Sabres suck too...

Dragonborn10

Besides vanek and the captain who is scoring? Kaletta is somewhat tuff but he can score. Mccormick too. I think ruff needs to go.

Well, Ennis (5) and Hodgson (5) have been scoring and Sulzer (the "throw in" in the Kassin/Hodgson deal) has three goals already...not shabby for a blue-liner. Nobody (well, few) are going to score every game, but Foligno, Ennis and Stafford line have been creating some nice chances...

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Are you 100% sure about winning. Just because he spend big money on player salaries. Doesn't make him wanting to win. Get rid of the former # 22 then i'll believe him

What else could it be then? Pegula was directly quoted as saying: "If I would have wanted to make money, I would not have bought a hockey team. I would have drilled for oil."

Again... What else is he in it for, if not winning (on ice)?

??

What else could it be then? Pegula was directly quoted as saying: "If I would have wanted to make money, I would not have bought a hockey team. I would have drilled for oil."

Again... What else is he in it for, if not winning (on ice)?

??

. How about blowing up the coach. Their going nowhere with ruff Edited by roush

. How about blowing up the coach. Their going nowhere with ruff

I agree. I guess it has to be done. There will be a certain sadness though... He has been the most stable/longest figure in Buffalo sports, even has direct lineage to the original founding franchise owners and players. Kinda of a hard dream... But maybe step down and stay with the organization. Though that is impossible I suppose.

You would think ruff is a miracle worker. It's time to evaluate why their always spinning their wheels. I never get attached to players or coaches.

He kinda is. IMO, I don't think anybody could have got the production out of the past rosters Lindy had... He literally would ride those kids and drive wins outta them. It just isn't working anymore. He is a vet killer.

LoL

My mother, God rest her soul, passed away back in 1999. Yes 1999... For some reason, something bothered her about LR! LoL. Maybe she was on to something... And it took us this long to figure it out!

Funny, while I can't really remember why anymore, I really disliked him as a player. I don't want to dump on him too hard...the first half of his coaching career in Buffalo was pretty great...

...the first half of his coaching career in Buffalo was pretty great...

That's a long time ago. His last success was 1-2 years after the last lock-out. I think LR's biggest flaw is he kills offensive creativity. He wants his players to be like he was 30 years ago. Tight defensively and wait for a scoring chance. That doesn't work today

Funny, while I can't really remember why anymore, I really disliked him as a player. I don't want to dump on him too hard...the first half of his coaching career in Buffalo was pretty great...

Yeah... I don't know what it was. I really didn't give too much thought about him as a player. He did stand up to Billy Smith in that playoff game as a rookie. My mother passed away BEFORE the Stanley Cup and the No Goal incident... It was something that aggrivated her about him! LoL

As a player... Didn't he play both forward and defense? You would think he has a firm grasp of every aspect of the game. He did learn under Bowman too!

That's a long time ago. His last success was 1-2 years after the last lock-out. I think LR's biggest flaw is he kills offensive creativity. He wants his players to be like he was 30 years ago. Tight defensively and wait for a scoring chance. That doesn't work today

I hear that said all the time, but I don't buy it. Post lock-out (the first one), when Ruff's teams have been at their best, they play a very wide-open style, and his "system" encourages a lot of gambling by the defense, in the offensive zone. It is no coincidence that the most success he has had as a head coach are when Hasek was here, and when Ryan Miller had MVP like seasons. The way people talk about Ruff, you would think the Sabres play the New Jersey Devils style of grinding, trap, hockey. I don't think he is as conservative as some label him.

This team sucks. They may be in worse shape than the Bills as far as roster and coaching although ill concede that Miller can be outstanding at times and is much better than what the Bills have at QB. We have 1 legit scorer and a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners. The "core" of this team is garbage. Why guys like Hecht and Stafford still see ice time is mind boggling.

I'd keep hodgson, vanek, ott, ennis, Greigs. Foligno is a toss up. The rest of the forwards can take a hike pommers included. Absolute joke of a captain.

Defensively I don't know where to even start as it seems like each night someone different stands out as awful. How far has Myers fallen in 2 years? Overall very depressing, I think the Sabres are a long ways or ungodly amounts of luck away from cup contention.

Holy crap. I think we got your point the first 25 times you posted it. :wacko:

roush is a little negative huh? :lol:

For the record, his drum beat is starting to sink in...what a depressing game tonight..to think I stayed up late to watch it! I am such a sucker...glad Center Ice was only 59.99 this year! :cry:

No, his biggest flaw is that he has had Regier as a GM the entire time.

Why do people expect that the results on the ice are going to be so different every year when the GM makes so few roster changes. In the last year they moved a forward who was supposed to provide toughness for a young Centre with first line potential because we were very low on quality centres. Then in the offseason they move their #1 centre to get a 3rd line forward whose supposed to bring toughness because they are desperate for toughness, and the only other moves involve bringing in a 4th line enforcer and a depth defencemen whos in the AHL. How many times in Regiers tenure in Buffalo can you say they have completly overhauled the roster? How many times has he been aggressive and made a big move to change the team? All of his moves seem to be timid and to try and make him look like a genius by stealing away some diamond in the rough. How many players has Ruff "ruined" while they were here that once they got away from Ruff an d his system, have flourished into anything more then ok role players on another team?

Holy crap. I think we got your point the first 25 times you posted it. :wacko:

their a joke.

roush is a little negative huh? :lol:

For the record, his drum beat is starting to sink in...what a depressing game tonight..to think I stayed up late to watch it! I am such a sucker...glad Center Ice was only 59.99 this year! :cry:

. Been following for 42 years have you. What is new here with this group?

What are the positives here vanek and who? Tell me then. Negative that what i see here.