ESPN has Fitz on the cut list..... Set to make 10.3 million...

mellaman101

From ESPN insider if you dont have it guys... Enjoy!

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills ($10.4 million)

When Buffalo GM Buddy Nix looks back on his career, his signing of Fitzpatrick to a long-term deal won't be viewed as one of his masterstrokes. The faith showed in Fitzpatrick was misplaced, but despite the upcoming cap hit, Nix at least had enough foresight to ensure cutting Fitzpatrick wouldn't be a tricky maneuver.

While the Bills don't appear to be in a position to find their franchise quarterback, the past season and a half has shown them that Fitzpatrick isn't that guy. Despite having the sixth-highest percentage of passes attempted within 2.5 seconds of the snap, he managed only the 24th-ranked adjusted accuracy percentage while a staggering 53.2 percent of his yards came after the catch (ranking third in the league).

It's not that he was gun shy, as a respectable 10.1 percent of all attempts were aimed 20-plus yards in the air. It's that he couldn't connect, with an abysmal 27.5 adjusted accuracy percentage that was second lowest in the league.

If nothing else, Fitzpatrick will stand as a reminder to teams not to pay the bill before the food arrives.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd lowest accuracy on passes 20+ yards??? Who was last? That guy needs to be cut immediately.

Fitz: 9 of 42 21.4%

Ponder: 5 of 32 15.6%

Sanchez: 14 of 42 32.6%

Edited by Dibs

2nd lowest accuracy on passes 20+ yards??? Who was last? That guy needs to be cut immediately.

Who was last?? Jamarcus Russell probably and he was only on there by mistake.

I agree..we need to start from scratch..new offense, new schemes, new QB, utilize your weapons and execute each play with perfection.

Who was last?? Jamarcus Russell probably and he was only on there by mistake.

I agree..we need to start from scratch..new offense, new schemes, new QB, utilize your weapons and execute each play with perfection.

Ponder 15.6%

Roasted broiled or fried crow ?

gently toasted, marinated in dove sh*t, and served with ostrich eggs, please.

I think the organization acts like they're at Golden Corrale, looks at what is on the plate, looks at Fitz, looks back at the plate, says "hmm, I don't really any vegetables on here." Then, they make a little bit of room, and put a few peas on the plate.

if Fitz fits in Marrone's offense keeping him is a no brainer. sounds like TJ is a better fit than Fitz but what do I know. Bills will draft Wilson or Nassib and groom them to start in 2014 if TJ works out. Wilson/Nassib start in 2013 if TJ doesn't. i don't see a FA QB coming here.