Wes Welker's wife went in on Ray Ray on her Facebook

Hater

To Lewis's credit, there are no reports of him being ANYTHING BUT an outstanding father. Taking care of his kids directly (not just leaving it to a random baby-mama). Heck, the MAIN REASON he is retiring is because his oldest son is starting college football next year and Ray wants to be at all the games!

What a monster!

Well I don't know if he is a good father or not. It is admirable that he wants to spend time down @ the U watching his son play football, but that hardly makes him father of the year. The majority of fathers on this board would give their left nut to have their son play major D-1 football & would do anything in their power to go watch every game their son plays in college.

Lastly, it may had been part of the reason he is retiring, but my better guess is he is retiring because his body is broken down & he can't play to the level he is accustomed to. Have you watched him lately, the guy stinks & he is a liability on that defense.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guy is not a good human.............football player? yea.........human no.

Yet I can confidently say without having ever met you that he does more for people in one year than you will do for others in your entire life...so does that make you even worse of a human?

I mean this statement is so absurd and unfounded.

Yet I can confidently say without having ever met you that he does more for people in one year than you will do for others in your entire life...so does that make you even worse of a human?

I mean this statement is so absurd and unfounded.

And he is in a position to be able to do all this charity work. I don't think there is anyone on this board that makes close to what Lewis does in a year, and gets months of time free to be able to devote time to doing charity work. Most of us make a fraction of his wage over multiple years, and have to work 40+ hours a week, every week every year.

Sure he could do nothing and just collect his checks, giving nothing back, but how many athletes do that? Most teams require they do charity work and work in their community. His charity work could be genuine, but it could also be because he feels guilt over his past, he is required to do it in his contract and being in the NFL, or as a way to get tax breaks and to help himself financially.

didnt know that about Vince.

I never said that Welker had any ties or was a fan of Buffalo either.

Yes I believe the designer of that shirt was thinking about Buffalo Bills when they designed it. It's got a standing buffalo and its our team colors. Everyone in the US that watches football would agree with that most likely. It would be like seeing a Pittsburgh t shirt that was black and yellow. Or a Cleveland t shirt that was Brown and Orange. Or maybe Oakland with Silver and Black. It's no coincidence. What is odd is why he's wearing it. As Buffalo is not a big destination city nor is it a popular choice for the cities name on any apparel.

It clearly wasnt a t shirt about Buffaloes. Or it wouldn't have been in those colors. And that's why it's odd that he's wearing it.

Nothing to see here folks. Quick google search pulls this up - Sportique Apparel Company - the shirt says the fictional Tempe Arizona Buffaloes. The Buffalo looks to be Sportique's logo. While you and I would probably think twice about wearing a shirt of that could remotely be construed as looking like a division rival, I think a lot of these guys aren't bright enough to think that way.

Although the Bills may have a copyright infringement case on their hands, if they knew...

T-Shirt: http://www.sportiqe.com/wp-content/gallery/collections/SPORTIQE-GALLERY-EASTON.jpg

Sportique Apparel Company: http://www.sportiqe.com/collections/

Edited by TheLynchTrain

Nothing to see here folks. Quick google search pulls this up - Sportique Apparel Company - the shirt says the fictional Tempe Arizona Buffaloes. The Buffalo looks to be Sportique's logo. While you and I would probably think twice about wearing a shirt of that could remotely be construed as looking like a division rival, I think a lot of these guys aren't bright enough to think that way.

Although the Bills may have a copyright infringement case on their hands, if they knew...

T-Shirt: http://www.sportiqe....LERY-EASTON.jpg

Sportique Apparel Company: http://www.sportiqe.com/collections/

It is questionable, I agree. They may already have some agreements in place, based on the NBA/College teams, ESPN, and other company logos. But the "Buffaloes" shirt is the only one I notice that could be NFL related. Unless there is a team in Arizona called the Buffaloes. This was the only one I could find. Does their logo look familar?

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/tempe-buffaloes-(tempe,az)/basketball/home.htm

It is questionable, I agree. They may already have some agreements in place, based on the NBA/College teams, ESPN, and other company logos. But the "Buffaloes" shirt is the only one I notice that could be NFL related. Unless there is a team in Arizona called the Buffaloes. This was the only one I could find. Does their logo look familar?

http://www.maxpreps....etball/home.htm

Or the Howard University Bison?

HowardBison.png

IMHO, there are no grounds for an infringement case in the Sportige shirt example. It is not a standing Buffalo, and it isnt a charging Buffalo. It's running/walking red Buffalo. No biggie.

Edited by DrDareustein

HowardBison.png

IMHO, there are no grounds for an infringement case in the Sportige shirt example. It is not a standing Buffalo, and it isnt a charging Buffalo. It's running/walking red Buffalo. No biggie.

Howard University founded in 1867

Buffalo Bills founded in 1960

Who would be infringing upon whom? If there was any infringement that is. Would have been addressed by now if that were in fact the case.

HowardBison.png

i just thought it was odd that this guy that plays for a division rival would even wear a shirt that might be confused with a rival teams shirt.

Ill move along now.

Howard University founded in 1867

Buffalo Bills founded in 1960

Who would be infringing upon whom? If there was any infringement that is. Would have been addressed by now if that were in fact the case.

Are you implying that the University drew that exact design in 1867?... :blink:

I'm about 70% sure that they adopted it in the late-70s, with permission from Ralph, but can't find much info about it out there. I wouldnt put it past Ralph to steal it from Howard, he is cheap afterall, but I dont think that is the case here.

Edit: The first instance I can find that Howard has the logo on their helmets is 2002. Update: 1984

Edit 2: Jack Kemp was on Howard's Board of Trustees up until his death in 2009, so...

i just thought it was odd that this guy that plays for a division rival would even wear a shirt that might be confused with a rival teams shirt.

Ill move along now.

Haha, I feel ya. It is definitely weird. Welker HAD to have looked at that shirt at some point and think it was a Bills shirt, right?

Maybe he just doesnt care and liked the design. Most of these players (and most folks in general) dont have team dedication like we do. I know some dudes that would wear any shirt from any team without thinking much about it.

Im moving along as well :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

I think Howard had a couple top ten finishes back in the 1860s. Might have played in a Sugar Bowl too.

:lol: Pretty good. Had to laugh at that one.

Are you implying that the University drew that exact design in 1867?... :blink:

I'm about 70% sure that they adopted it in the late-70s, with permission from Ralph, but can't find much info about it out there. I wouldnt put it past Ralph to steal it from Howard, he is cheap afterall, but I dont think that is the case here.

Edit: The first instance I can find that Howard has the logo on their helmets is 2002. Update: 1984

Edit 2: Jack Kemp was on Howard's Board of Trustees up until his death in 2009, so...

Haha, I feel ya. It is definitely weird. Welker HAD to have looked at that shirt at some point and think it was a Bills shirt, right?

Maybe he just doesnt care and liked the design. Most of these players (and most folks in general) dont have team dedication like we do. I know some dudes that would wear any shirt from any team without thinking much about it.

Im moving along as well :thumbsup:

The Kemp Bills-Howard connection makes sense. Thanks for the insight.