2013 HOF Finalists; Update - Andre Reed did not make it

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ogden and Allen are the best of this bunch and are sure first ballet HOF's. I think this is Andre's best but perhaps shot as the rest of the class is not that impressive and more WR's are coming soon. Parcells should be in but they may wait another year or two to make sure he doesn't take one more GM job. Andre, Carter, and Brown were all as good or better at their postion as any of these other players. Strahan is 60 sacks short of Bruce Smith. Greene was not a complete LB. Williams ehh. Shields good/great player but no way three OL make it. Bettis was never as good a RB as those three WR's were at their position. Unfortunately I just don't think Reed makes it.

Here is my list

1. Ogden

2. Allen

3. Sapp

4. Carter

5. Brown

Sapp is a marginal HOF player I don't think he gets in this year. I don't think Brown gets ahead of Reed. Remember, Reed beat out both Carter and Brown last year in the voting and made to the Top 10.

• 3 weeks later...

According to Gil Brandt, the vote is in. There shouldn't be a delay in hearing the results.

@Gil_Brandt

Ballots for final 5 have just been handed in. Should get an announcement on time. #HOF

Edited by Punch

Thank goodness the fans don't vote for this. They voted Howie Long as the other DE (besides Reggie White) on the Pro Football Hall of Fame All-Time Team. Not Bruce Smith. Not even Deacon Jones. Howie Freaking Long.

According to Gil Brandt, the vote is in. There shouldn't be a delay in hearing the results.

@Gil_Brandt

Ballots for final 5 have just been handed in. Should get an announcement on time. #HOF

The only delay will be from the guys on NFL Network who will be prepping up the announcement. Does it really need to be a 90 minute broadcast?

Good luck Andre Reed.

The only delay will be from the guys on NFL Network who will be prepping up the announcement. Does it really need to be a 90 minute broadcast?

Good luck Andre Reed.

Of course--- I'm hoping for the results to be leaked. IIRC, they were last year prior to the broadcast announcement.