So Ray Lewis may have taken a banned substance

The Poojer

All-Pro noms are far more credible than Pro Bowl noms.

No doubt, but they're still popularity contests. Give me a coaches All Pro team and it would carry more weight. You know, the guys who actually break down film. Writers tend to just parrot what someone else says.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt, but they're still popularity contests. Give me a coaches All Pro team and it would carry more weight. You know, the guys who actually break down film. Writers tend to just parrot what someone else says.

The problem with that is that coaches don't break down film of players they don't face in a given year.

I wish you guys crappy a$$ quarterback (I refuse to claim him) Ryan Shitzpatrick would have ate the whole dear because maybe if he did he would be able to throw it more than 2 yards. Matter a fact who has Lance Armstrong number get him a Livestrong cocktail stat. He could have used any help because that clown there, he naturally sucks more a$$ than a Jenna Jamison movie. How bout Im a make a fake twitter profile to get him to like a girl who knows maybe it could light a fire in that noodle arm.

Ray was gone after week 6, The Ravens made the playoffs anyway.

The Ravens gave up 34 points to Denver without Ray, they gave up 35 points with Ray. They beat the Broncos because Flacco and Rice destroyed a better defense than the Ravens and Manning's noodly arm finally gave out and because John Fox's bad coaching down the stretch.

Saying that a team turned themselves around because they got their...starting MLB back ..is ridiculous. It's something a sportswriter would write because all of his colleagues were writing it.

Credibility?? "oh the irony". He's a guy who writes funny things on the internet. See NoSaints explanation below. The guy with the "credibility" issue is your pal Ray Lewis. How long before he comes clean on this? I'm guessing never.

I am softening on Ray though. In the past 2 days he has gone from an annoying but very tired act to the gift that keeps on giving:

Still hounding him re: the stabbings in Atlanta?--how dare you! "Nobody here is really qualified to ask those questions. I just truly feel that this is God's time, and whatever his time is, you know, let it be his will."

Pesky allegations of PED use?---that's easy: "That’s the trick of the devil. The trick of the devil is to kill, steal and destroy. That’s what he comes to do. He comes to distract you from everything you’re trying to do.”

At least Lance Armstrong didn't rely on blasphemy when he was lying to us.

Yes, but he "killed his credibility" when he crossed the line you never cross (The Ray Lewis Line)!

Very interesting in the comments section:

"London Fletcher: 15 seasons, 240 games, 1,685 tackles, 37 sacks, 2 safety's, 73 passes batted down, 23 ints, 2 tds, 18 forced fumbles, 1 Superbowl ring.

Ray Lewis: 17 seasons, 228 games, 1,336 tackles, 41 sacks, 1 safety, 67 passes batted down, 31 ints, 3 tds, 17 forced fumbles, 1 Superbowl ring. "

Fletcher played his career all wrong. He should have been much more of an overbearing camera hog and in your face God pray-er. He would be a "first ballot lock" and "the greatest leader in the history of team sports."

So let me get this straight...Raves are 8-1 this year WITH Ray, and 5-5 without him...and your only reply to that is to disregard it completely based on the scores against Denver? LMAO...dude I get it, you hate Ray, but you trying to down play his importance to that team, his overall impact both as a player and a leader, and his overall spectacular career as one of the games all time best (and thats not just fan opinion, most PLAYERS, COACHES, SCOUTS, GM,s, and other people who professionally analyze him and compete against him believe him to be one of the best, if not the best, of all time) is just getting stupid. You are totally entitled to your opinions of him as a person, but those opinions do not change the impact he has week in and week out on the field and in that locker room.

This team was falling off BIG TIME after Ray got hurt, luckily still made the playoffs ONLY because they started 5-1 with Ray because they went 5-5 from there on out. Then went on the road to face 3 tough opponents and 2 of the all time best QB's in NFL history in THEIR stadiums and upset all 3 of them. No one thought they could do it, but there is no denying this team rallied around the return of Ray and have looked like the team in the first 6 games, not the team that struggled to go .500 the rest of the way.

