Pats: Bad winners, even worse losers

Living in New England I have been dealing with New England fans my whole life. It's aweful. There are plenty of die hard New England fans, but there is an incredible amount of NE fans that are blind to anything beyond NE sports. No matter who any NE team picks up every fan thinks that this guy is going to put them over the edge. They are so ignorant to the reality of the sports themselves. Obviously not all of them but there is an over abundance of ingnorant sports fans in NE.

Being in NE for so long I've come to the realization that I hate patriots fans the most because they love to be hated. When they win they enjoy it more because they think everyone hates them and when they lose they just talk about all the "HATERS". So as far as I can see the fans always win cause win or lose I still hate the pats!!!!!!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I

I strongly disagree. Like many fans I like/admire others winning teams, like the Steelers and Ravens and Packers. It's the cheating and sore loser attitude (and their insufferably arrogant coach and fans) that make me loathe them. I suspect I'm not alone in that...

To be honest, there are several dubious question marks on those Steelers 4 super bowls...There was rampant allegation of heavy steroid use by the Steelers.

Im non biased... I hate the Pats win or lose

+1

As a Bills fan I have to admit the hate I have for the Pats is pure jealousy. I hated the Dolphins in the 80's when they beat us 20 times in a row. I hate Saban and Alabama for beating Notre Dame and creating a dynasty. I hated Urban Meyer at Florida for the same thing. I hated Jimmy Johnson when Dallas beat us twice in the SB. When you peel away the angst it is just jealousy. I admit it. I am not overly proud of it but watching Buffalo lose 4 SB's and the Sabres lose the cup you just loathe others success. Does anyone else feel this way?

I don't hate the team, But I really do hate Billicheat and Brady...Billicheats attitudes towards the media and everyone that's not a Patriot it just not sportsmanship...he treats everyone as if they're not good enough to associate with him...hate the guy

looks as if other players and ex-players don't feel to good about Billicheat and the Pats* either :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/20/terrell-suggs-tears-into-patriots/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/20/sharpe-rips-belichick-for-declining-post-game-interview/

In other news, Ray Lewis looks SO slow out there, I felt bad for the guy, he's got nothing left in the tank.

He does look slow, but oddly still effective. If anyone should've been able to take advantage of him it was NE with their passing game over the middle. I think he's doing it with mirrors. Maybe SF speed will expose him.

EDIT: I should add, the Packers, Steelers, Giants et al have not dominated even remotely as the Pats have dominated. 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 years to begin their dynasty is more dominant than any team since the AFL-NFL merger.

Aikmans cowboys won 3 of 4 SB's

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Brady has made 5 head coaches in this league. Crennel, Belichick, Mangini, McDaniel and Weiss, all losing NFL head coaches without Tom on their team, all fired from their first head coaching jobs in the NFL. With Brady on their team they get called genius. Hilarious.

As much as I hate the guy, it's amazing how one lucky pick can transform not just a team but the landscape of the whole freaking league.

so very very true

I have to admit, there was a smile on my face watching Brady walk off the field moping and Belichick's interaction with Harbaugh. I can't wait until Buffalo rises once again to watch this same reaction from Brady from a Bills trouncing.

+1

As a Bills fan I have to admit the hate I have for the Pats is pure jealousy. I hated the Dolphins in the 80's when they beat us 20 times in a row. I hate Saban and Alabama for beating Notre Dame and creating a dynasty. I hated Urban Meyer at Florida for the same thing. I hated Jimmy Johnson when Dallas beat us twice in the SB. When you peel away the angst it is just jealousy. I admit it. I am not overly proud of it but watching Buffalo lose 4 SB's and the Sabres lose the cup you just loathe others success. Does anyone else feel this way?

Yes, many of us I am sure do. for example, I am split with my allegiances in hockey between the Sabres and the Penguins.

I live in Pittsburgh now, but was born in Buffalo. I really did not get into hockey all that much in Buffalo, I was 10 when we moved.

So i basically grew up on the Pens, but I root harder for the Sabres, and this isn't going to change until we get a cup. Now in Football,

for me, it's all Bills, all the time.

I respect Brady but I have no use for Belichick. He is a cheater the same as Lance was. But you have sycophants like Peter King that drool on his every word and are amazed at his copy of Art of War on his library shelf. He sucked in Cleveland and he hasn't won anything without cheating. Yes they are still a very good team but you can't change the fact they have zero championships w/o knowing what the defense was going to do pre-snap.

Remind me again, what was Marv's record as HC of KC?

Ehhh... I feel the exact opposite in regard to Brady and Belichick. Yes they have zero championshiips since spygate but they still have been one of the more dominant teams in the league. Belichick can make the most out of fringe players and maximize every draft pick. I'm not sure how most players are after they leave a team in free agency, but I can't name one former Patriot that went on to succeed on the next team.

Also in regard to Brady, Belichick took a team that was 18-1 the year before, subtract Brady, and still made it to 11-5 with a guy that didn't take a snap since high school. Colts without Manning? 2-14. Brady would probably have an SB ring and make the HoF w/o Belichick but would not be the same player he is today.

I agree that Belichick doesn't deserve the sycophants bc of his base lack of sportsmanship, but I'm inclined to give him some credit for what he has done in NE.

I don't hate the team, But I really do hate Billicheat and Brady...Billicheats attitudes towards the media and everyone that's not a Patriot it just not sportsmanship...he treats everyone as if they're not good enough to associate with him...hate the guy

looks as if other players and ex-players don't feel to good about Billicheat and the Pats* either :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/20/terrell-suggs-tears-into-patriots/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/20/sharpe-rips-belichick-for-declining-post-game-interview/

I'm hardly a Pats fan, but are these same players tough on Ray Lewis for his role in a double murder?

Didn't think so.

+1

I'll admit it's part jealousy for me, too. But I think that's human nature to hate something/someone because they keep getting what you want. For the same reason someone said about the Dolphins, I'm tired of being the Pats' B word.

What I can't stand is the arrogance. Belichick acts like he is God's gift to football and then is a sore loser (what the H was up with him keeping the hood on last night during the postgame handshake with Harbaugh?). Brady gets the calls on the field and then whines like a little girl when he doesn't. This seems true of the entire team, also.

Don't get me started about the fans, either. I know a good amount of Boston-based fans and not all are bad. However, the majority are just God-awful arrogant and ignorant about their team. If they don't win, it's the officials' fault. If they do win, they could have won by more. True story...during the 2007 season, I met a Patriots fan while on vacation. When he shook my wife's hand he asked how it was to be touching perfection. That said it all right there.

but I can't name one former Patriot that went on to succeed on the next team.

Define success. Bledsoe led the Bills to a 9-7 (and 8-8) record. BenJarvis Green Ellis just had a 1000+ yard rushing season in Cincy and helped them into the playoffs. I'm sure there are more, those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Now if you mean dominant player who wins a Superbowl, you may be right. But that's true for most teams. Except Buffalo (see: Whitner).

I'm hardly a Pats fan, but are these same players tough on Ray Lewis for his role in a double murder?

Didn't think so.

Has anyone said that Ray Ray actually stabbed those guys, or just obstructed justice?