Tom Brady's Sissy Kick

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty obvious Brady was trying to kick Ed Reed while sliding.

I thought that was a penalty as I watched it live. Reply comfirmed it. I was screaming at the TV like I was watching a bills game lol.

The things the refs let go while in Boston for the Pats is amazing, and the list of things continues to grow.

105888342.gif

PTR

I don't even see how it is possible that someone believes that Tom Brady did not intentionally kick Ed Reed.

Granted, there are times when clips like that are optical illusions, and different angles SEEM to show conflicting results. But this one looked like a kick live, looked like a kick from start to finish, and looked like a kick in that.

Think people are overreacting here. He had a 300 pound monster barreling in on him. The chance of him getting seriously hurt from that move was substantially higher than the defender.

hah? ed reed was coming at him and as girly tommy slid to the ground............he pulls a ty cobb and tries to kick Ed in the leg...........very uncalled for.

I don't even see how it is possible that someone believes that Tom Brady did not intentionally kick Ed Reed.

Granted, there are times when clips like that are optical illusions, and different angles SEEM to show conflicting results. But this one looked like a kick live, looked like a kick from start to finish, and looked like a kick in that.

at least it looks like he stepped on his arm...had to leave a mark! a cleat for a cleat.

Article 16: Illegal Cut Block. See Rule 8, Section 4, Article 5. Section 3 Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Article 1: Prohibited Acts. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

(a) Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.

(b) Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.

© Using baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.

(d) Prolonged or excessive celebrations or demonstrations by an individual player. Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground. A celebration or demonstration shall be deemed excessive or prolonged if a player continues to celebrate or demonstrate after a warning from an official.

(e) Two or more players engaging in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations or demonstrations.

(f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game on the field or the sideline, or using the ball as a prop.

(g) Unnecessary physical contact with a game official.

(h) Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player.

Exceptions: It is not a foul if:

I. a timeout has been called for reasons of injury, television break, or charged team timeout; or

II. it is between periods.

Note 1: Under no condition is an official to allow a player to shove, push, or strike him in an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike manner. Any such action must be reported to the Commissioner.

OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 70

From the NFL rule book. I believe section a. makes it pretty clear.

Actually, there are three violations that should have resulted in a penalty:

1) the kick to Ed Reed's groin area

2) you may have noticed after a play where Brady quickly ran over to something on the ground and picked it up and put it in his pouch. It was presumably a handwarmer and not part of the uniform (hence a penalty)

3) after his interception in the middle of the field he took his helmet off completely (not just shoving it up to his ears like Fergie used to do)..this is also a violation.

No flags for any.

Actually, there are three violations that should have resulted in a penalty:

1) the kick to Ed Reed's groin area

2) you may have noticed after a play where Brady quickly ran over to something on the ground and picked it up and put it in his pouch. It was presumably a handwarmer and not part of the uniform (hence a penalty)

3) after his interception in the middle of the field he took his helmet off completely (not just shoving it up to his ears like Fergie used to do)..this is also a violation.

No flags for any.

Brady gets special treatment. It was obvious yesterday.

Remember the game against the Bills a few years ago when Brady threw an interception, he was half heatedly running toward the interceptor, when one of the Bills blocked him by pushing him on the shoulder. Result was roughness penalty.

Once Brady hits the ground, the play is over. His kicking Reed on the play is technically no different from him sliding, getting up and attempting to kick Reed while he was on the ground. In any case, it was not determinative in the outcome of the game so I'm good with a call or no call here.

More importantly, it does show the fear that Brady was feeling during that game. That bodes well for a more aggressive Bills defense that tries to pound the Patsies on every play when they play next year.

Brady gets special treatment. It was obvious yesterday.

Remember the game against the Bills a few years ago when Brady threw an interception, he was half heatedly running toward the interceptor, when one of the Bills blocked him by pushing him on the shoulder. Result was roughness penalty.

