What is your "perfect" draft scenario?

rayray808

I think we flat out need lb's and brown is up there with ogletree as one of the best in this draft IMO, I think he may fall to the second round as well

I agree that we need linebackers, but I just don't see us drafting a middle linebacker that high unless Marrone and Pettine are really, really down on Sheppard. I think the LB that is most likely to be replaced this season through the draft is Barnett, which is why I think they go with someone like Chase Thomas in the second round. I am pretty sure Brown will not be there with our next pick, either.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming Geno Smith is gone by #8...

Trade down, maybe twice...Get extra picks...Grab a QB with the 1st pick...

If anyone is offering up a 2014 1st (along with their 2013 1st) to get to #8, no matter how far I have to go down, I'm doing it...I still take a QB with my 1st pick of this Draft no matter what... B-)

Round 1 - Alec Ogletree

Round 2 - Mike Glennon/Tyler Wilson/Ryan Nassib....in that order.

Not bad but if a blue chip OT is there a #8, I hope Nix's would snatch him...I'd also replace Tyler Bray for Nassib in that 2nd rd scenario. I'm a fan of creating a strong ground game offensively with the playaction format ala the 49'ers.

ya bring in a coke addict makes sense

Coke addict? Thought it was weed?

Trade back into the 20's add an extra 2nd and 3rd round picks.

1st Olgetree or Manti

2nd Zack Effert TE Notre Dame

2nd DeAndre Hopkins Wr Clemson

3rd Ej Manuel QB FSU

3rd Tyran Matieu CB LSU

This would go down as my favorite drafts ever. 4 starters instantly in this draft, Ej can develop for a yr or two. obviously we would pick up Flynn or Smith to start right away and i would love to sign Dashon Golson or Laron Landry to pair up with Byrd

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Not bad but if a blue chip OT is there a #8, I hope Nix's would snatch him...I'd also replace Tyler Bray for Nassib in that 2nd rd scenario. I'm a fan of creating a strong ground game offensively with the playaction format ala the 49'ers.

Coke addict? Thought it was weed?

It is. He's clueless

Trade back into the 20's add an extra 2nd and 3rd round picks.

1st Olgetree or Manti

2nd Zack Effert TE Notre Dame

2nd DeAndre Hopkins Wr Clemson

3rd Ej Manuel QB FSU

3rd Tyran Matieu CB LSU

This would go down as my favorite drafts ever. 4 starters instantly in this draft, Ej can develop for a yr or two. obviously we would pick up Flynn or Smith to start right away and i would love to sign Dashon Golson or Laron Landry to pair up with Byrd

That would be great

This...but in my perfect scenario we trade down and still get a LB and then get another LB in round 2 to go with the qB

I definitely think the Bills will go after a veteran LB in Free Agency. I wish there would be some team that dumps a good player like we did with Fletcher six seasons ago and he is still playing and even making the Pro Bowl.

I have to laugh at a few (not most) of these posts.

Geno Smith at 8 with teams like KC, Jax, Oakland, Cleveland, and Arizona picking in front of us? Very, very, very unlikely.

Barkevious Mingo falling to the 2nd round? Absolutey impossible. He's a top 5 pick...if he tears an ACL in his pre-draft workouts, he'll still be a 1st rounder.

Tyler Wilson being there in the 3rd? I could see maybe Buffalo moving up from their 2nd round pick to get him at the beginning of round 2...but round 3? Come on.

I only bring it up b/c the OP specifically stated "something PRACTICAL that could actually go down".

Whose this coke addict ? Is he as good as Mallett ? Get er dun

Coke addicts > Harvard qbs

Remind me again...what has Mallett done in the NFL that makes him better than Fitz?

Edited by thebandit27

I have to laugh at a few (not most) of these posts.

Geno Smith at 8 with teams like KC, Jax, Oakland, Cleveland, and Arizona picking in front of us? Very, very, very unlikely.

Barkevious Mingo falling to the 2nd round? Absolutey impossible. He's a top 5 pick...if he tears an ACL in his pre-draft workouts, he'll still be a 1st rounder.

Tyler Wilson being there in the 3rd? I could see maybe Buffalo moving up from their 2nd round pick to get him at the beginning of round 2...but round 3? Come on.

I only bring it up b/c the OP specifically stated "something PRACTICAL that could actually go down".

