Would be a happy fan if this Drafttek mock was a reality, wow!

simpleman

Interesting mock. Would be great to grab 2 first round talents.

I'd be very surprised if the draft fell like this.

-Only 1 QB off the Board in Rd1

-Very interesting ranking amongst the QBs. Dysert being teh 3rd qb taken. Glennon and Nassib going in the 5th round.

disagree with the grab Nassib at 4............if we grab Geno at 8 theres no reason whatsoever to have Nassib. Still have other holes to fill with the 4 pick. Let nassib fall to the 5th 6th and snatch him then if he's still around.

this mock is way off IMO. but it would definetly be a dream if it held up.

disagree with the grab Nassib at 4............if we grab Geno at 8 theres no reason whatsoever to have Nassib. Still have other holes to fill with the 4 pick. Let nassib fall to the 5th 6th and snatch him then if he's still around.

It wouldn't bother me to draft 3 QB's this year and let them all battle it out!

I'm sick of picking one and not working out.

This is definatly not an exact science. Been too many misses and a lot of nice surprizes.

I could see the top of the board falling somewhat like that, but the later rounds are strange. I lots of players falling too far. I'm not a fan of the draftek system.

Edited by NewEra

clearly I don't see this happening, but if it did it would be fantastic. Gino, Spiller, Johnson, Williams, a TE (the draft is deep at these). The offense would be unstoppable. The new D coordinator should help the D, and I think we will be able to find a good safety and LB in the later rounds.

I wouldn't like it one bit. Smith is no lock to succeed in the NFL. Meanwhile everyone ahead of us grabs LBers we need.

PTR

neither was AJ Green. Guess that worked out.

I love the draft talk as much if not more than most.. But there is no reason getting all worked up over it until the FA period takes place... Needs change instantly and we will have a 10x clearer view of what will or "should" take place.

If we sign 2 Lb's in free agency that are respected as starters.. no one will be clamoring for jarvis jones etc... Just as an example, same obv goes for Wr etc

I love the draft talk as much if not more than most.. But there is no reason getting all worked up over it until the FA period takes place... Needs change instantly and we will have a 10x clearer view of what will or "should" take place.

If we sign 2 Lb's in free agency that are respected as starters.. no one will be clamoring for jarvis jones etc... Just as an example, same obv goes for Wr etc

Good point. But I think the assumption now is that "nothing happens during FA." Then after FA, you talk about the draft again. Same thing with senior bowl, combine, etc. I always operate under the assumption that if nothing changes between now and the draft when discussing the draft, obvisouly that is not correct, but it's too hard/time consuming for me to put together a FA/Draft board. But I'm glad some do.

Just love the latest mock from Drafttek. Smith at 8, Williams at 41. WOW! We lucked out last year,but lightening does not strike like that two years in a row. Would be almost impossible, but a nice fantasy anyway.

http://www.drafttek....raft-Round1.asp

That mock draft is completely wacked due to their "big board" being completely wacked. Drafttek's talent evaluators for their big board doesn't even have EJ Manuel in the top 100 players and him going in the 5th round, yet they have Zak Dysert at #46...LOL

That site has zero credibility with me after seeing that.

It's all computer generated. They don't factor in dumbass GM's making bad decisions, and player attitudes.

It's computer generated yes, but it's based on their site talent evaluators' "big board". Basically that mock draft is classic "garbage in garbage out". They may think that Barkley and Manuel are 4th round and lower rated QBs, but that's simply not reality.

The reality is that the modern NFL is two separate worlds of the haves vs the have nots. The QB position is 10 times more important than the 2nd most important position in the NFL. So that factor MUST be included in player evaluations or you get the joke of drafttek's ridiculous mock draft. No matter the year, many QBs will be taken within the first three rounds.

I actually think there's four teams in the back of the first round no one is suspecting, that if the right QB fell to them, could take a QB...Bears, Vikings, Texans and Patriots. I could easily see the Patriots planning for the post Brady years (which are coming soon) by drafting Barkley or Manuel if either were there. I highly doubt they are pinning all of their franchise's hopes on Mallett.

Edited by 1billsfan