It's borderline insanity how Pats* games are reffed, especially in Foxboro. It's gotten like the NBA, where superstar players and teams get preferential treatment. Some people will say "Well if you want the calls to go your way, play better!" That's all well and good but it doesn't mean it's not bullsh*t. Refs are there to be as objective as possible, and I for one preferred the replacement refs. They were not nearly as bad as people made them out to be and were actually less biased. This is likely why they got run out--the "better" teams--who have built relationships with the refs over the years--weren't able to lean on this. If they hadn't blown the Sea/GB game, I think they should have stayed.

I almost smashed my computer screen watching the second Bills/Pats* game. Somewhere around 110 yds -- 30 yds in penalties in the FIRST HALF?? Ended up around 135-65 or something. Just utter bullsh*t. 3 PI calls put the cheaters on the f*ckin goal line, 2 of which were phantom calls and one that was an uncatchable ball.

Gailey was right about how fine the line was between us being 10-6 and 6-10. A lot of it was his fault, and that of his coaching staff. But jeeeze, we got so screwed in that game and others. The 'bad' teams get f*cked over by the refs constantly.

It looked to me like he was clearly trying to kick Ed Reed, as it turns out right in the knee. If he had made better contact, he might have caused some real damage.

It was very unsportsmanlike. In fact, you might call it unsportsmanlike conduct. 15 yards.

Personally, I call it a puss move. I wanted Baltimore to b!tch slap Brady so badly after that, and they came through. What a great day. Sabers beat the Flyers, and the Pats* get slapped out of the playoffs at home. Then I get to have dinner and see a movie with my wife. Could that be scripted any better?

Ah two out of three ain't bad.

this is kinda off Topic but ever notice Tom Brady escapes all blame I was watching ESPN & they said basically Brady wasn't to Blame & put blame on Wes Welker dropped 1st down & that's twice now in big games Welker has taking blame for Brady's mistakes & to a man everyone at ESPN said Brady's Slide wasn't dirty though they liken it to Ty Cobb

By definition is a slide with the foot up fall under the definition of a kick? I'm not denying it was a cheap move but not sure the refs missed a call there.

In baseball we call it "spiking." I played catcher and third base and have scars on the side of each leg from getting spiked by sliding runners. Kicking, spiking, slide tackling, whatever the semantics debate settles on, a dirty play is a dirty play.

In baseball we call it "spiking." I played catcher and third base and have scars on the side of each leg from getting spiked by sliding runners. Kicking, spiking, slide tackling, whatever the semantics debate settles on, a dirty play is a dirty play.

In baseball, that is considered a part of the game and a good, hard-nosed play by pretty much everyone except catchers and second/third basemen getting spiked. In football, it's cheap and illegal and considered as such by pretty much everyone except Patriot fans.

I agree with it being cheap but...

But when it comes to flags, and fines it can make a big difference.

In baseball, that is considered a part of the game and a good, hard-nosed play by pretty much everyone except catchers and second/third basemen getting spiked. In football, it's cheap and illegal and considered as such by pretty much everyone except Patriot fans.

Yep. It's a maneuver to break up a play that everyone is prepared for. No one is prepared for a sliding QB to give himself up, protecting himself from being able to get hit, and then kicking a defender in the junk.

I agree with it being cheap but...

But when it comes to flags, and fines it can make a big difference.

They can't go out of their way to protect defenseless players from cheapshots in one instance, and then do nothing about it in others. It destroys credibility.

A pop-up slide or running into the catcher, yes, leading with the spikes, no. It's illegal interference and can lead to being called out. No matter the sport, it's leading with the feet with the intent to injure and a dirty play. Brady's a b*tch and Ty Cobb was too. :)

A pop-up slide or running into the catcher, yes, leading with the spikes, no. It's illegal interference and can lead to being called out. No matter the sport, it's leading with the feet with the intent to injure and a dirty play. Brady's a b*tch and Ty Cobb was too. :)

Cobb was also a racist. At least Brady is just a douche.

Yeah... But still, if Brady pulled that move in baseball, it is still dirty... He threw his leg up in the air while Reed was going high to avoid him. Now, if it was part of the slide going low while Reed was going low, good hard nosed play... Even in football.

I mean... WTF was Tommy Boy doing there... Suh should be livid that he gets slack for the stomp...