tattooed to 30% of Buffalo Bills fans' lower backs. Give me a break. They're both morons who couldn't win a Lombardi trophy. Once we finally win one, these guys will finally be as irrelevant as they ought to be. Meh.

Let what go? Oh .... That's right. I forgot that Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly are tattooed to 30% of Buffalo Bills fans' lower backs. Give me a break. They're both morons who couldn't win a Lombardi trophy. Once we finally win one, these guys will finally be as irrelevant as they ought to be. Meh.

Weird post. You have a problem with fans that like Kelly and Thurman?

Don't know how true it is but i have heard there was an awful lot of partying going on around the Bills when they went to there SB's .

Seeing as Bruce has ? DUI's & i know JK likes to have one every once in a while there may be something to it ?? I'm just saying ... :beer:

Do we really need a new thread about this every year before the Super Bowl?

Bulletin board material has zero impact on the out come of the biggest game of the year. All it does is give one team a little more ammunition for trash talking

I believe there is a lot of truth in this. The team that finally wins this will be Gods in this area. The 90's players will still be adored, but it couldl be very different.