Remind me again...what has Mallett done in the NFL that makes him better than Fitz?

he hasn't posted a 13-40 something record for starters. hasn't duped a franchise out of 60 mil yet either.

one day he might achieve such high accolades.

as far as Geno at 8 goes......a lot are saying that as Kiper has Geno going in the 20's FWIW....i don't buy it either.

he hasn't posted a 13-40 something record for starters. hasn't duped a franchise out of 60 mil yet either.

one day he might achieve such high accolades.

as far as Geno at 8 goes......a lot are saying that as Kiper has Geno going in the 20's FWIW....i don't buy it either.

Well, until Mallett sees the field, he'll have to settle for being not as good as Fitzpatrick in any metric by which football players can reasonably be judged...and trust me, I'm no Fitz fan.

Agreed on Geno...Kiper can say whatever he wants...in a QB's league, somone is taking one in the top 5...

I agree that we need linebackers, but I just don't see us drafting a middle linebacker that high unless Marrone and Pettine are really, really down on Sheppard. I think the LB that is most likely to be replaced this season through the draft is Barnett, which is why I think they go with someone like Chase Thomas in the second round. I am pretty sure Brown will not be there with our next pick, either.

I agree with your statement about a middle linebacker that high, but I do believe brown can play outside with his speed in this league. I also believe that he'll fall to us in the second because he has remained very quiet around league talk.

Based on re-signing Levitre and Byrd and replacing Wilson via FA (Landry possibly).

1. Trade Down - and get Ogletree somewhere around 20

2. Early - Glennon/Wilson/Nassib - feel that only Nassib will be there

2. Late - Eddie Lacy

3. Justin Hunter

4. Nico Johnson

5. Honey Badger

Don't know enough about 6-7th rounders to offer up names, but would like some more OL depth and a TE.

Based on re-signing Levitre and Byrd and replacing Wilson via FA (Landry possibly).

1. Trade Down - and get Ogletree somewhere around 20

2. Early - Glennon/Wilson/Nassib - feel that only Nassib will be there

2. Late - Eddie Lacy

3. Justin Hunter

4. Nico Johnson

5. Honey Badger

Don't know enough about 6-7th rounders to offer up names, but would like some more OL depth and a TE.

I think when it all shakes out Eddie Lacey will be no worse than a late 1st Round Pick...I just have a feeling that a team like the Steelers, or Colts, will literally be salivating at the possibility of getting Lacey... B-)

I think when it all shakes out Eddie Lacey will be no worse than a late 1st Round Pick...I just have a feeling that a team like the Steelers, or Colts, will literally be salivating at the possibility of getting Lacey... B-)

And they should be. He's a stud. Easily the best RB in this draft IMO.

We once were very lucky in the draft

Cousineau was drafted first overall in the 1979 NFL Draft by the Buffalo Bills, who acquired the pick from the San Francisco 49ers in a trade for O.J. Simpson. Cousineau never played a game with the Bills. He instead signed with the Canadian Football League Montreal Alouettes where they offered double the money that the Bills originally offered. Cousineau became a star there, becoming the Grey Cup Most Valuable Player in the 1979 season. Cousineau wanted to return to the NFL, and in 1982 the Houston Oilers attempted to sign him, but the Bills (who still held Cousineau's NFL rights) matched the offer. He was then traded from the Bills to the Cleveland Browns for a first round draft choice (14th overall) in the 1983 NFL Draft.[4] That pick was used on future Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly. Cousineau signed a five-year contract for 2.5 million dollars, the most ever for a Cleveland Brown player at the time.[5]

During Cousineau's four seasons with the Browns, he led the team in tackles for three seasons. He was named a 2nd-team All-NFL by the NEA in 1983, and by the AP in 1984, but never made the Pro Bowl in his career. He was considered an overpaid disappointment in Cleveland, while Bills fans fondly remember the fact that the man who once snubbed them for the CFL was traded for Jim Kelly. Cousineau signed with the San Francisco 49ers as a free agent after the 1985 season where he played two years as a reserve before retiring in 1987.

Cousineau finished his NFL career with ten interceptions and 6.5 career sacks and currently stays at home with his wife, Lisa, and two daughters, Kyle and Kacey, in Akron, Ohio and renovates houses.