Sabres suck too...

Dragonborn10

their a joke.

. Been following for 42 years have you. What is new here with this group?

What are the positives here vanek and who? Tell me then. Negative that what i see here.

No, only about 40 years for me...though I missed the majority of the 90's. I wasn't disagreeing with you.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had season tickets in the golds at the Aud. been following this team for years. I thought the franchise was better off with Pegula. Not to sure anymore. The bills might be closer to winning then this group .

I had season tickets in the golds at the Aud. been following this team for years. I thought the franchise was better off with Pegula. Not to sure anymore. The bills might be closer to winning then this group .

Well, if things continue the way they are, and no change is made next year (HC and possibly GM) I will be a little more concerned about Pegula. But, as it stands right now, I am still thinking Pegula is going to be a good owner for us. He can only do so much (like fire the coach and/or GM)... many of us may have come to a conclusion that it just isn't ever going to work with Ruff/Reiger, but Pegula is still a relatively new owner. Deservedly, or not, Ruff was a "made man" when Pegula took over, and the team had achieved a certain level of success under him...now, two seasons removed, the further the way we get away from the Briere/Drury period, the more Pegula has to look at. If this team comes up short again (of a playoff spot..I know those aren't lofty expectations), I honestly don't see how Pegula couldn't make a change. Sabres fans have been very loyal (almost too loyal you might argue) as far as buying up tickets...and Pegula hasn't really spared any expense to try to do everything he can to make the experience of going to a game the best it can be...when he probably didn't have to. However, he isn't a coach, a player, or a team captain...just a fan who happens to own the team.

btw- split season tickets from 1980-1987...oranges!

Edited by Buftex

I like to compare Ruff to Andy Reid - both very good coaches but it's time for a change of scenery. I'm much more alarmed at the extension of Regier. This is the man that gave Ville Leino $27M and is paying Stafford $4M a year. He's also invested far, far too much money in defensemen while not focusing enough on skaters that can put the puck in the net. If Vanek goes down this team might not score another goal this season. And Terry gave him an extension?

You wonder what their seeing over there. Maybe the first pick in the nhl draft is what they see. More rebuilding with our sports teams.

What do you think about the prospect of the Sabres making a trade with the Oilers for Ryan O'Reilly? The Sabres seem to be one of about 4 teams in the running. He would certainly address the issue the Sabres have had (for ages now!) of a quality center, and one with some toughness. Assuming they didn't make Ennis part of the trade (one of the many rumours...I like Ennis), they could put him back on the wing... he is okay at center, but liked him better as a winger.

I realize, O'Reilly is still young, and it is a little bit of a gamble...but I would trade Tyler Myers for him in a heartbeat. In fact, there are only probably 3 or 4 guys I wouldn't trade for him...Vanek, Miller, Grigorenko, and maybe Folgno. Wouldn't be happy to see Ennis go, but it might be worth it...

What do you think about the prospect of the Sabres making a trade with the Oilers for Ryan O'Reilly? The Sabres seem to be one of about 4 teams in the running. He would certainly address the issue the Sabres have had (for ages now!) of a quality center, and one with some toughness. Assuming they didn't make Ennis part of the trade (one of the many rumours...I like Ennis), they could put him back on the wing... he is okay at center, but liked him better as a winger.

I realize, O'Reilly is still young, and it is a little bit of a gamble...but I would trade Tyler Myers for him in a heartbeat. In fact, there are only probably 3 or 4 guys I wouldn't trade for him...Vanek, Miller, Grigorenko, and maybe Folgno. Wouldn't be happy to see Ennis go, but it might be worth it...

Honestly... What do you think Kane is gonna do when he becomes a UFA in 2014-2015? Again, honestly... He wins another Cup or two... Man is he gonna be the deal. He plays both center and wing.

I know this is a few years off... BUT, is this not better than an unproven rook!

He's gotta bleed blue & gold! The pressure would be off too, having won The Cup.

I like the old saying how Chicago used to be our "farm team"... From the Hasek, JP Dumont, etc.. years.

Honestly... What do you think Kane is gonna do when he becomes a UFA in 2014-2015? Again, honestly... He wins another Cup or two... Man is he gonna be the deal. He plays both center and wing.

I know this is a few years off... BUT, is this not better than an unproven rook!

He's gotta bleed blue & gold! The pressure would be off too, having won The Cup.