As far as your comparison to Fletcher goes, well you just compared Ray to one of the leagues best LB's of the last 15 years and most under rated players. So of course stats are going to be good too because Fletcher is a HOF candidate himself (and deserves it if you ask me). Let me address the stats first though...Ray played 12 less games yet has more sacks and quite a bit more INT's already. Tackles is all the Fletcher has on him and that is mostly because of the bad teams Fletcher has played on where he racks up tackles because he hasn't had much help on his defenses. Whitner racked up tackles in Buffalo too, but everyone claims he sucks. If you project the 12 games out for Ray then his tackle total is not far behind Fletcher despite the fact that Ray had plenty of help around him.

Secondly, Fletcher has had no where near the same impact for his defenses as Ray has had for his. Ray is a true field general out there and one of the games all time great leaders. So as great as London has been, Ray has been better, a better team leader, and made more of an impact to his team overall. 2 teams gave up on Fletcher, St Louis and Buffalo, because they didn't feel he made enough plays up front. Can you see any team ever letting go of Ray? Um no. London is HOF candidate IMO, so I have nothing but high regard for him. Ray has just been better...hence the ranking as one of the best, if not the best, to ever play his position.

I wish you guys crappy a$$ quarterback (I refuse to claim him) Ryan Shitzpatrick would have ate the whole dear because maybe if he did he would be able to throw it more than 2 yards. Matter a fact who has Lance Armstrong number get him a Livestrong cocktail stat. He could have used any help because that clown there, he naturally sucks more a$$ than a Jenna Jamison movie. How bout Im a make a fake twitter profile to get him to like a girl who knows maybe it could light a fire in that noodle arm.

God, my head hurts after trying to read that.

So let me get this straight...Raves are 8-1 this year WITH Ray, and 5-5 without him...and your only reply to that is to disregard it completely based on the scores against Denver? LMAO...dude I get it, you hate Ray, but you trying to down play his importance to that team, his overall impact both as a player and a leader, and his overall spectacular career as one of the games all time best (and thats not just fan opinion, most PLAYERS, COACHES, SCOUTS, GM,s, and other people who professionally analyze him and compete against him believe him to be one of the best, if not the best, of all time) is just getting stupid. You are totally entitled to your opinions of him as a person, but those opinions do not change the impact he has week in and week out on the field and in that locker room.

This team was falling off BIG TIME after Ray got hurt, luckily still made the playoffs ONLY because they started 5-1 with Ray because they went 5-5 from there on out. Then went on the road to face 3 tough opponents and 2 of the all time best QB's in NFL history in THEIR stadiums and upset all 3 of them. No one thought they could do it, but there is no denying this team rallied around the return of Ray and have looked like the team in the first 6 games, not the team that struggled to go .500 the rest of the way.

As far as your comparison to Fletcher goes, well you just compared Ray to one of the leagues best LB's of the last 15 years and most under rated players. So of course stats are going to be good too because Fletcher is a HOF candidate himself (and deserves it if you ask me). Let me address the stats first though...Ray played 12 less games yet has more sacks and quite a bit more INT's already. Tackles is all the Fletcher has on him and that is mostly because of the bad teams Fletcher has played on where he racks up tackles because he hasn't had much help on his defenses. Whitner racked up tackles in Buffalo too, but everyone claims he sucks. If you project the 12 games out for Ray then his tackle total is not far behind Fletcher despite the fact that Ray had plenty of help around him.

Secondly, Fletcher has had no where near the same impact for his defenses as Ray has had for his. Ray is a true field general out there and one of the games all time great leaders. So as great as London has been, Ray has been better, a better team leader, and made more of an impact to his team overall. 2 teams gave up on Fletcher, St Louis and Buffalo, because they didn't feel he made enough plays up front. Can you see any team ever letting go of Ray? Um no. London is HOF candidate IMO, so I have nothing but high regard for him. Ray has just been better...hence the ranking as one of the best, if not the best, to ever play his position.

