Jadeveon Clowney - DE - University of South Carolina

Guest BlackBenny

Guest BlackBenny

I have been watching this sophomore DL from the USC Gamecocks. He was the top rated recruit coming out of high school. They are saying he is the best DL prospect they have seen since Bruce Smith. Bruce was one of the few guys who had it all. He could bull rush you with his strength or he could blow around you with his speed. That's why no one could block him one on one. Clowney has the same attributes. He's strong enough to bull rush and fast enough to fly around you. Watching this kid is truely amazing. He made highlight reel plays over and over. Here's a good hit he had agains Michigan.

If Buffalo loses all of it's games and has the first pick in 2014 they better draft him. Unless he gets hurt he will most likely be the first player chosen in the 2014 draft. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC44nP7ClxM

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clowney is being touted as the best defensive prospect in a long long time....that hit he laid in the bowl game was down right nasty

1st pick on 2014 is Johnny Football

I'm pretty sure he isn't eligible

Edited by zevo

From his highlight reel on youtube, he's definitely got a good first step, and knows how to take advantage of the pressure and blocking that his d linemates are bringing. But, like most d line prospects, it will depend on how well he transitions to the next level, when the quality of o linemen he will be facing week in and week out will increase dramatically.

Guest BlackBenny

The odds of him developing into a very good to great professional are pretty strong, assuming a strong work ethic and good luck on the health and injury front. The odds of him developing into arguably the greatest defensive end of all-time and posting 200+ sacks are terrible.

You are a master of the obvious. Of course the odds are against him becoming the greatest defensive end of all time.. A lot of things can happen. I never said he was going to be the best DE of all time. Too many variables come into play from starting an NFL career, to it's end. Just like Andrew Luck of Indy. They said he was the BEST QB prospect since John Elway. That doesn't GUARANTEE he will be better than Elway, it just means he has the potential to become that good.

To sum it up, a guy like Luck has the talent & potential, so there is pretty good chance he might turn out. A guy like FItztrajic will NEVER be a good quarterback because he doesn't have the tools nor the talent. Fitz's chances of becoming a great quarterback are 0 to NONE!.

closer to a Lawrence Taylor than a Bruce Smith...just different style.

And yes, if Manziel isn't in the next draft class, Clowney should go #1

Manziel is a red-shirt freshman this year, therefore he will be a red-shirt sophmore next season. I think he's eligible for the 2014 draft. I any case, I think Clowney would be the no-brainer #1 pick.

A year as a "redshirt" player in college counts toward eligibility even though the player was not allowed to participate in games during that year. Therefore players who have completed their redshirt sophomore year can enter the NFL draft.

http://www.ehow.com/...lity-rules.html

From his highlight reel on youtube,
he's definitely got a good first step
, and knows how to take advantage of the pressure and blocking that his d linemates are bringing. But, like most d line prospects, it will depend on how well he transitions to the next level, when the quality of o linemen he will be facing week in and week out will increase dramatically.

I've heard this one before. Fool me once...

From his highlight reel on youtube, he's definitely got a good first step, and knows how to take advantage of the pressure and blocking that his d linemates are bringing. But, like most d line prospects, it will depend on how well he transitions to the next level, when the quality of o linemen he will be facing week in and week out will increase dramatically.

He's a freak of nature. The things he can do as a 6'6 player just defy logic. I have seen him with his body at absolutely ridiculous angles to better utilize leverage, I have seen him blow by tackles with his first step, I have seen him bullrush tackles right into the backfield, etc. His swim, rip and punch moves are all otherworldly. The odds of him being a very good pro...I would say are very good. As long as he doesn't lose that drive.

The fact he walked onto campus, started and was a top 3 DE in the SEC from day 1 BUT still came back for his sophomore season as a more complete player (vastly improved against the run IMO) is a good start. He's a once in a generation type player if I have ever seen one.

Nope. Marcus Mariotta.

He's good, but mostly a product of Kelly's system at Oregon. I'd consider other options before Mariotta.

As for Clowney...he's an absolute beast. As long as he stays healthy, he'll be the consensus first draft pick of 2014.

He's a freak of nature. The things he can do as a 6'6 player just defy logic. I have seen him with his body at absolutely ridiculous angles to better utilize leverage, I have seen him blow by tackles with his first step, I have seen him bullrush tackles right into the backfield, etc. His swim, rip and punch moves are all otherworldly. The odds of him being a very good pro...I would say are very good. As long as he doesn't lose that drive.

The fact he walked onto campus, started and was a top 3 DE in the SEC from day 1 BUT still came back for his sophomore season as a more complete player (vastly improved against the run IMO) is a good start. He's a once in a generation type player if I have ever seen one.

Exactly, Clowney has the talent and ability to break every record on the books for dlineman. He's THAT good.

if we have a shot at him or Manziel, its an easy choice, Clowney is the pick hands down.

I have been watching this sophomore DL from the USC Gamecocks. He was the top rated recruit coming out of high school. They are saying he is the best DL prospect they have seen since Bruce Smith. Bruce was one of the few guys who had it all. He could bull rush you with his strength or he could blow around you with his speed. That's why no one could block him one on one. Clowney has the same attributes. He's strong enough to bull rush and fast enough to fly around you. Watching this kid is truely amazing. He made highlight reel plays over and over. Here's a good hit he had agains Michigan.

If Buffalo loses all of it's games and has the first pick in 2014 they better draft him. Unless he gets hurt he will most likely be the first player chosen in the 2014 draft. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC44nP7ClxM

we have never lost all of our games and quit talking like we will. We finally have a head coach with clue how to coach and a DC who I think could end up being the best in the Biz.

Also if we do lose out we better get friggin Johny Manziel after we bribe an agent to make illegal gifts to him and he is forced to come out.

and he is eligible in 2014;

"How quickly Manziel realizes that potential largely will depend on him. The soonest he can be eligible for the draft is the spring of 2014, after his sophomore season, when he will have been out of high school for three years — the minimum allowed under NFL rules."

http://www.dallasnew...t-a-problem.ece

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

You are a master of the obvious. Of course the odds are against him becoming the greatest defensive end of all time.. A lot of things can happen. I never said he was going to be the best DE of all time. Too many variables come into play from starting an NFL career, to it's end. Just like Andrew Luck of Indy. They said he was the BEST QB prospect since John Elway. That doesn't GUARANTEE he will be better than Elway, it just means he has the potential to become that good.

To sum it up, a guy like Luck has the talent & potential, so there is pretty good chance he might turn out. A guy like FItztrajic will NEVER be a good quarterback because he doesn't have the tools nor the talent. Fitz's chances of becoming a great quarterback are 0 to NONE!.

No. You said he could be "The Next Bruce Smith". Own your words.

I may have mastered the obvious, but you're far from such simple mastery yourself, apparently.