God's Team: Ray Lewis vs Tim Tebow - same or different?

WotAGuy

Watching Ray Lewis at the end of the game last night, kneeling on the field - butt crack showing and dozens of photographers surrounding him in a circle - and then listening to him talk about God....well, it seemed a bit "over the top" to me.

But then I started thinking maybe it's not all that different than what Tebow does, in terms of how Tim presents his faith in God on the field and in interviews.

To me, my faith and my relationship with God are intensely personal and intimate, but I understand not everyone feels that way.

So, I'm interested in people's opinions about their reaction to Ray Lewis' post-game actions/words on his faith, and how that compares to people's perceptions about Tim Tebow's actions/words on his faith.

This is strictly related to how they present this to the public as part of their football (professional) personas.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One is a murderer, the other does charity.

Guess who the media portrays in a better perspective

When wrong ir right and right is wrong, as this country has streamlined to in the last few decades, your opine is exactly what happens.

When your wrong and others follow suit in your wrongness your post is exactly what happens....

I don't think either of them need to apologize for their beliefs. There faith is strong and they want to share it. You can agree or disagree with them. I'm Christian and happy that they have such strong beliefs and don't hide from them regardless of persecution for their beliefs.

Intimate and personal, good for you. Say for a moment everyone kept their faith as you do, intimate and personal. What happens then?

As a man who believes that Jesus is the Son of God, came in the flesh, and died and rose again for all humanity I agree. I am open to those I come in contact with on a daily basis by my lifestyle that I love all that He has done for me. I am happy he is happy and thanking God. I dont know the mans heart and cant judge him personally. The problem I have is with the grandstanders in public and behind the pulpit that live contrary to what they preach . live it or shut up is my feeling.

As a man who believes that Jesus is the Son of God, came in the flesh, and died and rose again for all humanity I agree. I am open to those I come in contact with on a daily basis by my lifestyle that I love all that He has done for me. I am happy he is happy and thanking God. I dont know the mans heart and cant judge him personally. The problem I have is with the grandstanders in public and behind the pulpit that live contrary to what they preach . live it or shut up is my feeling.

Amen brother, what's the old saying, I belive from the Bible, don't let the left hand know what good deads the right one has done.

Another words, when you do or think good deeds, do them and STFU!