What is your "perfect" draft scenario?

rayray808

I just hope that, come draft time, everyone remembers that QBs often go way ahead of the draft number that the experts put on them. This team needs a real NFL QB more than anything - if that guy is there when they pick 8th, I'd like to see them grab him rather than get cutsey and try to get an extra 2nd by trading back.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true...

His numbers over a three year span are staggering...He completed 67.5% of 1416 passes over 3 years as a starter (71.2% completions as a Sr)...In those 3 years he threw 97 TD's to only 20 INT's...WVU was 26-13 with Smith starting from 2010-2012...I think it should also be pointed out that 3 out of the 6 losses in 2012 came with WVU scoring an average of 40 points!!!...That 7-6 record could have been 10-3 easily if the Mountaineers could play ANY Defense...

While I fully admit Geno would have gone behind Luck and RGIII, he certainly is coming into the NFL with a higher grade than Tannehill who went 8th overall...Geno Smith is CLEARLY the best QB prospect in this Draft...If he falls to the Bills at #8 I'll be dancing in the streets... B-)

I agree. He needs seasoning, no doubt, and any team that drafts him and starts him immediately will take some lumps, but I think he has the tools.

Priority Free Agent

Get Us the Honey Badger!!!!! I might even be willing to spend a third round pick after some convincing on this kid. Corner was a huge weak point for us for a big part of the last season. I know there are huge issues here, but as with Teo, the potential upside if you can keep this kid straight might be worth the risk. If Byrd leaves, you could try to turn Williams into his replacement at Free Safety, a position some thought he might have to move to coming out of the draft anyways. Draft Mathieu, pencil him in across from Gilmore, and see how much better we are.

honey badger will be a nickel corner. hes short and not very fast.aaron williams at FS is a terrible idea. he is more suited to be a SS because of his hands of stone. his game also does not translate to FS.

"Perfect" draft scenario:

1. Damontre Moore, DE

2. Matt Barkley, QB

3. Da'rick Rogers, WR

"Good" draft scenario:

1. Bjorn Werner, DE

2. Ryan Nassib, QB

3. Chase Thomas, OLB

"Likely" draft scenario:

1. Ryan Nassib, QB

2. Eddie Lacy, RB

3. Cornellius Carradine, DE

I agree. He needs seasoning, no doubt, and any team that drafts him and starts him immediately will take some lumps, but I think he has the tools.

So much about the success (or failure) of any QB coming in to the NFL depends on the situation they land in...I think Smith gives any Offensive Coach a skill set that could be turned into great things...But I also think he's not the type of QB, like Luck for example, that would be good no matter where he goes...It's going to take a good marriage for sure... B-)

"Perfect" draft scenario:

1. Damontre Moore, DE

2. Matt Barkley, QB

3. Da'rick Rogers, WR

"Good" draft scenario:

1. Bjorn Werner, DE

2. Ryan Nassib, QB

3. Chase Thomas, OLB

"Likely" draft scenario:

1. Ryan Nassib, QB

2. Eddie Lacy, RB

3. Cornellius Carradine, DE

I'll go out on a limb on 2 things...Lacey will be a 1st Round Pick...And Lacey will not be drafted by The Buffalo Bills... B-)

ROUND ONE - GENO SMITH

ROUND TWO - MATT BARKLEY

we pull that off and I will dress as Peter Pan to work the following week

That would be my worst nightmare. Smith will be a bust and Barkley will be a back-up. We need to go after good defensive players after we get a decent QB. I still like Landry Jones. Will be interetsed to see how he performs in th Senior Bowl.

ROUND ONE - GENO SMITH

ROUND TWO - MATT BARKLEY

we pull that off and I will dress as Peter Pan to work the following week

That would be my worst nightmare. Smith will be a bust and Barkley will be a back-up. We need to go after good defensive players after we get a decent QB. I still like Landry Jones. Will be interetsed to see how he performs in th Senior Bowl.

Nice to see Buffalo Barbarian has multiple accounts.

Why will Geno be a bust? I still haven't seen anyone argue this credibly.

So true...

