Jamarcus Russell Making a Comeback

It hurts, peeps. Just like VY and Tjax, It serves as a distraction from actually finding our own capable, competent QB of the future.

He's lost 12 lbs from 320 to 308? Some driven. Get down to playing weight and stay there for 6 months and get taken more seriously.

I'm just shaking my head. I get that we want a QB. I want a QB. Why we continue to lust after everyone's discards to the point of looking for "the biggest bust of all time" has me totally puzzled.

Maybe we should bring Ryan Leaf in for a workout, doesn't hurt.

I have to agree with you Hopeful, for people to keep lusting over everyones scraps is lunacy. I'm as puzzled as you, make it stop! :wallbash:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you Hopeful, for people to keep lusting over everyones scraps is lunacy. I'm as puzzled as you, make it stop! :wallbash:

No one is lusting over the scraps here, the question was asked by the OP of "Would you bring him in for a tryout?"

For those that are a little slow, they can bring him in for a tryout like they do with many players not under a contract and take a look at them without having to offer them a contract or pay them. If you don't like what you see, you say thanks for coming, have a nice flight home.

No one is saying sign the guy and don't look anywhere else, make him the #1! People are just saying they would be willing to take a look at him in a tryout. Of course that would make it harder for eveyone to cry about later on how the front office is so incompetent for not considering him if he gets picked up and has a decent outing one day.............

I, for one, am not lusting, just saying he is worth a look. Do I expect that he'll become the second coming of *place whatever comeback player you wish*, no, but you never know. Doesn't hurt to leave "no stone unturned".

No one is lusting over the scraps here, the question was asked by the OP of "Would you bring him in for a tryout?"

For those that are a little slow, they can bring him in for a tryout like they do with many players not under a contract and take a look at them without having to offer them a contract or pay them. If you don't like what you see, you say thanks for coming, have a nice flight home.

No one is saying sign the guy and don't look anywhere else, make him the #1! People are just saying they would be willing to take a look at him in a tryout. Of course that would make it harder for eveyone to cry about later on how the front office is so incompetent for not considering him if he gets picked up and has a decent outing one day.............

/thread

Look, this is the same scouting staff that allowed Gailey to go forward with Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm, and Fitz. Let Gailey proceed with Fitz then brought in Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson. Then passed over Kaepernick, Dalton, Wilson. I wouldn't trust them to evaluate my dogs. Hopefully Doug Marrone knows what he is doing!

The Raiders (the now departed Mr Al Davis) were always enamored with QB's with big arms that could throw the length of the football field. The fact that this man was drafted with the #1 overall pick doesn't necessarily mean he is worth a damn. Some QB's out there drafted #1 overall and sucked.. David Carr, Tim Couch, Jeff George.

QB David Carr is currently on the NY Giants roster as a back up. He was drafted #1 overall in 2002. Should the Bills make a trade because he is a former #1 overall?

Why are some Bills fans even debating this subject? This man has enormous red flags and sirens screaming "stay away" with a drug addiction history and gambling addiction problems to even look at him. What does it say about the mentality of people that would condone this type of behavior in any walk of life much less a highly paid professional athlete?

Edited by FeartheLosing

Speaking about yourself, huh?

Let me refresh your memory. Russell is the biggest bust ever in the NFL. Maybe if you were a little more up to speed you would have known that. The guy is a never was, period! When he did play, he was horrible. He is a head case, he is fat, he is lazy, he's basically useless. He was not a good QB, and you want to give him a shot. Really!

The Bills are not bringing in any QB other than the one they draft this year. They are not bringing in some other teams clipboard holder or some FA bum who has been out of the league for years. It isn't happening. Marrone is not hitching his wagon to that. He is going to hitch it to someone in this draft, you can count on that.

I am completely dumbfounded by the thought process of a lot of Bills fans, it really is puzzling.

I'm of the opinion that you "take a look" at every option on the table.

Do I think his results would be good? Nope. But never know.

you dont draw the line anywhere? having seen years of his play in better shape and without a 3 year hiatus doesnt qualify as the look having been taken already?

Speaking about yourself, huh?

Let me refresh your memory. Russell is the biggest bust ever in the NFL. Maybe if you were a little more up to speed you would have known that. The guy is a never was, period! When he did play, he was horrible. He is a head case, he is fat, he is lazy, he's basically useless. He was not a good QB, and you want to give him a shot. Really!

The Bills are not bringing in any QB other than the one they draft this year. They are not bringing in some other teams clipboard holder or some FA bum who has been out of the league for years. It isn't happening. Marrone is not hitching his wagon to that. He is going to hitch it to someone in this draft, you can count on that.

I am completely dumbfounded by the thought process of a lot of Bills fans, it really is puzzling.

How do you know all of this?

You know what dumbfounds me? People who put their opinions online as if they're facts while making a miserable attempt at insulting somenoe else.

Newsflash lunchbox, you don't know ****.

Sometimes I'd swear these threads have ten different crayonz impersonators trying to stir the pot.

Jamarcus Russell?? :lol:

Hey, I hear Ryan Leaf is really working out hard in prison and looking for another shot. Can't hurt to give him a chance, right?

Sometimes I'd swear these threads have ten different crayonz impersonators trying to stir the pot.

Jamarcus Russell?? :lol:

Hey, I hear Ryan Leaf is really working out hard in prison and looking for another shot. Can't hurt to give him a chance, right?

HBO could do a spinoff of Hard Knocks meets the Longest Yard at St. John Fisher. It'll be amazing.

HBO could do a spinoff of Hard Knocks meets the Longest Yard at St. John Fisher. It'll be amazing.

Maybe they could invite Jeff George to run a try-out camp for wayward QBs. Then we could have the TBD braintrust vote one off each week of training camp. What's the downside?!?

DING!!

Maybe they could invite Jeff George to run a try-out camp for wayward QBs. Then we could have the TBD braintrust vote one off each week of training camp. What's the downside?!?

DING!!

lets get Art Schlister down here too