Spare yourself the agony as a haters job is always to HATE. Simply let them.

Ah, so it was a comedy piece. Well then, that redeems Drewy a bit.

Lewis also has 7-1st team and 3-2nd team AP All-Pro noms while Fletcher has 2-2nd team All-Pro noms (nevermind the huge disparity in Pro Bowl noms). Think the writers (of which Magary was obviously not one) were swayed by Lewis' personality?

Drew will help you here:

"I think he means "walk" in the sense of an acquittal, but Ray's been martyring himself for so long that it's entirely possible he thinks of himself now as a mix of Rudy and Brian Piccolo. The worst part is that people in the media are still lapping up all this warm sh--t:

(yahoo reporter) I asked the future Hall of Famer: What did he remember about that media day in Tampa a dozen years ago, and was he indeed having a lot more fun this time around?....

As the session continued Lewis, eyes wide and voice rising with excitement, was at his engaged, animated best. When he talks like
, he comes off as a sincere, upbeat soul, and it's easy to understand why he's one of the
the sport has ever known. "

And if you need more help answering this question, let Stephen A Smith tell let you know how the media feels about Ray:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8897224

I challenge you to watch that video without laughing at loud at the Ray Lewis analingus going on right in front of you.

Pro Bowls and All Pro teams have a lot to do with popularity. That being said, Lewis was also a member of quite a few fantastic defenses while Fletcher was mired in some pretty mediocre Ds (to put it nicely.) So people look at Fletcher's numbers and say, "yeah, but those tackles game 5-10 yards downfield!" Right or wrong, that's what they say and it's because many of his D's weren't very good.

Good points. Ray is a great player, i don't challenge this. He will get into the HOF, no doubt. But I bet he looks a whole lot better on the Ravens than if he spent most of his time on the Bills or the Skins. How can anyone not understand that?

Look, if you think that that team has succeeded because of some magic mojo Lewis has on his team, fine. I can't take that away from you. If you think that he personally changed the outcome of those games because of what he did on the field, then I'm going to have to ask you to show me exactly how he did that.

Hmmm, 2 teams gave up on Fletcher? Hey, those happen to be 2 of the worst teams in the league--think there's a connection?? No?--I bet you don't. And didn't Houston "give up" on Mario? Hey, that's OK because the Bills picked him up!

If you want to believe the Ravens success is simply because "they rallied around Ray", fine--that's certainly what they love to say on the TV. I just don't believe it has been a signifianct reason for their run.

As for "hating"...my point is that I think he is a phony and that this silly PED issue is going to expose him as the fraud he is. Great player, fine--just shut up and play like a real leader, Fletcher (and doazens of other great players), do.

All-Pro noms are far more credible than Pro Bowl noms.

And are still the same writers we kill for parroting each others opinions. How many AP writers do you think know the intricacies of LB play and watch extensive play of all of them and how many do you think pencil in ray Lewis unless they hear someone else say he's fallen off?

I'm of the ray Lewis is a great player camp for sure, but likewise think its absurd that he's seemingly untouchable

As for drews piece - I think that's essentially what he's saying, but in entertaining rant-y terms.

And are still the same writers we kill for parroting each others opinions. How many AP writers do you think know the intricacies of LB play and watch extensive play of all of them and how many do you think pencil in ray Lewis unless they hear someone else say he's fallen off?

I'm of the ray Lewis is a great player camp for sure, but likewise think its absurd that he's seemingly untouchable

As for drews piece - I think that's essentially what he's saying, but in entertaining rant-y terms.

