Tom Brady's Sissy Kick

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did that kick at the end of the play NOT get flagged?

And what was that??? What a sissy kick.

It's like "Hey man, I'll do anything not to get hit, including kicking and tripping you."

Congrats to Baltimore for manhandling the Patriots.

Honest question: what's the penalty? I've never seen a raised leg called on a slide.

Honest question: what's the penalty? I've never seen a raised leg called on a slide.

I would say personal foul, unnecessary roughness. I'm not sure about the rule book, but that's the type of play that gets fined by the league. Not in this case, of course....

I know I know ... seems like unsportmanlike conduct, but you are right, not technically a penalty.

I think it's technically a penalty.

The point of a QB slide is the quarterback "gives himself up" by sliding feet-first and the ball is considered "down by contact"

The defender can be penalized if he could reasonably avoid hitting the QB (hasn't "committed himself" prior to the slide). I don't see why the offensive player shouldn't be penalized for unnecessarily hitting a defensive player after he's "given himself up" and the play is over (ie raising his leg to kick)

I'm fairly sure the Ravens found it motivational though

It was pretty obvious Brady was trying to kick Ed Reed while sliding.

So your the ref- you throw the flag and then what's the call you make?

I would say personal foul, unnecessary roughness. I'm not sure about the rule book, but that's the type of play that gets fined by the league. Not in this case, of course....

What other similar plays were fined?

So your the ref- you throw the flag and then what's the call you make?

What other similar plays were fined?

Cheap shot plays intended to do nothing but hurt the opposing players. Diving into knees, stepping on hands, you can look up fined cheap shots if you want to. I've already answered what I think the penalty would be called. Obviously you don't agree, easier to just say so, don't you think?

Cheap shot plays intended to do nothing but hurt the opposing players. Diving into knees, stepping on hands, you can look up fined cheap shots if you want to. I've already answered what I think the penalty would be called. Obviously you don't agree, easier to just say so, don't you think?

The first half was directed at promo asking his call. Lots of people calling for a flag but I haven't seen any consensus on what, if any, penalty is called. I genuinely don't know the rule book cover to cover here, and haven't seen a penalty ever discussed for a qb on a slide.

The fine question I think is a fair one to know what you are equating it to

Edited by NoSaint

He's a great QB but Brady has always been a kitty. He could have run for a first on that 4th and 4 when they still had a chance but he was scared of getting hit.

To be fair, he saw an open man in the end zone and threw it in. If you see that kind of opening, you take the chance every time. You get a TD with the play instead of a first down.

Has any of the Patriots complained yet about the missed first down because the referee was in Tom Brady's path. That had to suck.

The first half was directed at promo asking his call. Lots of people calling for a flag but I haven't seen any consensus on what, if any, penalty is called. I genuinely don't know the rule book cover to cover here, and haven't seen a penalty ever discussed for a qb on a slide.

The fine question I think is a fair one to know what you are equating it to

Click the link and do a search for: "Kicking or kneeing opponent"

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2012%20-%20Rule%20Book.pdf