Who Thinks Drew Bledsoe Will Be A Cowboy This Year

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My gut tells me that Parcells would not go after Drew. You can always tell the players that Parcells really likes, and the glint that he has for Curtis Martin, Tedy Bruschi, and Richie Anderson never seemed to be there for Drew. On the other hand, he seemed to outright dislike Terry Glenn and he traded for him. Bill P. does like familiarity.

When Parcells drafted Drew and was asked why, he said it was because he could "make all the throws." I'll never forget that for some reason.

The obvious question this raises is what will the Bills's QB situation be after this trade next year. Since Bledsoe's entire bonus would be accelerated into next year by trading him before the draft, this move would be as disastrous for our team as cutting him before June 1st would have been back when whiners were advocating that.

The notion of the being remotely interested in Henry after the promise Jones showed for them at RB this year is also laughable. If Henry is too pissed at being a back-up for WM to want to stay here, then being traded so he can back-up Jones will not make him a happy camper.

Neither idea makes any sense for the Bills or the other parties involved.

Under no circumstances what so ever would the cowboys trade a 1 for Bledsoe/Henry. When they already have Julius Jones. Bledsoe is gonna be here next year. He'll probably be starting for us next year as well, I know most of you hate to hear this, but our best chance to win right now is with Bledsoe at qb. Go The Chad Pennington route with JP, and you'll all be grateful for it in the future, when Losman can learn the game from the outside-in. We Have an exciting future in Mcgahee/Evans and eventually Losman, but that future with Losman won't begin until 2006, and we'll only be better for it.

When Parcells drafted Drew and was asked why, he said it was because he could "make all the throws." I'll never forget that for some reason.

195130[/snapback]

That's exactly the problem.......Drew makes ALL the throws....including the ones to the players in the different colored jerseys. If he'd complete a few fewer throws to them, maybe he wouldn't leave himself open to so much criticism.........although he is still pretty damn slow........yeah, I think I'd still criticize him just as much.........but his stats would look better.

Bledsoe and Travis Henry for a first round pick? (their #10. but I'd settle for our old #20)  I'd take it in a heartbeat.

PTR

195125[/snapback]

The cowboys just found out who their longtime RB is going to be after the

last 5 weeks of the regular season. Julius Jones tore it up and rushed for

800 yards in the last 5 games. I don't think they need a Travis Henry and

why would TH go to the Cowboys if he wants to be guaranteed a starting

spot.

I find it interesting that the prevailing opinion among those fans is that Buffalo would be crazy to let him go given how close they came to the playoffs this year.

195287[/snapback]

Well hey 9-7 is a lot better than where the Cowboys ended up. It's all about expectations...

I find it interesting that the prevailing opinion among those fans is that Buffalo would be crazy to let him go given how close they came to the playoffs this year.

195287[/snapback]

They dont watch all the games.