In the absence of any other more credible nominating group (and if there is one, I'd like to see their rankings), I give the All-Pro the most cred. Again the problem with accolades is that the guys who are best-suited to judge, i.e. coaches, are focused on only 12 (regular season) to at-most 16 (playoffs) teams during the season, and most of them for only parts of seasons (i.e. the weeks leading-up to the games). So they can't be polled and give an accurate assessment of every player. The Pro Bowl is a joke since again it polls coaches who see 12 teams at most (and again, portions of most players' seasons), along with players who have reasons other than performance to nominate other players, and fans who mostly know nothing.

Look, I can understand a piece talking about how oversaturated we are with all things Ray Lewis and how much of a self-promoter he is. I had no problem with that part of the article. But making the claim that he wasn't all that great and was made to look great by a bunch of guys whose names (with the possible exception of Ngata) won't even be uttered in future HOF pre-discussions, is absurd. Sure they helped, but you could say that about any great player, i.e. he relied on others to help make him look good/great.

Edited by Doc

Drew will help you here:

"I think he means "walk" in the sense of an acquittal, but Ray's been martyring himself for so long that it's entirely possible he thinks of himself now as a mix of Rudy and Brian Piccolo. The worst part is that people in the media are still lapping up all this warm sh--t:

(yahoo reporter) I asked the future Hall of Famer: What did he remember about that media day in Tampa a dozen years ago, and was he indeed having a lot more fun this time around?....

As the session continued Lewis, eyes wide and voice rising with excitement, was at his engaged, animated best. When he talks like
, he comes off as a sincere, upbeat soul, and it's easy to understand why he's one of the
the sport has ever known. "

And if you need more help answering this question, let Stephen A Smith tell let you know how the media feels about Ray:

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8897224

I challenge you to watch that video without laughing at loud at the Ray Lewis analingus going on right in front of you.

Good points. Ray is a great player, i don't challenge this. He will get into the HOF, no doubt. But I bet he looks a whole lot better on the Ravens than if he spent most of his time on the Bills or the Skins. How can anyone not understand that?

Look, if you think that that team has succeeded because of some magic mojo Lewis has on his team, fine. I can't take that away from you. If you think that he personally changed the outcome of those games because of what he did on the field, then I'm going to have to ask you to show me exactly how he did that.

Hmmm, 2 teams gave up on Fletcher? Hey, those happen to be 2 of the worst teams in the league--think there's a connection?? No?--I bet you don't. And didn't Houston "give up" on Mario? Hey, that's OK because the Bills picked him up!

If you want to believe the Ravens success is simply because "they rallied around Ray", fine--that's certainly what they love to say on the TV. I just don't believe it has been a signifianct reason for their run.

As for "hating"...my point is that I think he is a phony and that this silly PED issue is going to expose him as the fraud he is. Great player, fine--just shut up and play like a real leader, Fletcher (and doazens of other great players), do.

First of all it is my understanding the PED thing is a two year old story. No?

Also Ray Lewis gets respect from everyone on his team and expects everyone on his team to play at a high level. When is the last time you heard of a Ravens player being in trouble? I can not think of one time in the last few years, i may be wrong?

I believe Ray is a direct reason for this. His team mates love him and know it is not for show. He believes what he preachers he lives it and he backs it up on and off the field.

First of all it is my understanding the PED thing is a two year old story. No?

Also Ray Lewis gets respect from everyone on his team and expects everyone on his team to play at a high level. When is the last time you heard of a Ravens player being in trouble? I can not think of one time in the last few years, i may be wrong?

I believe Ray is a direct reason for this. His team mates love him and know it is not for show. He believes what he preachers he lives it and he backs it up on and off the field.

Suggs was accused of beating his gf like 6 weeks ago (his second arrest), fellow LB Albert McClellan was likewise arrested for domestic battery in August

Edited by NoSaint

Add on to the Lewis stuff: now claiming he paid the family out of the goodness of his heart like every other family he donates to. Also points to his success as proof from god he did nothing wrong.... Good football player, big time jerk in this one: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/04/ray-lewis-once-again-dances-around-issue-of-super-bowl-xxxiv-murders/