Sabres suck too...

Dragonborn10

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 seconds left... Crazy. I really don't know if Miller is the answer... Really, even when surrounded by talent... his head is just not in it... See Olympics.

I mean you knew TOR would bring it... They can't lose to BFLO forever... They got pick 'em up against BFLO sooner or later... At least Grigs scored... and they got a point.

Trade Miller. His glove hand is about as slow as his lazy eye

God, what a miserable weekend for the Sabres, after that "springboard" win in Boston.

I would look to trade Tyler Myers, before everyone realizes what a big cream-puff he is. He had a decent rookie year, and since, I feel like I am always looking for signs that he is returning to his rookie form...he was awful today against Florida. I just don't see that this kid has the desire to be better. I don't see him working hard on the ice. Not liking his development at all.

They keep saying that the Sabres have an abundance of defensemen...but I don't know how many of the 10 "NHL ready" guys are really that good. They make so many lazy mistakes. Fitting that Campbell gets the game winner today. Not giving up on this season just yet, but it is getting harder and harder to watch...maybe it is just conditioning and lack of training camp...but this team just looks exhausted already...like they have played 50 games already. Just lazy and lethargic at times.

Edited by Buftex

Trade Miller. His glove hand is about as slow as his lazy eye

Watched the Montreal broadcast on Saturday (my only choice with Center Ice) and they were commenting on the "file" on Miller is that you can beat him glove side...because he is tall, and does not like to hold his glove high, they say, everyone knows he will leave an opening in that area....

Watched the Montreal broadcast on Saturday (my only choice with Center Ice) and they were commenting on the "file" on Miller is that you can beat him glove side...because he is tall, and does not like to hold his glove high, they say, everyone knows he will leave an opening in that area....

thats just great. That's like when we had Whitner and all the QBs knew you just had to throw it on to his side of the field. "Don't worry if there's a CB on the WR, Whitner will come into the play and box his own players out and still miss the play"

God, what a miserable weekend for the Sabres, after that "springboard" win in Boston.

I would look to trade Tyler Myers, before everyone realizes what a big cream-puff he is. He had a decent rookie year, and since, I feel like I am always looking for signs that he is returning to his rookie form...he was awful today against Florida. I just don't see that this kid has the desire to be better. I don't see him working hard on the ice. Not liking his development at all.

Watching that Bruins game last week, Myers certainly is no Zdeno Chara

Watching that Bruins game last week, Myers certainly is no Zdeno Chara

I am for cutting Myers a bit of slack the next couple of years and beyond a bit... REALLY. How hard is it to play D in the NHL well? ANSWER: VERY. Chara has a bunch of years on Myers. Guys like Brian Campbell and Chara can almost be Myers' father (11 and 13 years older)! I said: "almost."

I am for cutting Myers a bit of slack the next couple of years and beyond a bit... REALLY. How hard is it to play D in the NHL well? ANSWER: VERY. Chara has a bunch of years on Myers. Guys like Brian Campbell and Chara can almost be Myers' father (11 and 13 years older)! I said: "almost."

I am hardly the harshest critic of players, but I just don't see anything in Myers that suggests he is going to get a lot better. He has been in the league three years, and is regressing, IMO. I think we all cut him some slack last season. I think the Sabres are in a dangerous position where they want to "get tougher"...but instead of their core guys getting tougher, they are just adding tougher guys with limited skills. The good teams have skilled guys who are tough.

Myers has some offensive skill, but it isn't enough (at this point) to cancel out the liability that he is (and its' getting worse IMO) on defense. He was brutal yesterday against Florida... sorry, maybe overreacting, but we have to make excuses for our coach, our goaltender and what is supposed to be our franchise blue liner? This team is still a few moves away from being taken seriously, I am afraid. As exhileratiing as the win against Boston was on Thursday, that game was hardly a defensive masterpiece. The Vanek/Hodgson/Pomminvile line is playing insanely good....but our record is 3-5-1...something isn't adding up.

Screw it...win two games in a row, and everyone can stay! :lol:

You can beat any goalie when your D is letting you. A goalie is only so big and can only cover so much net. Give a shooter enough time, like a QB in the pocket, and he can pick his spot. Buffalo's defense is a freakin' joke right now but it's not lack of talent. The finger is pointing at Lindy.

PTR

You can beat any goalie when your D is letting you. A goalie is only so big and can only cover so much net. Give a shooter enough time, like a QB in the pocket, and he can pick his spot. Buffalo's defense is a freakin' joke right now but it's not lack of talent. The finger is pointing at Lindy.

