Bills Have ? Cap Space

T master

Read the last sentence & comprehend what it says !! I did !! You can do it trust me it's not that hard i promise ...

If you add in what would be a smart move by either doing a major restructure to Fitz contract or cutting him all together they would save what i think i heard to be another 10.45 in cap space .

You wrote the above. There is NOTHING in either source of information (your uncited James Walker blog post, which says we can save $4.45 million) or the "nyjetscap" site, which says potential savings are only $450,000, to indicate that we can save "what (you) think (you) heard to be another 10.45 in cap space."

Are you really that dense?

Edited by ny33

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI- the "nyjetscap" website shows that the cap savings would only be $450,000 if we cut Fitz. Evidently you don't understand the difference between cap value and cap savings. I can't say I'm surprised.

Neither source of information indicates that we could cut $10.45 million from the cap by cutting Fitzpatrick, which is what you claim in your original post.

Why would i read anything about the NYJ they suck as bad as we did this year, the only difference is well there really is none but i know what i read , the article by James Walker it saying which i took this from his article so go argue with him i'm just stating what he wrote.

If the Bills pay the bonus, Fitzpatrick's cap number jumps to $10.45 million next season, which would be suitable for a franchise quarterback.

I believe the new June 1st designation is the problem here...

Keeping Fitz will cost $10.45M against the 2013 cap. Cutting him before June 1st will cost $10M against the 2013 cap. That's obviously only a $,45 M savings against the 2013 cap... And $7.5M actual cash savings.

However, the June 1st designation allows the Bills to release him and not pay his $3M roster bonus (plus workout bonus). While, at the same time, spread out the dead cap money over the next 2 seasons. That equals $4.45M against the 2013 cap and the same against the 2014 cap. The Cash savings is the same regardless.

Hope this helps.

Edited by draz54

Why would i read anything about the NYJ they suck as bad as we did this year, the only difference is well there really is none but i know what i read , the article by James Walker it saying which i took this from his article so go argue with him i'm just stating what he wrote.

If the Bills pay the bonus, Fitzpatrick's cap number jumps to $10.45 million next season, which would be suitable for a franchise quarterback.

Again, you clearly have failed to understand the difference between cap hit and potential cap savings.

As for the NYJ, I'm referring to the website that was linked in the thread called "nyjetscap.com," which you referenced yourself. I'm so shocked that went over your head.

Reading a article on ESPN i saw that the Bills have 20.6 mill in cap space for 2013. If you add in what would be a smart move by either doing a major restructure to Fitz contract or cutting him all together they would save what i think i heard to be another 10.45 in cap space . As long as it is done before the football year starts.

So that would put them at 30 + mill in space, of coarse i may be speaking out of the side of my face b/c i'm not real sure how all of this works pertaining to the Fitz thing. Would that amount just go to the cap space if they cut him before the deadline or would they still owe him something ?

Plus i don't see Thigpen coming back so if he is owed anything cut him too !!

MO MONEY - MO MONEY - MO MONEY !!

Seeing as Byrd & Levetrie are two of the corner stones of the teams future & Fitz doesn't look to be as important to that future i would say no brainer for the new coach or the old front office.

Pay a back up QB top money to sit the bench or restructure or cut him ?? HMMM let's see ?

SEE YA !! Just thought i would pass this on if you all are wondering how much we have to fool with while thinking of the 2013 draft & free agency.

One last thing - Kevin Green for D coordinator !!!!

Sign Flacco!!!

Fitz is gone guys who give a sh*t?

Now the cap space thing is good, especially since this is being seen as abit of a 'weak' draft. Resign your two big FA.

Make some decisions on the rest of your FA and who else is out there and go from there.

They need some money for a proven Vet QB and would like a lb added in FA.

I don't think anyone is bickering. "T master," however, is failing to understand the basics of cap numbers, including what he's posted.

Oh, the irony....

Here's a link that could help with understanding he June 1st designation.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/35825/wise-accounting-give-panthers-cap-room

Of course, ya'll can ignore these posts and keep right on bickering if you like.

Thanks for posting, I was going to mention that date of cut would make a huge difference, but didnt have a good breakdown on his contract yet in order to try and outline it.

Oh, the irony....

Thanks for posting, I was going to mention that date of cut would make a huge difference, but didnt have a good breakdown on his contract yet in order to try and outline it.

What's ironic?

He's claiming, "cutting him all together they would save what i think i heard to be total 10.45 in cap space . As long as it is done before the football year starts."

There is no evidence for that.

Edited by ny33

You're welcome... Her're the details...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3240/ryan-fitzpatrick

10/28/2011: Signed a seven-year, $62.195 million contract. The deal contains $24 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus. An annual $200,000 workout bonus is available throughout the contract's life. 2013: $4.25 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2014: $4.35 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2015: $7.2 million, 2016: $8.75 million, 2017: $9.45 million, 2018: Free Agent

What's ironic?

He's claiming, "cutting him all together they would save what i think i heard to be total 10.45 in cap space . As long as it is done before the football year starts."

He moved onto a new article after his off the cuff rant. Everyone else is talking about that now, generally.

What's ironic?

Sorry dude... That math ain't working in your favor.

Bottom line... We can save around $5M against 2013 cap... But it will cost about $5M more in 2014.

Edited by draz54

Sorry dude... That math ain't working in your favor.

Bottom line... We can save around $5M against 2013 cap... But it will cost about $5M more in 2014.

I'm aware of that. I'm citing "T master's" claim about our cap savings for 2013, which was derived from his misreading of Fitz's cap hit for 2013.

I've spoke with the guy who does the NYJets Cap site a few times. He's a good dude, said he updates his Bills stuff as soon as he can, usually at least 3 weeks up to date. He has his fans who send him info on a regular basis about their teams transactions.

He said he'd answer any questions or what not if there was ever confusion about the cap - he joined this site once, IIRC but he is not sure if he did or not. Either way, for a Jets fan he is a dedicated guy, for his work he is even more so.

"The Bills can actually save nearly $500K against the salary cap by cutting Ryan Fitzpatrick after this season". Taken from this NBC page http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3240/ryan-fitzpatrick

So cut him to save a half mill in cap space would be stupid because

1. A decent backup will cost more than that to sign

2. There is no indication that anyone can be signed/drafted that is any better than Fitz.

I just love how the peanut gallery wants to cut a guy when there is no guarantee that anyone better available.