Sabres suck too...

Dragonborn10

im sure the islanders will give tavares a big ole contract and wont ever let him walk

and as far as millers performance last night, he did come up with some huge saves (and got helped by the post on a few others) - he plays his best when he gets a lot of soft shots (like last night) early on to get him in the groove...there was a lot less miller-esque flopping around the ice and more of standing pat and making saves, thats the miller I like to see

defensively we are SOFT, SOFT, SOFT - and the fix is really quite simple, BODY UP ON YOUR MAN! stop chasing the puck/sticks and take the man dammit!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller didn't play bad. Weber did pop the puck over the glass @ the wrong time... Oh, well... Regehr back helps... Lindy sits Meyers...

Didn't play bad? He played great...after a sluggish start, he is going on what looks to be one of his hot streaks...he was great tonight, and was really strong against the Islanders too...Sabres just aren't getting enough shots, and giving up too many. Though they don't take a ton of shots, they have been getting quality shots from the deeper lines...Folingo/Ennis/Stafford line starting to heat up.

I will say, they are playing a little better though...no shame in losing to the Bruins, an elite team...though a win would have been really nice.

The difference in skill level between the Sabres and Bruins was obvious. That they were able to beat them in Boston and hang with them last night is an encouraging sign.

Yeah, it is easy to get caught up in the negativity about this team (I am as guilty as anyone), but I think they are playing markedly better the last few games...they still have woes on defense, no doubt, but they aren't getting rolled over like they were the last few weeks. When Miller is on, he is as good as anyone, and gives them a great chance to win any games. Thing with the Bruins is, their agitaters and tough guys are also their best players...they score goals...Sabres aren't there. What the Sabres sacrafice for toughness for guys like Ott, Scott and Kaleta, they sacrafice skill. That is what makes Boston so good.

Here's a bit of math for everyone. Last year Ottawa got 8th place with 92 points. They got 56% of their points last year. Assume it takes 56% this year with a 48 game schedule, that means you need 54 points. The Sabres got 11 points with 13 games in, that is 42%. They need 43 points in their next 35 games, a 62% clip. That's like 21-13-1 the rest of the way. That's a big turn-around from 5-7-1 where they are today. Anyone see it happening?

No not with the current coach. He needs to go. I'm starting to wonder what their doing down there. Pegula has no clue or doesn't care. They fill the seats there and maybe that's all he cares about.

Pegs cares about winning and has opened-up the checkbook to sign players. But as a cautionary tale WRT a new owner making the Bills better, just because a new owner has money and spends it doesn't mean a team will improve.

Here's a bit of math for everyone. Last year Ottawa got 8th place with 92 points. They got 56% of their points last year. Assume it takes 56% this year with a 48 game schedule, that means you need 54 points. The Sabres got 11 points with 13 games in, that is 42%. They need 43 points in their next 35 games, a 62% clip. That's like 21-13-1 the rest of the way. That's a big turn-around from 5-7-1 where they are today. Anyone see it happening?

Math hurts :(

Yes, the numbers don't tell a nice story...but we all know, this team is capable of going on extended winning streaks too. I seriously doubt, Lindy or no Lindy, that they keep up their current rate of futility.

I wish I could remember all the hard numbers right now...but last weekend, on the Florida broadcast, they showed the standings from the 1994 season (the last time there was a 48 game season) after 12 games...the Cup winner that year (the Devils) were in 12th place in the east after 12 games...in fact, IIRC, 6 teams that would not have qualified for the playoffs after 12 games ended up in the playoffs. It is still way too early to write this season off...believe me, I understand the pessimism, it is hard to shake. Honestly, 21-13-1 doesn't sound impossible....but they do have to start turing it around sooner rather than later. Miller is playing great the last 3 games or so...they need to take advantage of that...his hot streaks don't last forever.

Pegs cares about winning and has opened-up the checkbook to sign players. But as a cautionary tale WRT a new owner making the Bills better, just because a new owner has money and spends it doesn't mean a team will improve.

. Are you 100% sure about winning. Just because he spend big money on player salaries. Doesn't make him wanting to win. Get rid of the former # 22 then i'll believe him