PTR

Yeah, I hear you... I realize Miller gets hung out to dry quite a bit (more than he should be), but he does seem to have, I don't know, some depth perception issues, or something, with that glove hand. How many times do you see him raise his glove hand to make a save. only to see the puck go right over or under.

As for the defensemen, I could point the finger at Lindy for the scheme, perhaps...maybe he is culpable for all the odd-man rushes our opponents seem to get...but I swear, a lot of our blue liners are either just lazy or passive...they never...and Myers is the worst offender. He rarely takes anyone off the puck, but waits for them to make a move..and when he is trying to defend on an odd-man rush, he always seems to make the wrong play...and I just don't see his judgement getting better with experience. I like what he can bring to the offense from time to time, but he is almost a liability in his own end.

Sorry...just very disappointed by this poor start. I take some solace though...saw some stat about the 1994 season, which also had a lockout and a 48 game schedule..the standing at the end of the season was drastically different than they were after 10 games that year. The Devils won the cop that year, but were 12th in the conference after 10 games...so there is still hope of turning this thing around. :thumbsup:

PTR

Miller gets way too big a % of the blame from Sabre fans. A lot of people seem like they expect him to be Hasek and steal a whole season's worth of games behind a crappy team, but we're never going to see a player like that again.

Yeah, I hear you... I realize Miller gets hung out to dry quite a bit (more than he should be), but he does seem to have, I don't know, some depth perception issues, or something, with that glove hand. How many times do you see him raise his glove hand to make a save. only to see the puck go right over or under.

As for the defensemen, I could point the finger at Lindy for the scheme, perhaps...maybe he is culpable for all the odd-man rushes our opponents seem to get...but I swear, a lot of our blue liners are either just lazy or passive...they never...and Myers is the worst offender. He rarely takes anyone off the puck, but waits for them to make a move..and when he is trying to defend on an odd-man rush, he always seems to make the wrong play...and I just don't see his judgement getting better with experience. I like what he can bring to the offense from time to time, but he is almost a liability in his own end.

Sorry...just very disappointed by this poor start. I take some solace though...saw some stat about the 1994 season, which also had a lockout and a 48 game schedule..the standing at the end of the season was drastically different than they were after 10 games that year. The Devils won the cop that year, but were 12th in the conference after 10 games...so there is still hope of turning this thing around. :thumbsup:

I have noticed alot of the goals he is giving up usually involve someone being allowed to stand alone in front of him waiting for a rebound or loose puck at the side fo the net. The play is off to one side, the shot comes in and either hits him, the post, or something else and comes over to the open man on the side who has a wide open net to put it in. When Vanek used to stand in front of the net he would take a beating trying to stay there, the Sabres defence doesn't seem to want to bother the other teams player standing tehre and I think I have seen Myers or Leopold offer tehm a cup of tea while they stand there......

I don't think I have seen even the best goalie succeed when teh defence in front plays like crap. You can't expect a goalie to stop everything, and giving a guy time in front of the net with the puck usually only ends with a goal being scored (unless that guy is kessel, then it ends with a post or a shot wide)

I don't think I have seen even the best goalie succeed when teh defence in front plays like crap. You can't expect a goalie to stop everything, and giving a guy time in front of the net with the puck usually only ends with a goal being scored (unless that guy is kessel, then it ends with a post or a shot wide)

All of what you say is true, I know. I have seen Miller go through stretches where he is pretty unbelievable, and where he "steals games". I just think he is streaky. As for the defense, I just can't believe how bad they are playing. I guess Myers is on my **** list, becasue I am just not seeing any improvement from him...with his size and speed, it bugs me that I am nervous every time I see him on the ice. He currently leads the team with a p/m rating of -6. His instincts just don't seem to be there.

EDIT: sorry- Leopold is a -8, and Stafford a -7. I will give Staff a pass, because he makes up for it with all those goals he scores! :rolleyes:

Edited by Buftex

PTR

I don't know. Miller is a waif! Start turning the future defensive linemen into goalies early and you would see them literally plug the net. Even if they can't stop the thing, at least it will deflect off of them. Honestly, big guys can be agile... It is just a matter of time. 20 years ago, who would have thought skater's size progressing to mid 200 to 300 pound range!

Is it the ruff system or the players. I think its time to move on #22. Its no fun being a sabres fan with him

Something isn't right and I don't think it is all on the players. We struggle to get out of our own end, we struggle to keep the puck in the offensive zone.

How about Vanek though, he is fun to watch?

21 points 10 goals 11 assists