His numbers over a three year span are staggering...He completed 67.5% of 1416 passes over 3 years as a starter (71.2% completions as a Sr)...In those 3 years he threw 97 TD's to only 20 INT's...WVU was 26-13 with Smith starting from 2010-2012...I think it should also be pointed out that 3 out of the 6 losses in 2012 came with WVU scoring an average of 40 points!!!...That 7-6 record could have been 10-3 easily if the Mountaineers could play ANY Defense...

While I fully admit Geno would have gone behind Luck and RGIII, he certainly is coming into the NFL with a higher grade than Tannehill who went 8th overall...Geno Smith is CLEARLY the best QB prospect in this Draft...If he falls to the Bills at #8 I'll be dancing in the streets... B-)

........and then the Bills pass on him too.

That's because they can't.

Right, and I'm not even saying he's a sure thing, because who is? I've just repeated over and over again what I like about him and replies from the haters are usually some kind of caveman-esque murmuring of... "he sucks!" "Pinstripe Bowl" "Couldn't play Syracuse!" "Beat in the snow!" It's like he's played one game in his college career or something.

Sounding more and more like Nassib will be our next QB. I really hope they dont grab him at 8.

Trade down with Rams to 22 and get their 2nd rd pick.

22- Nassib QB Syracuse

40- Xaiver Rhodes CB Florida State

48- Terrance Williams WR Baylor

72- Chase Thomas OLB Stanford

I see the "we can trade down with _______ and get their 2nd rounder too" stuff continues.

I continue to ask:

1) How does anyone know who wants to move up or down in the draft?

2) Why move down from a top 10 pick when you can get a top 10 talent?

Look at the teams that have traded down out of premium picks recently:

- Rams move out of the #2 spot, passing on RG3, and end up with Michael Brockers & Isaiah Pead instead

- Cleveland moves out of the #6 spot, passing on Julio Jones, and ends up with Phil Taylor and Greg Little instead

No trade involving top 10 teams

My point is simply this: trading out of the top 10 means missing out on a chance to pick one of the 10 best players in the draft. Trading down isn't the end-all, be-all of draft scenarios simply because a team ends up with more picks. Trading down tends to favor teams that are already in good shape, that want to stockpile picks for future years.

Stay where you are, and find yourself a QB...if you truly can't do that, then find an impact defender.

Edited by thebandit27

I see the "we can trade down with _______ and get their 2nd rounder too" stuff continues.

I continue to ask:

1) How does anyone know who wants to move up or down in the draft?

2) Why move down from a top 10 pick when you can get a top 10 talent?

Look at the teams that have traded down out of premium picks recently:

- Rams move out of the #2 spot, passing on RG3, and end up with Michael Brockers & Isaiah Pead instead

- Cleveland moves out of the #3 spot, passing on Julio Jones, and ends up with Phil Taylor and Greg Little instead

No trade involving top 10 teams

My point is simply this: trading out of the top 10 means missing out on a chance to pick one of the 10 best players in the draft. Trading down isn't the end-all, be-all of draft scenarios simply because a team ends up with more picks. Trading down tends to favor teams that are already in good shape, that want to stockpile picks for future years.

Stay where you are, and find yourself a QB...if you truly can't do that, then find an impact defender.

this

My perfect draft scenario is picking defense first. The Bills biggest weakness is on defense and their linebackers. If it's truly just a wish list, I want Jarvis Jones in the first round. However, after choking down the reality pill that he will be long gone by then, I want Manti Teo. If pray tell they're both gone, give me Dion Jordan or Alec Ogletree. I think those guys are hands down first round talent. In the 2nd round, I would hope they entertain the idea of Ryan Nassim. Again, if I have my wish list and don't check the reality at the door, I would love for them to instead have Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon. From there, they need to pick the vest available athletes on the board for depth. No team is looking for starters in the 3rd round or beyond.

Ok, looking at the teams ahead of us, and the one's behind us, it could go a lot of different ways, but just to play here goes.

Trade the 8th pick move down to mid first, trade a 7th and a 3rd to move into the late first or early second.

Mid first - Millner, Teo/Ogletre, Nassib

Late first - Teo/Ogletre, Nassib

Early second - Nassib

Our 2nd - Best LB on the board, could be any number of guys.

From there? Who the hell knows.. LOL

Tim-