God's Team: Ray Lewis vs Tim Tebow - same or different?

WotAGuy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are just my feelings. I have no evidence of anything being factual. They're feelings and I'm not implying that I'm right or wrong:

I think Ray Lewis is a murderer.

I think Ray Lewis' faith is genuine and sincere.

I think Ray Lewis' display at the end of the game was real and unplanned.

I think Ray Lewis is the posterboy (boy is not being used as a racial slur, so relax) for "teammate."

I think Tim Tebow is a fake.

I think Tim Tebow uses the camera to spread his gospel the same way a televangalist does .. just with less words.

I don't think Tim Tebow cares about anyone or anything but himself, his family and his personal achievements.

I don't think Tim Tebow cares about winning football games.

I think every single thing Tim Tebow does when the camera is on him is planned and he waits to do nearly everything until he knows the camera is on him.

Those are just my thoughts. And I'm glad neither is a Bill and I pray to MY God that neither ever is.

Tremendous post. I agree with everything you said. Although I think Ray Lewis is a nutjob and his act is beyond played out, I can't help but think it is in fact sincere. And Tebow praises God when he wins and when he loses- like the game at Buffalo last year- he says, "Oh well, there are far more important things than football. Football is just a game. Spreading the gospel is way more important, etc." Suffice it to say, football is clearly not just a game to Ray Lewis. And that's the type of attitude I want on my football team.