Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres been a few excessively negative reactions, I am lurking a few other Bills sites as well right now

You might be right. In fact, I bet it'll be nearly universally panned on WGR and elsewhere.

I'm nervous as hell about the choice, but I remain optimistic for the moment.

Ed Kilgore@kedwinkilgore

Hackett hiring no shock since Marrone trusts him. No bigger risk than Marrone as HC. #wgrz #bills

These are the reasons his knowledge of the "K-Gun" isn't exactly comforting. It doesn't mean no one thinks it can succeed, but it's definitely very high risk.

In trying to stay positive and hoping to dig up some cuse video this weekend but.... It's a tough blow at the moment.

That wasn't a particularly good offense is the issue with that. Go optimism, but still worrisome.

Let me clarify.... I was only giving a for "what it's worth" , in no way am I optimistic (or pessimistic) or endorsing Hackett as OC.... I'm just taking it all in and watch things develop. Funny, but, for the last umpteen years the most exciting time to be a Bills fan is the off season. No NFL games are won or lost in the offseason. I don't give a crap who they cut, who they bring in, or why.... I just want to start seeing the Ws add up when it counts. Just sayin

That's definitely one of the details I like about Marrone. Adaptability is key to winning in the NFL.

There are benefits to having a young guy like Hackett who isn't set in his ways and overly committed to a system, but I'm afraid of what he's going to call on a 3rd and 5 at the NE 30 yard line, with the Bills down by 5 and :50 left on the clock--- assunming we ever find ourselves in that position. There's so much more pressure in the NFL.

That's a kick in the nuts. Proof that I'm suffering some arrested development: a Bills coach that's my age shocks the hell out of me, but a billionaire that bought the Redskins at about the same age didn't cause me to bat an eyelash until I really let it sink in.

I'm still 12 years old, deep down.

How old was McDaniels when he became OC? Late 20's I believe and he was hired by the Broncos in his early 30's.

We were 6-10 and 28th in scoring

But wildly optimistic at the idea in September

Well... what would expect with their OC getting canned and then 2 kids that aren't close to being ready to caoch an offense are just thrown in there.... with Trent Edwards and Fitz as the QBs. How the hell they won six games is a miracle in and of itself.

How old was McDaniels when he became OC? Late 20's I believe and he was hired by the Broncos in his early 30's.

Not a good example. He had been an assistant coach in NE for 5 years before becoming OC.

And that is under Belichick and with Tom Brady.

I'm AOK with Marrone, so I really like the idea of bringing Hackett...They obviously feel they work well together...That can't be a bad thing...People who have had success together should stick together...

Like The Beatles for example... ;)

I guess Coy Wire won't be joining the Bills coaching staff?

:bag:

"Obviously, with the coordinators, we want people that have thorough NFL experience, as far as especially on the defensive side of the ball," Marrone said Monday. "Offensively, we want people with NFL experience. For our coordinators, we want to make sure they've been in this league."

Quotes from the press conference.