Tebow: Soon the man without a country, so to speak.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will not succeed at another position until he himself embraces the idea that he cannot play quarterback in the NFL.

By that I mean the fans and media will never leave it alone. They'll constantly clamor for him to play QB. He is the only one who can shut that down for good by coming out and saying "I am not, nor do I want to be, a quarterback in this league. But I want to be a football player. Moreover, I want to be a running back/fullback/tight end/whatever and will devote all my energies and my significant athletic ability to playing that position. Everyone who wants to see me play quarterback can go on YouTube and watch my games at Florida and with Denver, because I am not going to play quarterback ever again."

That is his only chance to succeed in the NFL at another position and keep the quarterback position from becoming a damn circus.

He needs a coach to interview him first and ask him if he'd be willing to play TE ....that's where Marrone comes in. If he's an offensive guru as they say, he could convince Tebow to make that switch....before Bellicheck does.

Other than being an absolute weirdo, this guy does nothing but bring drama and unwanted attention to wherever he goes. Of course, the drama and attention is what Tebow wants; just everyone around him has no choice but to be part of it. The fake pious boy, look at me pray crap can go anywhere but Buffalo, as far as I'm concerned. Bleck.

I guess the question I have is why?

The three things you mentioned are attributes held by many tight ends. What would the Bills have to gain by bringing him in? Before you ask "But what would they have to lose?" I'll say look at the Jets. Just an unwanted headache.

Why?? ACL Scott Chandler...will he be ready and is Dorin Dickerson ready to be our go to guy?? Let's have an open competition for TE and if Tebow is passable as TE, maybe Marrone goes with some two TE sets.

Other than being an absolute weirdo, this guy does nothing but bring drama and unwanted attention to wherever he goes. Of course, the drama and attention is what Tebow wants; just everyone around him has no choice but to be part of it. The fake pious boy, look at me pray crap can go anywhere but Buffalo, as far as I'm concerned. Bleck.

Other than those comments...any insight on his athletic ability??

I guess the question I have is why?

The three things you mentioned are attributes held by many tight ends. What would the Bills have to gain by bringing him in? Before you ask "But what would they have to lose?" I'll say look at the Jets. Just an unwanted headache.

how much was the just the jets being the jets, and how much was tebow, i have to wonder. if you dropped a different backup qb in there it still likely wouldve been dramatic.

Why?? ACL Scott Chandler...will he be ready and is Dorin Dickerson ready to be our go to guy?? Let's have an open competition for TE and if Tebow is passable as TE, maybe Marrone goes with some two TE sets.

id have to guess that chandler has a better chance at being ready to start at TE than tebow would for week 1.

He is a phenomenal athlete. But so is Michael Jordan and how did he do at baseball? Tebow's skills took him as far as he could go at the collegiate level. His talent level is not NFL caliber. This is why NFL players are so unique. They are that much better than the best QB in college. It happens. A lot. Look at all of the QBs who were awesome in college but couldn't crack a roster at the NFL level. And just because he is big and strong and athletic, it doesn't mean you can plug him into any positions where other NFL players happen to be big, strong and athletic.

He was one of the best college QBs in history. That is not too shabby to be able to say.

He simply isn't an NFL player, in my opinion. And his story, as well as his shtick (who doesn't love Yiddish?) are getting boring. Very quickly.

how much was the just the jets being the jets, and how much was tebow, i have to wonder. if you dropped a different backup qb in there it still likely wouldve been dramatic.

id have to guess that chandler has a better chance at being ready to start at TE than tebow would for week 1.

But will "Scotty Don't" have the same penchant for collisions in groups over the middle as pre-injury...and do we need another athletic (shorter) TE who concentrates more on short routes/slot than seams over the middle.

He is a phenomenal athlete. But so is Michael Jordan and how did he do at baseball? Tebow's skills took him as far as he could go at the collegiate level. His talent level is not NFL caliber. This is why NFL players are so unique. They are that much better than the best QB in college. It happens. A lot. Look at all of the QBs who were awesome in college but couldn't crack a roster at the NFL level. And just because he is big and strong and athletic, it doesn't mean you can plug him into any positions where other NFL players happen to be big, strong and athletic.

He was one of the best college QBs in history. That is not too shabby to be able to say.

He simply isn't an NFL player, in my opinion. And his story, as well as his shtick (who doesn't love Yiddish?) are getting boring. Very quickly.

I respect your opinion and thank you for that well reasoned argument but defensive players have made switch to offense and basketball players have switched to football (Jimmy Graham again)...but despite the rhetoric about his Christianity and the bad press about him being a friendly guy, he'd run through a brick wall for a coach that respected him...that's the kind of player I want in our community (my hometown)

But will "Scotty Don't" have the same penchant for collisions in groups over the middle as pre-injury...and do we need another athletic (shorter) TE who concentrates more on short routes/slot than seams over the middle.

I respect your opinion and thank you for that well reasoned argument but defensive players have made switch to offense and basketball players have switched to football (Jimmy Graham again)...but despite the rhetoric about his Christianity and the bad press about him being a friendly guy, he'd run through a brick wall for a coach that respected him...that's the kind of player I want in our community (my hometown)

And I respect your opinion as well. I am in the minority. I don't believe he is who he portrays himself to be. It isn't about his religious views, either. I don't think he gets bad press for being a good guy. He gets bad press for being pretentious.

His measurables are:

6'3" (Hernandez is 6'2")

4.7 40 yd dash speed (Dennis Pitta had a 4.72)

Vertical Leap 38.5" (same as Jimmy Graham)

Broad Jump of 115" (Jermaine Gresham had 113)

Graham 3 cone: 6.9

Tebow: 6.66

Shuttle drill: Graham 4.45

Tebow: 4.17

Height is the biggest difference between Graham (6'6") and Tebow.(6'3")

I'm actually surprised by his measurables. In watching him play I never got the feeling that he had quickness and explosion to his game. But his vertical and his broad jump say otherwise and his agility times are pretty good.

That said, the time for Tebow to embrace a position change is right now. Other players have changed positions but many did so knowing that they would have to in the NFL. If Tebow starts working out as an H-back and spends the offseason honing these skills, I could see it.

But no coaching staff is gonna want to bring him into training camp and then have to spend extra time and energy helping him transition.

He needs to work on a position change now not in May, if he wants to have an NFL career.

There were times this past season where seeing Tebow in a Bills uniform.....under center .....wouldn't have bothered me a bit. He throws an accurate long ball. I've seen it.

jb

He threw one. Against the Steelers. I saw it, too.

I'm actually surprised by his measurables. In watching him play I never got the feeling that he had quickness and explosion to his game. But his vertical and his broad jump say otherwise and his agility times are pretty good.

That said, the time for Tebow to embrace a position change is right now. Other players have changed positions but many did so knowing that they would have to in the NFL. If Tebow starts working out as an H-back and spends the offseason honing these skills, I could see it.

But no coaching staff is gonna want to bring him into training camp and then have to spend extra time and energy helping him transition.

He needs to work on a position change now not in May, if he wants to have an NFL career.

Good point SJ...perhaps Caldwell saying they have no plans for him is the type of news he needs to start that process. His agent should look for teams that are in need of TE and slot WR help....enter Marrone.