I like the old saying how Chicago used to be our "farm team"... From the Hasek, JP Dumont, etc.. years.

Yes, Kane would be great, but I don't think he is out of Chicago any time soon. O'Reilly is available, and the Avs are pursuing a trade. It would be a major change on the face of the team (Sabres would likely have to part with one of their "core" players) and provide them with a tough, talented player, who, by all accounts, is a "natural born leader".

Edited by Buftex

I think you mean the Avalanche, and I haven't heard much about him bringing much "toughness", but he is supposed to have the potential to be a very good defensive forward (similar style player to Drury)

I think you mean the Avalanche, and I haven't heard much about him bringing much "toughness", but he is supposed to have the potential to be a very good defensive forward (similar style player to Drury)

Yes, sorry, meant Avalanche. I will admit, I have not seen a lot of him (O'Reilly), but most of the assessments I have read/heard are that he is a pretty physical player (not dirty) and a tremendous locker room/on-ice leader. Perhaps the word "tough" was wrong...but if he is anywhere near the player Drury was (before he checked out on us), I am all in.

I think the Sabres have some talented players, and they have some "tough" players...but they don't have a lot of guys who are both. It seems like ages since we have had a good "defensive forward". When you see them play the Bruins, the difference between the teams is night and day different. You'll likely see it tonight...assuming Lindy hasn't solved their problems on the off-day!

Edited by Buftex

Maybe the Sabres are only built to beat Boston? Wallbash! Okay... I can live with that? How many does that get us a year? ;-)

My god...the second period of this game, tonight, may have been the Sabres worst 20 minutes of hockey, all season...which is saying something. Miller has been lights-out fantastic. I know I get down on him at times (when he is cold, he is freezing), but the Bruins should have scored 5 or 6 goals in that period...this is what you call "stealing" a game. I freaked out a little, between periods, in the shoutbox.... seems like every time I write them off, they do something to lure me back in... early (12pm) game on NBC Sunday against Pittsburgh. Back to back wins against quality opponents will help me sleep a little better...

My god...the second period of this game, tonight, may have been the Sabres worst 20 minutes of hockey, all season...which is saying something. Miller has been lights-out fantastic. I know I get down on him at times (when he is cold, he is freezing), but the Bruins should have scored 5 or 6 goals in that period...this is what you call "stealing" a game. I freaked out a little, between periods, in the shoutbox.... seems like every time I write them off, they do something to lure me back in... early (12pm) game on NBC Sunday against Pittsburgh. Back to back wins against quality opponents will help me sleep a little better...

Same here! LoL... I write them off and they pull a stunt like this! I glorify them and look out, suckatude all the way! Maybe we can start talking bad early how the Pens will trash them on Sunday! ;-)

Same here! LoL... I write them off and they pull a stunt like this! I glorify them and look out, suckatude all the way! Maybe we can start talking bad early how the Pens will trash them on Sunday! ;-)

I'm in....you know its' gonna happen! :lol:

Another disappointment but could have mailed it

in and lost 4-0.

All in all a good game to watch. Sabres played with some intensity and made it competitive. As usual inability to clear the puck and horrible turnovers in our own end spell defeat. Closer then I expected.

All in all a good game to watch. Sabres played with some intensity and made it competitive. As usual inability to clear the puck and horrible turnovers in our own end spell defeat. Closer then I expected.

This is key....and where they are missing Paul Gaustad. I know it has been pointed out before...but their inability to win face-offs leaves them in the vulnerable position of having to chase after the puck most of the time...when you are always chasing, it is quite a bit more difficult to dictate play. I think the Sabres played about as well as they can today....the Pens are just that much better...the speed and intensity of this game was through the roof, particularly for an early regular season game. If you didn't see the logo on the ice, I would have sworn this game was in Pittsburgh, with the crowd reaction.

This is key....and where they are missing Paul Gaustad. I know it has been pointed out before...but their inability to win face-offs leaves them in the vulnerable position of having to chase after the puck most of the time...when you are always chasing, it is quite a bit more difficult to dictate play. I think the Sabres played about as well as they can today....the Pens are just that much better...the speed and intensity of this game was through the roof, particularly for an early regular season game. If you didn't see the logo on the ice, I would have sworn this game was in Pittsburgh, with the crowd reaction.

On the final penguins goal I said to my wife no way there are that many pens fans in the arena. The eruption from that goal only twisted the knife more.