What is your "perfect" draft scenario?

rayray808

I see the "we can trade down with _______ and get their 2nd rounder too" stuff continues.

I continue to ask:

1) How does anyone know who wants to move up or down in the draft?

2) Why move down from a top 10 pick when you can get a top 10 talent?

Look at the teams that have traded down out of premium picks recently:

- Rams move out of the #2 spot, passing on RG3, and end up with Michael Brockers & Isaiah Pead instead

- Cleveland moves out of the #6 spot, passing on Julio Jones, and ends up with Phil Taylor and Greg Little instead

No trade involving top 10 teams

My point is simply this: trading out of the top 10 means missing out on a chance to pick one of the 10 best players in the draft. Trading down isn't the end-all, be-all of draft scenarios simply because a team ends up with more picks. Trading down tends to favor teams that are already in good shape, that want to stockpile picks for future years.

Stay where you are, and find yourself a QB...if you truly can't do that, then find an impact defender.

Take a Valium. The thread is titled "what is your "perfect" draft scenario". People answered the question. In their "perfect" draft scenario, we trade down and acquire another pick. Not sure what the issue is here, except you needing a Valium.

After thinking about this nassib situation more and more, one thing has clicked in my mind. He likely won't be there when we pick in round 2. If we don't take a QB in rd 1, the teams that like nassib know there's a great chance we draft him with our 2nd rd pick. We need a QB and our coaches love him. Teams that want him will move ahead of us knowing our coaches love for him. We'll need to move up in order to draft him if we bypass him at 8. That's why we'll take him at 8 or hopefully move down a bit and draft him. I'd really be pissed if we gave up a 3rd in order to get him. There's lots of great talent in this years draft IMO. Especially at LB, DE.

Or maybe we like a different QB and aren't targeting him at all....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, looking at the teams ahead of us, and the one's behind us, it could go a lot of different ways, but just to play here goes.

Trade the 8th pick move down to mid first, trade a 7th and a 3rd to move into the late first or early second.

Mid first - Millner, Teo/Ogletre, Nassib

Late first - Teo/Ogletre, Nassib

Early second - Nassib

Our 2nd - Best LB on the board, could be any number of guys.

From there? Who the hell knows.. LOL

Tim-

If only we had a 7th.